The Wreckers Is a Bad Song

Mr. Not

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 18 2012, 12:02 AM)
The Wreckers is ok. It works will within the context of the album and is nicely positioned before the madness of Headlong Flight which has really grown on me.

1022.gif

Yes. Headlong Flight is just kick-ass. Front to back.

hockey.gif

Its not one of my favorites on the album. The intro is boring. A guitar melody of some kind-an interesting riff-SOMETHING besides the chords just ringing-out the same way over and over would have lifted this song up. The other thing that hurts it is that fade-out! WHY??? Alex just starts to wake-up;the rest of the band starts to cook and BOOM-let's fade it out. Oof...

The rest of the song is pretty nice, though.

Well, you know what they say about opinions..... wink.gif

I love this one and Wish Them Well. So there

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/LOLZ/funny-pictures-cat-has-noted-your-r.jpg

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jun 18 2012, 01:29 AM)
Well, you know what they say about opinions..... wink.gif

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/LOLZ/funny-pictures-cat-has-noted-your-r.jpg

I do enjoy Wish Them Well, as well as the smell of most assholes i've encountered.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Jun 18 2012, 07:02 AM)
I love it. It's catchy and the chorus is one of their best, possibly, ever. Plus I can relate to the lyrics. A very moving song to me.

This.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 18 2012, 01:32 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Jun 18 2012, 01:29 AM)
Well, you know what they say about opinions.....  wink.gif

I do enjoy Wish Them Well, as well as the smell of most assholes i've encountered.

I don't think "Wish Them Well" is that great.

I would rather listen to "We Wish You Well."

Signed,

WHITESNAKE

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Jun 18 2012, 01:33 AM)
QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Jun 18 2012, 07:02 AM)
I love it.  It's catchy and the chorus is one of their best, possibly, ever.  Plus I can relate to the lyrics.  A very moving song to me.

This.

+1

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 18 2012, 12:07 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 18 2012, 12:02 AM)
The Wreckers is ok. It works will within the context of the album and is nicely positioned before the madness of Headlong Flight which has really grown on me.

1022.gif

Yes. Headlong Flight is just kick-ass. Front to back.

hockey.gif

"Headlong" Rules.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 18 2012, 01:23 AM)
QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jun 17 2012, 10:16 PM)
yeah, not a fan. i don't get why so many people like Wish Them Well, either.

Big fan of "The Wreckers" as most of you know by now but "Wish Them Well" is at the bottom of my Clockwork Angels Hierarchy.

I agree with this... I really like WTW but once I get really used to the album, I'm sure this is one I'm going to find myself skipping.

I love The Wreckers!

Of course, more guitar solo wouldn't hurt, but I'm not complaining

QUOTE (Tony R @ Jun 18 2012, 03:02 AM)
It works well within the context of the album and is nicely positioned before the madness of Headlong Flight

I agree with this as well although when I first heard the title and the actual song without rreading the lyrics, I imaged "The Wreckers" to be something different.....Not ship wreckers, but I thought emotional wreckers.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 17 2012, 11:49 PM)
Worst song on the album behind, even worse than BU2B and BU2B2

Not sure what you think of it with the RTB toned guitar and very repetitive chorus. I think it should be deleted from my HD pretty soon.

There you have it.

hockey.gif

Disagree.

At present, I still believe there AREN'T ANY "bad songs" on the album, although I definitely have preferences. "Halo Effect" is perhaps the "worst," the one I'm most likely to skip.

"The Wreckers" is actually in my top four. "All I know is that sometimes you have to be wary...

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jun 18 2012, 04:49 AM)
Bad? Totally not.

Totally right. This is a good song. Nice chorus.. gets dramatic when they wreck. I'm appreciating that part more now. I think The Anarcist should be the next single, but this is a good song gosh darn it. To threaten to delete it after only 2 weeks is face palm worthy. trink38.gif

Oh, I think it's AMAZING....

The middle section especially..... WOW!! Sometimes I have to rewind and listen to that over and over. The music, lyrics, melody and the string section... powerful stuff!

I wouldn't say any of the songs, outside of Carvan were "immediate" for me. I had to listen 20 times for the newer songs to click.

When The Wreckers finally clicked...it really clicked.

It's not that it's a Bad song , i just don't like it, too much Pop for me

The song is about wrecking a ship on the shore where pirates are waitin' for ya...the guitar evokes almost a sprightly feeling at beginning...doesn't coincide with seriousness of subject matter. Chorus sounds hopeless.

It is one of my favorites on the release. Something is catchy about it.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jun 18 2012, 08:47 AM)
The song is about wrecking a ship on the shore where pirates are waitin' for ya...the guitar evokes almost a sprightly feeling at beginning...doesn't coincide with seriousness of subject matter. Chorus sounds hopeless.

cool10.gif