Ted

ShlappinDahBass

QUOTE (t2s @ Jul 1 2012, 08:28 PM)
Seth Macfarlane needs to stop

I don't really care, don't find many "comedians" funny.. What he needs to do is start coming up with new ideas. Honestly, he's trying to embrace the label of "that one guy who makes the same show over and over in different forms" and it isn't working.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 1 2012, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 2 2012, 12:49 AM)
Haven't seen it, but the previews make it look pretty hilarious IMHO.

They have the opposite effect on me.

me too

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 1 2012, 08:59 PM)

I don't really care, don't find many "comedians" funny.. What he needs to do is start coming up with new ideas. Honestly, he's trying to embrace the label of "that one guy who makes the same show over and over in different forms" and it isn't working.

Tyler Perry?

QUOTE (t2s @ Jul 2 2012, 01:03 AM)

Tyler Perry?

2funny.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 2 2012, 12:21 AM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 1 2012, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 2 2012, 12:49 AM)
Haven't seen it, but the previews make it look pretty hilarious IMHO.

They have the opposite effect on me.

me too

x3

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 2 2012, 09:42 AM)

Tyler Perry?

2funny.gif

No shit. What is it with the popularity of movies featuring black men in drag/fat suits? Perry's far from the first to do this - Martin Lawrence and Big Momma broke that ground.

I love crude humor, so will probably be seeing Ted.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 2 2012, 09:43 AM)

Tyler Perry?

2funny.gif

No shit. What is it with the popularity of movies featuring black men in drag/fat suits? Perry's far from the first to do this - Martin Lawrence and Big Momma broke that ground.

Going back a bit but Flip Wilson.

K, I'm going wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back.

A friend of mine went to see it. He says there are lots of pop culture jokes and the jokes are very reminiscent of early family guy. I thought the preview was hilarious and I thought the first three seasons of Family Guy were hilarious as well so I can't wait to see it.

glad to see some other people who cringe at the thought of watching anything created by macfarlane. can't stand him. all of his shows are the same jokes, over and over again. one trick pony. his popularity has to be directly related to the IQ levels of people in the US. laugh.gif

The kids are away for a few days, so my wife and I saw it last night. I should point out that having lived all but 4 years of my 44 in and around Boston, it nails people from the area. It is, without a doubt, the dumbest movie story ever created. However, it is also one of the most laugh out loud funny movies I have ever seen.

Criticism: Mark Wahlberg, who I liked in Boogie Nights and Rock Star, is not good at potraying knuckleheads from Boston's neighborhoods because he overdoes it. He is one of those knuckleheads, frankly, making this all the more surprising. He's funny in this movie though.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jul 3 2012, 09:15 AM)
The kids are away for a few days, so my wife and I saw it last night. I should point out that having lived all but 4 years of my 44 in and around Boston, it nails people from the area. It is, without a doubt, the dumbest movie story ever created. However, it is also one of the most laugh out loud funny movies I have ever seen.

Criticism: Mark Wahlberg, who I liked in Boogie Nights and Rock Star, is not good at potraying knuckleheads from Boston's neighborhoods because he overdoes it. He is one of those knuckleheads, frankly, making this all the more surprising. He's funny in this movie though.

He was absolutely hilarious in "The Other Guys."

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 4 2012, 12:09 AM)
The kids are away for a few days, so my wife and I saw it last night.  I should point out that having lived all but 4 years of my 44 in and around Boston, it nails people from the area.  It is, without a doubt, the dumbest movie story ever created.  However, it is also one of the most laugh out loud funny movies I have ever seen.

Criticism:  Mark Wahlberg, who I liked in Boogie Nights and Rock Star, is not good at potraying knuckleheads from Boston's neighborhoods because he overdoes it.  He is one of those knuckleheads, frankly, making this all the more surprising.  He's funny in this movie though.

Agreed biggrin.gif

I saw it opening day. It's funny if you dig MacFarlane and his humor. I noticed those who laughed the hardest were the 20-somethings in the audience.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 2 2012, 04:12 PM)
A friend of mine went to see it. He says there are lots of pop culture jokes and the jokes are very reminiscent of early family guy. I thought the preview was hilarious and I thought the first three seasons of Family Guy were hilarious as well so I can't wait to see it.

A friend of mine said it was hilarious, and that he couldn't hear many of the lines because people were laughng so hard.

This surprised me.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jul 3 2012, 10:15 AM)
It is, without a doubt, the dumbest movie story ever created. However, it is also one of the most laugh out loud funny movies I have ever seen.

So, validation. smile.gif

I think I'll wait to rent, though.

QUOTE (goose @ Jul 4 2012, 04:39 PM)
QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jul 3 2012, 10:15 AM)
It is, without a doubt, the dumbest movie story ever created.  However, it is also one of the most laugh out loud funny movies I have ever seen.

So, validation. smile.gif

I think I'll wait to rent, though.

I think you'll be fine if you wait.

For a part of my life I lived in the city of Quincy, which is just south of the Boston city limits. When the city got mentioned in the movie, and in the manner in which it did, I almost spit my drink into the hair of the guy in front of me.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jul 2 2012, 10:16 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 2 2012, 09:43 AM)

Tyler Perry?

2funny.gif

Going back a bit but Flip Wilson.

K, I'm going wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back.

And Eddie Murphy after Flip and before Martin...Tyler Perry just. keeps. doing it.

QUOTE (t2s @ Jul 1 2012, 10:28 PM)

As unfunny as Family Guy is now, and the "was never funny" Cleveland Show is, American Dad is a must-see for me every week. It's so much better than his other shows. I wonder if he devotes most of his time to it over the others?

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 3 2012, 11:09 PM)
The kids are away for a few days, so my wife and I saw it last night.  I should point out that having lived all but 4 years of my 44 in and around Boston, it nails people from the area.  It is, without a doubt, the dumbest movie story ever created.  However, it is also one of the most laugh out loud funny movies I have ever seen.

Criticism:  Mark Wahlberg, who I liked in Boogie Nights and Rock Star, is not good at potraying knuckleheads from Boston's neighborhoods because he overdoes it.  He is one of those knuckleheads, frankly, making this all the more surprising.  He's funny in this movie though.

Same can be said for I heart.gif Huckabee's as well. Dude's got good comic timing.

Saw it yesterday. Loved it!

He only had three other batches: "Gorilla Panic", "They're coming! They're coming!" and something called "This Is Permanent"... rofl3.gif