Accompaniment!

MusicalAbby2112

It worked and I really enjoyed it. It was also nice to see how much they enjoyed rocking out with the band during the moments of the song that they were not playing. Next time if they are not on stage, they will be in the first few rows endlessly rocking.

Not a fan of it. I did love all of the 80's synth era songs, but found the strings kind of out of place. I especially didn't like hearing them during YYZ. No need for them in that rocking song. I guess it was something the guys wanted to do for a change of pace, but it just didn't work for me.

QUOTE (Mills1988 @ Oct 20 2012, 09:17 PM)
Not a fan of it. I did love all of the 80's synth era songs, but found the strings kind of out of place. I especially didn't like hearing them during YYZ. No need for them in that rocking song. I guess it was something the guys wanted to do for a change of pace, but it just didn't work for me.

Not a fan of it either... Quite often, they were too low in the mix, and could barely make it out. That said, it was pretty cool to see them rocking out to the tunes... I'll give them that. A more full orchestrated string section might have sounded better, imho....

For me I think half the songs they really weren't noticeable and probably didn't add alot, which might have been because I was listening to the boys.

However, on at least 3 or 4 songs the strings were appropriate and really complimented the song. The strings on Wreckers and The Garden were a must.

I love the strings! They do a wonderful job of embellishing the material - even the older songs. wub.gif heart.gif

The strings were a wonderful compliment to the new album as well as the other songs. What really impressed me was their contribution to YYZ. That blew me away.... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

It was a genuine thrill just seeing them up on stage, which until now has been sacred ground...... notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

I thought that the strings in YY was a highlight of the show for me, it worked so well...wouldn't want to have them on every tour, but t fits on this tour and it adds a new dimension to a few songs that we have all heard 1000 times before.

Glorious. It gives the CA songs something that wouldn't be there if Geddy used triggers. It makes the classics kick some serious ass by adding another layer of awesome, ESPECIALLY Red Sector A.

I love the strings on

. wub.gif

Did Audrey Solomon (the string player with the dark curly hair with whom some of our fellow TRFs are quite smitten) straighten her hair and dye it blond or has she been replaced? I suspect the former (dye and straighten) and not the latter.

Does someone who has been closer to the stage than I know? unsure.gif

<edit: added my questions>

Edited by CygnusGal