Zep

MCM

A few months ago I saw a "rumor" on Twitter about some Zep news coming up... Blabbermouth (take it for what it's worth) now has up that the 2007 O2 show is going to be released on DVD..

Merry Christmas Jimmy, maybe this is what he's been doing since '07.

http://static.nme.com/images/gallery/ledzep5.jpg

This was posted on the official Led Zep Facebook page yesterday, with no explanation.

As you say, many think it relates to the 5th anniversary of the O2 gig, and they'll release it, but other theories include a tour (5 years since their last live performance) or even a Led Zeppelin V studio album.

Time will tell, sounds promising though!

Someone please tell the people in charge of this release that it's Not 1975 anymore. No "Magic" or "Spellbinding" effect's with Zep works anymore so just release the f-n info and get on with it. Peter Grant is turning over in his grave

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 10 2012, 09:04 AM)
Someone please tell the people in charge of this release that it's Not 1975 anymore. No "Magic" or "Spellbinding" effect's with Zep works anymore so just release the f-n info and get on with it. Peter Grant is turning over in his grave

No, Peter is lining up some thugs with lead pipes to beat the crap out of someone.

Great manager, nasty POS human being.

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Sep 10 2012, 04:03 PM)
My guess: The O2 show gets released officially. I have heard nothing that makes me think Robert is willing to do a full blown Zep tour. If anyone has any contrary info PLEASE post a link.

I have a pretty good sounding boot of this show, but would, most certainly, welcome an official release.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GritAB6GzNE/TEcWdC0qe4I/AAAAAAAAApE/Pjs-Cbws2dk/s1600/(Bootleg)+Led+Zeppelin+-+Live+at+O2+Arena,+London,+10+December+2007.jpg

My guess: The O2 show gets released officially. I have heard nothing that makes me think Robert is willing to do a full blown Zep tour. If anyone has any contrary info PLEASE post a link.

I really doubt any kind of shows are happening. Unless Plant was purposely blowing smoke to make people think otherwise and then have it really surprise people later. But I really doubt that's the case lol.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 10 2012, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 10 2012, 05:46 PM)
It would be so cool if was an announcement of them playing MSG in NYC like what was rumoured earlier this year.

They would have to book 20 nights!

The rumour was a three night stand, although I'm sure they'd sell out 20 nights in a flash.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 11 2012, 10:01 AM)

I have a pretty good sounding boot of this show, but would, most certainly, welcome an official release.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GritAB6GzNE/TEcWdC0qe4I/AAAAAAAAApE/Pjs-Cbws2dk/s1600/(Bootleg)+Led+Zeppelin+-+Live+at+O2+Arena,+London,+10+December+2007.jpg

I've got the visual boot of it. Welcome the official of course.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 10 2012, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 11 2012, 10:01 AM)

I've got the visual boot of it. Welcome the official of course.

Ditto. I've got the Katz Eye and the Four Eyes. Would love an official blu-ray.

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ Sep 10 2012, 12:37 PM)
As expected, this was posted earlier today:
http://allfacebook.com/files/2012/09/LedZeppelinIII.jpg

Within the last 30 minutes, this was posted:
http://youtu.be/jXIU4nW-ZUc

Looks like live stuff, either dates or a DVD. Probably the latter though.

If it's a DVD, I frankly have no interest in it. If they release a CD of the O2 show, I'd have to hear some of it first. Live albums of bands past their prime can be disappointing.

I bought Dio Sabbath's Live at Radio City Music Hall and Neon Nights. I never listen to either these days.

Ah, it's getting a cinema release first. Cool!

From Cineworld.

Release date: 17 October 2007(love the typo!!!!)

Running time: 124 mins

Director: Dick Carruthers

Starring: Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, Jason Bonham

At last - a chance to enjoy the most over-subscribed gig ever in glorious high definition and surround sound!

It was the show fans thought they'd never see. Arguably the greatest rock band of all time, Led Zeppelin called it a day after the tragic death of their drummer, John Bonham, back in 1980. Nothing could persuade them to get back together again until 2007. As a tribute to Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun, vocalist Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones reunited for a one-off show at London's O2 arena on December 10. They were joined by Bonham's son, Jason - himself a renowned drummer. More than 20 million people applied for just 18,000 tickets, setting a world record. And until now, only those 18,000 experienced this gig of a lifetime, featuring 16 classic songs. Directed by long-time Led Zep collaborator Dick Carruthers, 'Celebration Day' captures every moment of the incredible event in stunning HD.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 10 2012, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 10 2012, 05:46 PM)
It would be so cool if was an announcement of them playing MSG in NYC like what was rumoured earlier this year.

They would have to book 20 nights!

My head would explode if this ever happened.