Did anyone else notice the time on the clock?

yyz311

Sorry if this has been discussed before (I made a cursory glance at previous posts).

I was staring at the album cover yesterday and the time on the clock is 9:12 - or in military time, 21:12.

Pretty clever.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (yyz311 @ Jul 26 2012, 04:20 PM)
Sorry if this has been discussed before (I made a cursory glance at previous posts).

I was staring at the album cover yesterday and the time on the clock is 9:12 - or in military time, 21:12.

Pretty clever.

Not again...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/disgusted.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jul 26 2012, 04:34 PM)
Holy f**k, check the News!!!

Michael Jackson is dead!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/g600616996.gif

QUOTE (yyz311 @ Jul 26 2012, 04:20 PM)

Pretty clever.

It's not what you think it is. It is not 9:12 (21:12)

Use the symbols in the liner notes song numbers to determine the translation of symbols to numbers. You'll see that in a clockwork universe "1" is at the top of the clock, not "12" like our timeline. Technically, the time is 10:17-ish (22:17 for you military types and mainframers) on the cover of CA.

An illusion by Rush. I think it means this album is not what we think it is. I believe it is an extremely deep satire - just like Candide, imo.

Deep. Very, very deep.

smile.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 26 2012, 04:10 PM)
What's REALLY cool is that there's a guy waving in the background of the Permanent Waves cover. Anyone notice this? Who IS that guy? confused13.gif

I heard it was John Rutsey.

I like Beer !

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 26 2012, 04:10 PM)
What's REALLY cool is that there's a guy waving in the background of the Permanent Waves cover. Anyone notice this? Who IS that guy? confused13.gif

What about the signs that say Lee, Peart, Lifeson?

Despite all previous depth and breadth of coverage, I have yet to read anyone else's interpretation that the clock should be read as twelve minutes past BU2B2.

Interpret at will...

cool.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 27 2012, 01:01 AM)
Can anyone name the ONLY official Rush album to feature all 3 members on the cover?

Front cover only?

PeW has Lee, Lifeson. Peart on the front cover

QUOTE (spock @ Jul 26 2012, 07:09 PM)
Despite all previous depth and breadth of coverage, I have yet to read anyone else's interpretation that the clock should be read as twelve minutes past BU2B2.

Interpret at will...

cool.gif

An interesting hypothesis, spock.

Watchmaker keeps the time. Anarchist on the cover. Hands set to after BU2B2. I hadn't considered that aspect. Interesting.

Further reinforcement of that this is not 21:12 (9:12), but an illusion of it. Looks like a reflection of a tale of rebellion against an authoritarian power when in reality it is a scathing satire (the subject of which I think I have a bead on) and, ironically, a work of true optimism. Brilliant.

Fascinating. Complex, yet quite simple.

Thanks for the insight.

smile.gif trink39.gif