Breaking News: Spoiler Alert

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Sep 6 2012, 12:39 PM)
Just had breakfast with a journalist for the Union Leader Newspaper and a fellow Rush fan. Here is what was relayed to me with regards to the set list.

The band has made the decision to rehearse the entire record and leave the options open this round to drop 2 and put 2 songs in. The complete record will not be performed on a nightly basis.

Manhattan Project, Marathon, and Nobody's Hero are in the set. Other songs that have been part of the rehearsals with strings outside of the CA songs include Losing It, Second Nature, Spirit of Radio, 2112, and Animate.

If true, while Manhattan Project is cool and will be very nice with the string section, I would have preferred to hear Middletown Dreams instead. Nobody's Hero I'm all for. Love that song. The only song I'm not too keen on being played is Second Nature. Sure, it may be arranged very nice with the strings, but I dunno. I never cared for that song.

Strings on 2112, Spirit of Radio, and Animate?! That sounds awesome. 2112 is going to sound even more epic.

I'm going to sit back and see if this info is accurate.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Sep 6 2012, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Sep 6 2012, 11:59 AM)
The band has made the decision to rehearse the entire record and leave the options open this round to drop 2 and put 2 songs in. The complete record will not be performed on a nightly basis.

Hmmm, I think your friend might have misunderstood his source. Changing things up nightly, every other night, or anything other than mid-tour break, would be rather out of character. Don't ya think? But I guess a journalist for the Union Leader Newspaper and a fellow Rush fan of OP's would know...

Agreed.

Swapping out new material does not make much sense to me.

Used to be done in the past and was done on the VT tour with Ghost Rider, Ceiling Unlimited, The Trees, Freewill, Between Sun and Moon, and Vital Signs.

QUOTE (shail @ Sep 6 2012, 04:47 PM)
This guy is pulling everyone's chains. They are not playing loosing it or anything off power windows or HYF. The crap people post.

I'd say Losing It is very likely actually. Starting to think this might be a troll thread to get us riled up before the actual setlist tomorrow though... huh.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 6 2012, 04:51 PM)
QUOTE (shail @ Sep 6 2012, 04:47 PM)
This guy is pulling everyone's chains. They are not playing loosing it or anything off power windows or HYF. The crap people post.

I'd say Losing It is very likely actually. Starting to think this might be a troll thread to get us riled up before the actual setlist tomorrow though... huh.gif

if it is a troll thread it's a damn good one. unsure.gif i hope it's a troll thread.

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Sep 6 2012, 05:02 PM)
I love Animate, and like Nobody's Hero well enough. But with such a vast catalog, I'd prefer to not have two songs from Counterparts.

Someone please relay this to the band so they can tailor the setlist to my specific desires. tongue.gif

I agree about Counterparts BUT at least they aren't playing Stick It Out AND Leave That Thing Alone for the godziilianth time!

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Sep 6 2012, 04:11 PM)
I don't understand why some people are making a huge fuss of them playing 2 or 3 songs they don't like.. unsure.gif I'm sure a huge chunk of the show will involve songs you enjoy.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Sep 6 2012, 03:11 PM)
I don't understand why some people are making a huge fuss of them playing 2 or 3 songs they don't like.. unsure.gif I'm sure a huge chunk of the show will involve songs you enjoy.

This is true... Until it gets to the point where 2-3 becomes 5-6 eh.gif

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 6 2012, 01:24 PM)
I for one really hope this is a chain pulling exercise. sad.gif With the exception of Losing It, the choice of 'extras' bums me out a little if true.

Agreed.

This doesn't jive logically or with the info we have heard so far.

QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Sep 6 2012, 05:11 PM)

That number after the $ on our ticket... that's why.

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Sep 6 2012, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (ShlappinDahBass @ Sep 6 2012, 05:11 PM)
I don't understand why some people are making a huge fuss of them playing 2 or 3 songs they don't like..  unsure.gif I'm sure a huge chunk of the show will involve songs you enjoy.

That number after the $ on our ticket... that's why.

Well, having over 20 pretty different sounding albums...it'd be hard to please everyone. wink.gif

I wish the song Second Nature never existed. It's one of the worst songs on arguably one of their worst CD's. Nobody's Hero ? Nobody cares.

All the other tunes listed ? yes.gif please.

How's that for a diverse fan base ? It's beyond me on how many people love HYF. That's what makes this band so great I suppose. Pretty genius on their part actually.

This band has been together so long and has been so successful that fans can actually argue as to what decade of music they prefer. If that's not enough, they can argue what genre of music is best to them. Hard rock to synth period to progressive, etc.

Cool stuff.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Sep 6 2012, 02:32 PM)
I just hope they play Tom Sawyer and Spirit of Radio, I never heard them before and this will be my 13th tour.

Good news......they are playing the two you mentioned.......... plus LIMELIGHT! common001.gif

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ Sep 6 2012, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (rocketom @ Sep 6 2012, 02:32 PM)
I just hope they play Tom Sawyer and Spirit of Radio, I never heard them before and this will be my 13th tour.

Good news......they are playing the two you mentioned.......... plus LIMELIGHT! common001.gif

I heard Working Man might make a comeback! common001.gif cheer.gif common001.gif

Just found this...

If they stick to the rumored 3 hours and 10 mins of music they have planned then there is plenty of time for this.

Intro
Prelude - Hemispheres
The Big Money
Limelight
Subdivisions
The Pass
Time Stand Still
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold

Intermission

The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Manhattan Project
Marathon
Nobody's Hero

Where's My Thing?
Drum Solo
Alex Solo
The Trees
Xanadu
Jacobs Ladder

Encore

Malignant Narcissism
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale

Anyone else think it's just a little bit of a coincidence that farcryoverspilledmilk happened to guess four of the songs from the supposed "confirmed" songs list in his setlist prediction from a couple days ago? They all follow each other too...

Guessing TSoR or TS isn't anything unusual but the fact that he guessed HALF of songs he just happened to learn were on the setlist TODAY does raise some questions over the validity of this thread.

Edited by Alchemical