Priest - Screaming for Vengence

Steevo

I think I'll stick with the original album.

I'm a bit sick of all these cash grabs. Just take Priest themselves, endless compilation albums, crappy box sets. And then remasters that add nothing with shitty bonus tracks etc. Come on MAN!

These people would have me buying everything all over again and again and again.

Screaming For Vengeance great album though!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

• Like 1

I saw Priest on that tour! Great show! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jul 20 2012, 03:12 PM)
^^^Not for me, I use discretion. It will be great to finally have one of my fave JP albums on CD with all that great bonus material. I don't buy many boxes and comps. as a rule trink38.gif

You're GREEDY for Priest material!

1287.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 21 2012, 08:21 AM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Jul 20 2012, 03:12 PM)
^^^Not for me, I use discretion.  It will be great to finally have one of my fave JP albums on CD with all that great bonus material.  I don't buy many boxes and comps. as a rule  trink38.gif

You're GREEDY for Priest material!

1287.gif biggrin.gif

drool1.gif laugh.gif Gotta say I'm a sucker for bonus DVDs (esp that show!!!) but yeah I hear ya. If I had ALL their shit I probably wouldn't bother with it either. There is over-saturation with this kinda thing in the download age for sure. Def not my fave JP album but perhaps could scrape into Top 5. Another geeky list to follow shortly I'm sure biggrin.gif

I am only buying this for the c.d. and that show is worth every dime

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 02:08 PM)

Yeah. Am I alone in saying that I would take a live set bonus CD (Ozzy's Diary, Sabbath's Mob Rules, Def Leppard's Pyromania) over a DVD every day?

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jul 23 2012, 02:21 PM)

Yeah. Am I alone in saying that I would take a live set bonus CD (Ozzy's Diary, Sabbath's Mob Rules, Def Leppard's Pyromania) over a DVD every day?

Shit, i mean d.v.d. laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 03:25 PM)

So I am then. laugh.gif

I just don't find myself watching DVDs too often to be honest. I get much more use out of a live album.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jul 24 2012, 07:30 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 23 2012, 03:25 PM)

So I am then. laugh.gif

I just don't find myself watching DVDs too often to be honest. I get much more use out of a live album.

I think you *are* alone there, I have the opposite thing going on cool10.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 20 2012, 01:14 PM)

Me too, and with Iron Maiden opening up for them! drool1.gif

That said, I already own the remastered CD of Screaming for Vengeance, so I see no need to buy it again. It's one of the few albums from my young heavy metal days that I'll still listen to on occasion. Great album. yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 24 2012, 05:36 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 20 2012, 01:14 PM)
I saw Priest on that tour! Great show!  1022.gif

Me too, and with Iron Maiden opening up for them! drool1.gif

That said, I already own the remastered CD of Screaming for Vengeance, so I see no need to buy it again. It's one of the few albums from my young heavy metal days that I'll still listen to on occasion. Great album. yes.gif

I saw Priest with Maiden. I thought that was in '82 though, no?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 20 2012, 03:14 PM)

So did I....and it was GREAT! 1022.gif 1022.gif

Unfortunately, the show I saw was in Cincinnati, which was still reeling from the Who tragedy. The Cincinnati Gardens management kept turning on the house lights during the show, because everyone was SMOKING.... dazed025.gif dazed025.gif

As a rule I do not pick up (1) box sets, (2) best of compilation's or (3) CD's to replace my records. If I have it on vinyl thats good enough, no need to replace / supplement it with a CD. Of course if its work by Rush thats an exception. Since I have this on vinyl I would not normally go for it however I am always on the look out for live shows that I don't have on DVD and / or CD. If its live it will grab my cash and thats exactly what happened today.

Picked this up and it just got done watching the DVD. It was well worth my hard earned $. Not only that, but I also picked up the 30th anniversary release of British Steel and that was definitely worth the $'s as well. Great DVD with that.

Only got to see the mighty Priest live twice. Once on the Ram it Down Tour and once on Painkiller but those shows, esp. the Ram it Down show, were great concerts and these DVD's brought back all kinds of good memories. Truth is, I went to see them on Ram it Down because of the opening act, Cinderella. Cinderella put on a tremendous show and then Priest just blew them off the stage. One of the best concerts I have ever seen.

If your a Priest fan I would suggest you pick this up. If your not, pick it up. You might become a Priest fan.

As much as I like Screaming, Defenders owns it so much. Aside from the awful shite of Love Bites, Eat Me Alive and Heavy Duty, this album still packs a strong force and makes my lists time and time again. Agreement or disagreement, I would like to see it.

I think I actually prefer Defenders to Screaming... I wouldn't say that either album "owns" the other but I give Defenders the edge.

nothing touches 70s priest though, I hope we can all agree there

• Like 1

I think I actually prefer Defenders to Screaming... I wouldn't say that either album "owns" the other but I give Defenders the edge.

Yea, 70's Priest is some of the best metal ever created! Sad Wings of Destiny might be my fave metal album ever- and Defenders is a tad better imo if only for The Sentinel!

I'm sorry, but we can't. I think SFV is their best album, by far. I like DOTF a lot too, but slightly less. That's their apex IMO.