The Spirit of Radio

ThinkingBig

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Sep 12 2012, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE (LedRush @ Sep 12 2012, 08:53 PM)
Aren't we supposed to not put song titles in the thread title?  Spoilers (or false ones) and all.

My bad, if I broke a rule, I apologize.

I know this has been re-hashed to death in the past, but I still don't get how anyone can get upset about accidentally seeing setlist info in a forum meant specifically for people to discuss the current tour. Isn't it kinda like going to the beach, sitting right at the water's edge and expecting not to get splashed?

Just askin'.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love the song and how crazy it makes the crowd I found it an odd choice for it to be the final song. I think 2112 is a much better song for an encore.

"Begin the day with a friendly voice..."

No Geddy, we are ending the show, not starting it.

I say C-YA. I am coming up on my 40th Rush show since 1981 and 39 of them , they played it. I say whatever changes up the set and gets rid of the "Hits' i am all for . Now , if we can get ride of that Tom Sawyer guy and get Jacob to bring his Ladder, we will be ok

I think that I'm gonna have to break the news to my friends before the show on Saturday. They're both relatively casual fans and TSOR and Limelight are, of course, favorites of theirs.

I figure that they will be able to enjoy the show better if they know that they won't be hearing either of those songs beforehand, rather than waiting for them and being disappointed when they aren't played.

I'll be missing TSOR myself, but atleast we'll have 2112! 1022.gif

Edited by Dscrapre

QUOTE (GorillaStrangiato @ Sep 13 2012, 01:01 PM)
So the song was dropped from the Pitt show and everyone assumes it's gone for good this tour?  Did I miss something?

By the way, first post.  Been lurking for awhile and decided to join.  Be at the Chicago show this Saturday! smile.gif

I think you are right. We can't assume it is out for the tour. Since the pattern has already been altered (who knew their was a "C"? some here have even pondered a "D").

I'm actually kind of happy about an unknown pattern. We truly don't know, at least I don't think we know, what the setlist will be from night to night. I feel for the casual fan/non-Rush fan like the one whom I bring to the concerts. The best I can do is try to expose her to the maximum amount of Rush from the known setlists. This will be her fourth show already (two on Time Machine, two now). It puts a little more on me to try and familiarize her with the material, but at least its only a few song variation.

She knew all of the new stuff (because I've played it a few hundred times since June laugh.gif ) but had a hard time with set 1. Knew Tom Sawyer, knew TSOR during the encore.

At least if TSOR is dropped (and I truly hope its not), we got to see it in Manchester.

I think all of the songs will make it on to the DVD/CD. Gee, do you think there will be one? wink.gif I wonder which city (or cities) will make the cut?

2.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

(And thanks for joining in smile.gif bekloppt.gif )

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Sep 13 2012, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 13 2012, 05:05 PM)
At least if TSOR is dropped (and I truly hope its not), we got to see it in Manchester.

Oh, sure. Rub it in why don't you?

wink.gif smile.gif

Hey Rick! rofl3.gif Not meant as a slight - as I'm sure you know. Looking forward to seeing you at The Garden. One of us is going to owe the other $.25. wink.gif

trink39.gif

4 songs should always be in the set: TSOR, Tom Sawyer, YYZ and Limelight. Still gives them 2 and half hours to play whatever they want.

though I do agree Ged was struggling with TSOR during the Time Machine Tour.

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 12 2012, 11:15 PM)
I would INFINITELY rather lose Working Man than TSOR. I've never cared overmuch for the song (though I recognize its importance in launching Rush's career), and I really do not care for the reggae version.

But am I going to whine and sob and turn into Bitter McBitterpants over it? Hardly. Still eagerly awaiting Nov. 1!

goodpost.gif Well said. smile.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 13 2012, 06:27 PM)
I dont like it being dropped. Its +our+ song, classic, good song, hands in the air, a bonding moment for all the fans whether near the beinning or end of the show. +very+ sorry to see it go and would have traded TS or (and especially) working man to listen to it.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 13 2012, 05:18 PM)

wink.gif smile.gif

Hey Rick! rofl3.gif Not meant as a slight - as I'm sure you know. Looking forward to seeing you at The Garden. One of us is going to owe the other $.25. wink.gif

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

Let's hope Spirit is at the Garden as well. And Seven Cities.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Sep 14 2012, 09:02 AM)

wink.gif smile.gif

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

A girl can always hope... heart.gif TSOR and SCOG! My head would explode!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 14 2012, 02:41 PM)

wink.gif smile.gif

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

There were a lot of people loudly singing along with SCOG--very cool to hear that kind of response to a new song. When your head explodes don't worry, it comes back together all by itself. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 14 2012, 02:46 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 14 2012, 02:41 PM)

wink.gif smile.gif

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

There were a lot of people loudly singing along with SCOG--very cool to hear that kind of response to a new song. When your head explodes don't worry, it comes back together all by itself. laugh.gif

Not if its forced to explode by ...SCANNERS!

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Barry @ Sep 16 2012, 07:47 AM)
My ideal set list for Brooklyn show would be the entire set list from the Chicago show with one minor tweak..swap out Bravado for The Pass 1022.gif

No, No. No......Replace Bravado with Middletown Dreams. Then, and only then will it will be perfect!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Sep 16 2012, 10:13 AM)
I am so glad you were wrong, ThinkingBig. laugh.gif That song lit the crowd up.

I wasn't wrong. It was dropped.

They obviously saw my post with all the great L.A. memories of TSOR and decided to throw me bone. tongue.gif cool.gif