Pink Floyd

Mr. Not

The thing about Atom Heart Mother and Meddle is that they have good moments, and the same would go for Wish You Were Here too, but anywhere from 50% to 80% of the album is shitty filler that's sickeningly bad. Or, no, it's not filler, it's experimental and progressive, it's part of the song's story, it builds adds to what makes Pink Floyd so unique and great... Sure.

Songs like Close to the Edge or Supper's Ready (just a couple of examples) are long like Floyd songs, but they're coherent and filled with interesting content. And when they take pseudo ambient breaks, they actually sound pleasing, unlike Floyd. Shine on you Crazy Diamond and Echoes are as close as they've gotten to a good epic, but both, again, have too much filler.

So f**k it, if I want to listen to prog rock, I listen to a prog rock band... And if I feel like listening to a lot of something of nothing that will put me to sleet, I'll listen to actual ambient music (we all know how Brian Eno described ambient music).

I know I don't go in listening into Pink Floyd with the right mentality, I can never set my mentality to an inconsistent and incoherent mode... So I guess I do need to get some of that there LSD before I understand...

Edited by Mr. IsNot

Shine on you Crazy Diamond and Echoes are as close as they've gotten to a good epic, but both, again, have too much filler.

Shine has lost its massive appeal over the years but how anyone can say Echoes has too much filler is beyond me.

Edited by Steevo

Shine on you Crazy Diamond and Echoes are as close as they've gotten to a good epic, but both, again, have too much filler.

Shine has lost its massive appeal over the years but how anyone can say Echoes has too much filler is beyond me.

11:00 - 17:00

I bet a huge factor is the production. My good friend Kiev refuses to listen to pre 80s Yes, Rush, etc because he dislikes the production.

PT has been highly influenced by PF, and songs of theirs like Sky Moves Sideways and Voyage 34, I enjoy... I guess that's because what I'm hearing is believable, for a lack of a better description.

I can't submerge into anything by Pink Floyd like that.

I bet a huge factor is the production. My good friend Kiev refuses to listen to pre 80s Yes, Rush, etc because he dislikes the production.

PT has been highly influenced by PF, and songs of theirs like Sky Moves Sideways and Voyage 34, I enjoy... I guess that's because what I'm hearing is believable, for a lack of a better description.

I can't submerge into anything by Pink Floyd like that.

Don't blame it on the production. If you don't like it, there's not a problem with that. I don't personally care for Close to the Edge myself, PA's top ranked album.

However, realize that 95% (or more) of people here love PF and you better be ready to defend your viewpoint. :)

Don't blame it on the production. If you don't like it, there's not a problem with that. I don't personally care for Close to the Edge myself, PA's top ranked album.

However, realize that 95% (or more) of people here love PF and you better be ready to defend your viewpoint. :)

When you're making music that's atmospheric, production is crucial.