Breaking News: Spoiler Alert

I am hoping and praying for The Anarchist. I love that tune so much.

Edited to add this : I would understand Nobody's Hero for their friend. LAst tour when they went in to Time Stand Still I gave a sigh but then when I actually heard it again, and this may be because I am getting a bit long in tooth, it hit me on a pretty deep level, and I ended up thoroughly enjoying it. May be just me.

Edited by PocketfullofSilver

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 6 2012, 10:09 PM)
I think Jacob's Ladder would sound bad-ass with a string section.

1287.gif

I agree, specially in the break! "All at once the clouds are parted, light streaks down in bright unbroken beams!"

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 6 2012, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 6 2012, 10:09 PM)
I think Jacob's Ladder would sound bad-ass with a string section.

1287.gif

I agree, specially in the break! "All at once the clouds are parted, light streaks down in bright unbroken beams!"

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I think they would sound great throughout. All those staccato notes in the beginning, and then the arpeggios after the break. There is great opportunity for arrangement there.

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Sep 6 2012, 11:39 AM)
Other songs that have been part of the rehearsals with strings outside of the CA songs include Losing It, Second Nature, Spirit of Radio, 2112, and Animate.

TSoR with strings? I love the idea of everything else on this list, but I'm a little skeptical about this...

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 6 2012, 10:39 PM)
Other songs that have been part of the rehearsals with strings outside of the CA songs include Losing It, Second Nature, Spirit of Radio, 2112, and Animate.

TSoR with strings? I love the idea of everything else on this list, but I'm a little skeptical about this...

It will be fine. I'm sure it will be minimal. I'm guessing they'l play the stacatto part that Neil usually plays on the Electric Xylophone and the little string line during the chorus that is triggered with peddles. Don't worry it will sound great.

yes.gif

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 6 2012, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 6 2012, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 6 2012, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 6 2012, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 6 2012, 08:10 PM)
Nobody's Hero and Second Nature both have cringe worthy lyrics. "I knew he was different in his sexuality" makes me a little sick when I hear it.

I don't like Second Nature either. "Folks are basically decent"

We'll see. It's still freakin' Rush and Clockwork Angels will be the epic part of the concert for me

I feel like that's a bit tasteless IMO.. but that's just my opinion.

Not trying to start a fight, but what is tasteless, and why?

confused13.gif

The sick reference to the Nobody's Hero.. just came off a little tasteless to me.

Gotcha.

My wording implied it makes me sick because it's a reference to a gay person (a friend of Neil's). My wording was tasteless

Just saying the opening line of Nobody's Hero is not one of my favorites. Sorry...

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 6 2012, 11:12 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 6 2012, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 6 2012, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 6 2012, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 6 2012, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 6 2012, 08:10 PM)
Nobody's Hero and Second Nature both have cringe worthy lyrics. "I knew he was different in his sexuality" makes me a little sick when I hear it.

I don't like Second Nature either. "Folks are basically decent"

We'll see. It's still freakin' Rush and Clockwork Angels will be the epic part of the concert for me

I feel like that's a bit tasteless IMO.. but that's just my opinion.

Not trying to start a fight, but what is tasteless, and why?

confused13.gif

The sick reference to the Nobody's Hero.. just came off a little tasteless to me.

Gotcha.

My wording implied it makes me sick because it's a reference to a gay person (a friend of Neil's). My wording was tasteless

Just saying the opening line of Nobody's Hero is not one of my favorites. Sorry...

It's all good. hug2.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 6 2012, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (dtpoet @ Sep 6 2012, 01:56 PM)
I can see Nobody's Hero for Andrew. 

goodpost.gif

A very thoughtful and fitting tribute to Andrew.

R.I.P. Andrew...I know you are with all of us in spirit. rose.gif

I'd rather hear Afterimage. It is a significantly better song.

QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Sep 6 2012, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Sep 6 2012, 05:53 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 6 2012, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 6 2012, 05:42 PM)
Just found this...

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Sep 6 2012, 12:39 PM)
If they stick to the rumored 3 hours and 10 mins of music they have planned then there is plenty of time for this.

Intro
Prelude - Hemispheres
The Big Money
Limelight
Subdivisions
The Pass
Time Stand Still
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold

Intermission

The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Manhattan Project
Marathon
Nobody's Hero

Where's My Thing?
Drum Solo
Alex Solo
The Trees
Xanadu
Jacobs Ladder

Encore

Malignant Narcissism
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale

Anyone else think it's just a little bit of a coincidence that farcryoverspilledmilk happened to guess four of the songs from the supposed "confirmed" songs list in his setlist prediction from a couple days ago? They all follow each other too...

Guessing TSoR or TS isn't anything unusual but the fact that he guessed four of the seven songs he happened to learn were on the setlist does raise some questions over the validity of this thread.

nice work. that confirms it's a hoax. end of thread. biggrin.gif

Well we'll know tomarrow night if it's a hoax.

That setlist is fiction.

I'm kinda glad it's fiction. The thought of Nobody's Hero and Second Nature almost makes me upset. There's sooo many better songs they could play unsure.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 7 2012, 01:32 AM)
Just found this...

If they stick to the rumored 3 hours and 10 mins of music they have planned then there is plenty of time for this.

Intro
Prelude - Hemispheres
The Big Money
Limelight
Subdivisions
The Pass
Time Stand Still
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold

Intermission

The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Manhattan Project
Marathon
Nobody's Hero

Where's My Thing?
Drum Solo
Alex Solo
The Trees
Xanadu
Jacobs Ladder

Encore

Malignant Narcissism
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer

Anyone else think it's just a little bit of a coincidence that farcryoverspilledmilk happened to guess four of the songs from the supposed "confirmed" songs list in his setlist prediction from a couple days ago? They all follow each other too...

Guessing TSoR or TS isn't anything unusual but the fact that he guessed four of the seven songs he happened to learn were on the setlist does raise some questions over the validity of this thread.

That setlist is fiction.

I'm kinda glad it's fiction. The thought of Nobody's Hero and Second Nature almost makes me upset. There's sooo many better songs they could play unsure.gif

Holy Crap! Jacob's Ladder IS in that set list!!! Why aren't people going bonkers over that possibility? Instead, everyone wants to piss and moan about Nobody's Hero, Second Nature, Losing It, Marathon, or the Manhattan Project. Or they are jumping for joy over them.

But Jacob's Ladder? Come on! That is something to be excited for!

I'll take that set list as is if it really includes Jacob's Ladder.

rantoff.gif

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 7 2012, 12:41 AM)
Just found this...

Intro
Prelude - Hemispheres
The Big Money
Limelight
Subdivisions
The Pass
Time Stand Still
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold

Intermission

The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Manhattan Project
Marathon
Nobody's Hero

Where's My Thing?
Drum Solo
Alex Solo
The Trees
Xanadu
Jacobs Ladder

Encore

Malignant Narcissism
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer

That setlist is fiction.

Holy Crap! Jacob's Ladder IS in that set list!!! Why aren't people going bonkers over that possibility? Instead, everyone wants to piss and moan about Nobody's Hero, Second Nature, Losing It, Marathon, or the Manhattan Project. Or they are jumping for joy over them.

rantoff.gif

Hold your horses, that setlist is from a post in another thread from a few days ago. All I'm trying to point out is that it's pretty peculiar that farcryoverspilledmilk would PREDICT that Losing It, Marathon, Manhattan Project, Nobody's Hero would be on the setlist only to learn that they really ARE on it a couple days later. It's also too much of a coincidence that in his setlist prediction they're played consecutively. Whatever the case, if Jacob's Ladder was in the setlist dontcha think it would have been mentioned in the original post?

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 7 2012, 02:47 AM)
Just found this...

Intro
Prelude - Hemispheres
The Big Money
Limelight
Subdivisions
The Pass
Time Stand Still
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold

Intermission

The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Manhattan Project
Marathon
Nobody's Hero

Where's My Thing?
Drum Solo
Alex Solo
The Trees
Xanadu
Jacobs Ladder

Encore

Malignant Narcissism
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer

That setlist is fiction.

rantoff.gif

Hold your horses, that setlist is from a post in another thread from a few days ago. All I'm trying to point out is that it's pretty peculiar that farcryoverspilledmilk would PREDICT that Losing It, Marathon, Manhattan Project, Nobody's Hero would be on the setlist only to learn that they really ARE on it a couple days later. It's also too much of a coincidence that in his setlist prediction they're played consecutively. Whatever the case, if Jacob's Ladder was in the setlist dontcha think it would have been mentioned in the original post?

Oh I know it's a bullshit set list. But it has Jacob's Ladder!

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 7 2012, 01:52 AM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 7 2012, 02:47 AM)
Just found this...

Intro
Prelude - Hemispheres
The Big Money
Limelight
Subdivisions
The Pass
Time Stand Still
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold

Intermission

The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Manhattan Project
Marathon
Nobody's Hero

Where's My Thing?
Drum Solo
Alex Solo
The Trees
Xanadu
Jacobs Ladder

Encore

Malignant Narcissism
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer

That setlist is fiction.

rantoff.gif

Oh I know it's a bullshit set list. But it has Jacob's Ladder!

I KNOW. fists crying.gif

The funny thing is there has been a whole album of RUSH songs done with strings including SOTR.

Its not half bad of you ask me.

QUOTE (delrancho223 @ Sep 7 2012, 03:51 AM)

The funny thing is there has been a whole album of RUSH songs done with strings including SOTR.

Its not half bad of you ask me.

SOTR? huh.gif

You must mean TSOR. yes.gif

I think this thread is Bullshit.

The great thing is.......tonight we get the real mccoy!

12 hours until the show starts, no real leaks. I have never been to opening night before and because of the internet, I always had an idea of the set list before a show. I guess I will go into this one no real expectations other than a bunch of CA. As far as I am concerned, the more of CA the better. The rest will be great no matter what.

Anybody else going to Manchester tonight, have a great time! I know Rush will make it a great show.

QUOTE (hermy @ Sep 7 2012, 08:24 AM)
Neil's trailer is open. Must be off on a morning ride.

Beautiful day here in Manchester!

trink39.gif