BU2B is now my least favorite track.

D3strukt

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Sep 11 2012, 09:55 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 11 2012, 08:35 AM)
We've already seen it live, no need for it again.

I'm pretty sure you just discounted like 95% of the tour there.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 11 2012, 02:37 AM)
All it has going for it is "heavy, heavy, heavy." That's it. It's simple.

FFS when I read stuff like this I really wonder if people know how to use their ears. It also happens to have an insanely catchy and strong melodic hook that works just as well with all its heaviness stripped away (as in its part 2). The lyrics add a lot to it also. Thankfully most of the comments here recognize these strengths.

• Like 1

I love BU2B, but didn't miss it from the tour. Got to hear it live with Time Machine. Since we had also heard Caravan, I wouldn't mind if they had left that one out too to make room for another song from some other album. But being the lead track, I can see why they left it in.

Well I like BU2B too. But there seems to be a lot of dislike for WTW, which is a real shame as something about that song clicks with me musically. Sometimes the tune gets stuck in my head and I can't shake it off (which is no bad thing of course) probably more than any other song on CA.
  • Like 1

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Sep 14 2012, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 11 2012, 02:37 AM)
All it has going for it is "heavy, heavy, heavy." That's it. It's simple.

FFS when I read stuff like this I really wonder if people know how to use their ears. It also happens to have an insanely catchy and strong melodic hook that works just as well with all its heaviness stripped away (as in its part 2). The lyrics add a lot to it also. Thankfully most of the comments here recognize these strengths.

laugh.gif Calm down, but I fully agree! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 11 2012, 02:12 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 11 2012, 12:37 AM)
Despite the new acoustic opening, it's just not cutting it anymore. To me, it gets boring real fast. All it has going for it is "heavy, heavy, heavy." That's it. It's simple.

Just had to get that off my chest. So glad they cut it from the tour this time.

trink39.gif

Not only that, but Ged's melodies are boring and I find the sarcasm throughout the entire song very off putting. I still do enjoy the bridge.

But yes, this is one of the 3 terrible songs on CA and I'm glad they're not playing it.

Pardon me but both of these opinions SUCK.

• Like 1

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Sep 14 2012, 06:37 PM)
Despite the new acoustic opening, it's just not cutting it anymore. To me, it gets boring real fast. All it has going for it is "heavy, heavy, heavy." That's it. It's simple.

trink39.gif

Not only that, but Ged's melodies are boring and I find the sarcasm throughout the entire song very off putting. I still do enjoy the bridge.

But yes, this is one of the 3 terrible songs on CA and I'm glad they're not playing it.

laugh.gif applaudit.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (av450 @ Sep 14 2012, 04:38 PM)
It's just really simple. I think that's why I find it boring. Also, I don't understand the connection to GUP at all.

I'm also not hearing anything reminiscent of GUP in this song. unsure.gif

It just plods along and never seems to go anywhere. One of the few bad songs on the album.

trink39.gif

Too bad your opinion of my opinion isn't valid to me, at all. Enjoy BU2B though. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 14 2012, 10:00 PM)

trink39.gif

Too bad your opinion of my opinion isn't valid to me, at all. Enjoy BU2B though. rofl3.gif

Too bad your opinion isn't valid to 97% of this forum. moon.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 14 2012, 10:01 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 14 2012, 10:00 PM)

trink39.gif

Too bad your opinion isn't valid to 97% of this forum. moon.gif

I'm perfectly fine with that. tongue.gif 653.gif

Yeah, it's about my third least favorite, The Accoustic intro and the Bridge are great, but the rest is kind of meh compared to the rest of the album