Breaking News: Spoiler Alert

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 6 2012, 08:10 PM)
Nobody's Hero and Second Nature both have cringe worthy lyrics. "I knew he was different in his sexuality" makes me a little sick when I hear it.

I don't like Second Nature either. "Folks are basically decent"

We'll see. It's still freakin' Rush and Clockwork Angels will be the epic part of the concert for me

I feel like that's a bit tasteless IMO.. but that's just my opinion.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 6 2012, 09:38 PM)
Nobody's Hero and Second Nature both have cringe worthy lyrics. "I knew he was different in his sexuality" makes me a little sick when I hear it.

We'll see. It's still freakin' Rush and Clockwork Angels will be the epic part of the concert for me

Not trying to start a fight, but what is tasteless, and why?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 6 2012, 08:40 PM)

confused13.gif

The sick reference to the Nobody's Hero.. just came off a little tasteless to me.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 6 2012, 09:45 PM)

confused13.gif

The sick reference to the Nobody's Hero.. just came off a little tasteless to me.

Gotcha.

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 6 2012, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 6 2012, 09:45 PM)

confused13.gif

Gotcha.

biggrin.gif all is well, life is good. cool.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 6 2012, 08:45 PM)

confused13.gif

Sheldon, do you not see you used the words "sick" and "homosexuality" together in a sentence? For shame. It's bad enough that the sing-songy lyrics are terrible.

I would say that the reason I don't care for Nobody's Hero is the Howie Day-esque acoustic guitar strumming. I don't mind when Howie Day does it, but not Rush. It was a very un-Rushlike song and I did not care for it from the first time I heard it. I would welcome almost anything else off of CP in it's place.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 6 2012, 08:12 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 6 2012, 08:08 PM)
"Nobody's Hero", no thank you. If this is true, they picked one of the few songs I definitely don't want to hear.

It has strings, that's why they picked it!

yes.gif

Does it say strings on the album notes?

QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ Sep 6 2012, 08:59 PM)
"Nobody's Hero", no thank you. If this is true, they picked one of the few songs I definitely don't want to hear.

yes.gif

I don't know off hand, but it's pretty obvious when you listen to the song there's strings in it.

yes.gif

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/main/CPlyrics.htm

"Orchestration on "Nobody's Hero" arranged and conducted by Michael Kamen"

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Sep 6 2012, 12:39 PM)
Just had breakfast with a journalist for the Union Leader Newspaper and a fellow Rush fan. Here is what was relayed to me with regards to the set list.

The band has made the decision to rehearse the entire record and leave the options open this round to drop 2 and put 2 songs in. The complete record will not be performed on a nightly basis.

Manhattan Project, Marathon, and Nobody's Hero are in the set. Other songs that have been part of the rehearsals with strings outside of the CA songs include Losing It, Second Nature, Spirit of Radio, 2112, and Animate.

OMG. So excited, I've always wanted to hear Losing It Live!!! I also love the Manhattan Project, Nobody's Hero (I bet they are playing it for Andrew) and Second Nature should be interesting as well. I am very excited, it sounds like we are in for a real treat!!

yes.gif

String samples, more likely. Triggered through the Korg Pedals etc...

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 6 2012, 07:20 PM)

Its a decent song, (I'd prefer "Cut to the Chase") but it will be better with Strings.

yes.gif

Who knows? We don't know yet. I'd be happy with either Nobody's Hero or Cut To The Chase. 1022.gif

QUOTE (vancraig @ Sep 6 2012, 07:50 PM)
Im going to guess this tour has a focus on signals.....30 year anniversary and Strings hMM recipe for 2 tracks for sure! trink38.gif

They better bring back The Analog Kid if they're going to make it Signals worthy! ph34r.gif

QUOTE (default236 @ Sep 6 2012, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 6 2012, 07:20 PM)

Its a decent song, (I'd prefer "Cut to the Chase") but it will be better with Strings.

yes.gif

Who knows? We don't know yet. I'd be happy with either Nobody's Hero or Cut To The Chase. 1022.gif

based on your avatar being Lerxst from CP, i assume you'd be happy with any song on CP. laugh.gif

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Sep 6 2012, 05:53 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 6 2012, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 6 2012, 05:42 PM)
Just found this...

If they stick to the rumored 3 hours and 10 mins of music they have planned then there is plenty of time for this.

Intro
Prelude - Hemispheres
The Big Money
Limelight
Subdivisions
The Pass
Time Stand Still
Caravan
BU2B
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Halo Effect
Seven Cities of Gold

Intermission

The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
BU2B2
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Losing It
Manhattan Project
Marathon
Nobody's Hero

Where's My Thing?
Drum Solo
Alex Solo
The Trees
Xanadu
Jacobs Ladder

Encore

Malignant Narcissism
The Spirit of Radio
Tom Sawyer
2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale

Anyone else think it's just a little bit of a coincidence that farcryoverspilledmilk happened to guess four of the songs from the supposed "confirmed" songs list in his setlist prediction from a couple days ago? They all follow each other too...

Guessing TSoR or TS isn't anything unusual but the fact that he guessed four of the seven songs he happened to learn were on the setlist does raise some questions over the validity of this thread.

nice work. that confirms it's a hoax. end of thread. biggrin.gif

Well we'll know tomarrow night if it's a hoax.

That setlist is fiction.

QUOTE (smsterner94 @ Sep 6 2012, 09:18 PM)
Just had breakfast with a journalist for the Union Leader Newspaper and a fellow Rush fan. Here is what was relayed to me with regards to the set list.

The band has made the decision to rehearse the entire record and leave the options open this round to drop 2 and put 2 songs in. The complete record will not be performed on a nightly basis.

Manhattan Project, Marathon, and Nobody's Hero are in the set. Other songs that have been part of the rehearsals with strings outside of the CA songs include Losing It, Second Nature, Spirit of Radio, 2112, and Animate.

OMG. So excited, I've always wanted to hear Losing It Live!!! I also love the Manhattan Project, Nobody's Hero (I bet they are playing it for Andrew) and Second Nature should be interesting as well. I am very excited, it sounds like we are in for a real treat!!

Don't get too excited yet. These are all rumors and nothing has been confirmed yet.

likeclockwork - the setlist presented wasn't a presented as a factual setlist. It was a prediction by the OP made days ago in another thread. Others have used it to debunk the OP as a fraud Edited by dtpoet

QUOTE (dtpoet @ Sep 6 2012, 09:41 PM)
likeclockwork - the setlist presented wasn't a presented as a factual setlist. It was a prediction by the OP made days ago in another thread. Others have used it to debunk the OP as a fraud

My bad. I was reading quickly and just responding to the comment that we'll know Friday. Thought it was in relation to the posted setlist and if that setlist is a hoax. It is.

yes.gif

You don't need liner notes if you have ears. Its obvious! Besides they are probably playing this for Andrew anyway.

yes.gif rose.gif yes.gif

Edited by losingit2k