Last Tour

crazygeo

At this point, you live one day at a time and take nothing for granted, that's why I see as many shows that I can.

As to their future, I predict that they will take a break after the European dates next year and then come out again in 2014 to support their 40th Anniversary.

Geddy has been hinting about releasing a CD of all their instrumentals and like "Feedback", I could see them releasing that instrumental CD to celebrate their 40th anniversary. Perhaps even with one or two new instrumentals which may have already been recorded during the Clockwork Angels sessions. (I find it odd that CA had no instrumentals )

Since the average break between full albums is now 5 years, I really think the 40th anniversary tour may be the finale. It's hard to imagine them gearing up again with a new album/tour in 2017.

Edited by MSG C5

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Sep 12 2012, 07:37 PM)
I predict an R40 tour in 2014...

I double that prediction! Not only do I feel they will have an R40 Tour but I think they'll release two additional songs for it. Now past R40 is anyones guess.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Hasn't Neil trumpeted the fact that they now work to a different clock? Geddy has said that this album is as close to what they have ever set out for an album to be. I think it might be hard to walk away from all that just when they are nailing stuff. bacon.gif

There are like 8 separate interviews as of late where each of them talk about enjoying what they're doing and wanting to keep doing it while they're still able to. Clearly they haven't roadmapped 2014 and beyond -and who knows how they'll feel a year from now after ~90 shows on this tour - but obviously they have no plans to hang it up at this point. No way to distill anything more specific than that until we get to late 2013 when the Clockwork Angels tour is a memory, they're well rested, and it comes time for them to start thinking about getting together again for the next project.

I agree with some. It's easy to assume but very hard to nail down what will happen. It's very reasonable to think that they will retire promptly after R40 but, then again, this is Rush we're talking about and they've have spent an entire career together being anything but predictable.

I think they will do the iron maiden rout, play this album tour, do europe and maybe asia, then anounce another greatest hits tour like TMT, iron maiden has been doing this the last 6 years, 4 tours ,2 greatest hits tours, playing there old live albums, and doing 2 tours to support their new albums.The money is in playing the greatest hits tour, rush playing TMT was a great success .

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 13 2012, 08:01 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Sep 13 2012, 08:49 PM)
I predict an EP and another tour.

I said the same thing in another thread but was talked over by all the folks slobbering over the possibility of R40.

I agree with what you said earlier. Doing this tour that will bleed into 2013, then to saddle up and do another tour in 2014-15, is way too much at their age; plus it saturates the allure of them being tour to begin with.

QUOTE (crazygeo @ Sep 12 2012, 08:11 PM)
Will this be 2.gif last big tour?
Will there be a follow up to CA? within 5 years?
Has the band ever discussed their future?
Maybe one more time around?

This isn't the Rolling Stones...on and on and on

Discuss?

Will this be  2.gif  last big tour?

How the f**k should we know?

How the f**k should we know? the f**k?

Are you f***ing serious?

Maybe one more time around?

Maybe 5 more times around. What the f**k?

This isn't the Rolling Stones...on and on and on

Oh for f**k's sake!

Discuss?

This thread f***ing blows. This same thread gets made 100 times every time Rush tours. People were flipping out and thinking that the FIRST LEG of the S&A tour was Rush's last tour because of the "TY&7GN" printed on the inside of the tour t-shirts.

So let's discuss why you wanted to make this particular thread. Was it because you wanted to feel like you were the first one to call it, that this is the end for Rush? Too late. This thread has already been made for this album and this tour.

But I tell you what...You keep making this thread every time they announce a new tour or new album, and eventually you will be right.

eyesre4.gif

I hope they continue to tour as long as they are still producing new material. I can not stand it when bands like the stones kiss and journey (not that they are not good) continue to tour on only their old material with nothing new to offer.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 13 2012, 09:24 AM)
My wager is that there are two tours left after this one...

*R40

*Farewell Tour

...yet, another reason I don't care what they play. I'm just enjoying every opportunity I have to see them live.

I agree, I think they'll release two more songs like (Caravan/ BU2B) singals prior to the R40 and then release one final album called "Blackjack" for their Farewell to Fans tour.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

*R40

*Farewell Tour

...yet, another reason I don't care what they play. I'm just enjoying every opportunity I have to see them live.

why is everyone predicting their demise, shut the f**k up and quit doubting them!

This is like me saying I think my mother has two maybe three birthdays left. I think people doubt them way to much, they love what they are doing, why the f**k would they stop.

*R40

*Farewell Tour

Yes, the end is definitely near if setlist failures continue like this

Edited by GeminiRising79

It's a really hard one to predict, especially as they won't even know.

Alex is proably the one who could go on for longest from a physical point of view.

Geddy's voice can't carry on for ever, and neither can the 3 hour physical work out keep going for Neil.

Only my opinion but i think they'll do an R40 tour in 2014.

A final Album in 2015.

A final tour in 2015-2016.

I hope not, but that's how I can see it panning out, and that's why I want to do all I can to see them in London next May....even if the tickets are very expensive...because you never know it might even be the last time! sad.gif

Are you guys kidding? R40 is a myth. It's not happening.

Not only are they touring Europe next year but they're definitely going for a second leg in the States. Exhaustion will set in by the end of next year. I predict 2014 will be a break year for the boys. Maybe they'll work on an album during this time though and put it out early 2015 and start touring in support of that. yes.gif