Carnies

GeddyLeeFender

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the crazy guitar echo effect that Alex is using during the chorus. I am not sure if I have ever heard a sound quite like it.

I really like this song - once I understood the words, I like it a lot more.

This one is still a work in progress for me.

Like P-D mentioned...it seems to be one of those songs that is simply overshadowed by strong material on this album.

One thing I did notice listening to it today was the bridge section...that caught my ear! Loving it! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 8 2012, 11:11 AM)
It's solid, though probably not Rush spectacular. It's on a good album, so it'll rank a little lower for me. On a poorer album, it'd stand out more. But it's not bad and VERY listenable to me. I certainly don't skip it.

agreed

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 8 2012, 10:11 AM)
It's solid, though probably not Rush spectacular. It's on a good album, so it'll rank a little lower for me. On a poorer album, it'd stand out more. But it's not bad and VERY listenable to me. I certainly don't skip it.

I have honestly come to the conclusion that there may not be a "skip" on this album. Down the road, Wish them Well may be in that category as I feel it may be the weakest at this point, but this album is quality from start to finish

It's good but not one of the best songs on the album. I do really like the bridge and the way it teases you with what you think is going to be a solo, only to have it come back and be a lead that Geddy sings along with (and actually sings well!)

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 8 2012, 12:58 PM)
It's solid, though probably not Rush spectacular.  It's on a good album, so it'll rank a little lower for me.  On a poorer album, it'd stand out more.  But it's not bad and VERY listenable to me.  I certainly don't skip it.

I have honestly come to the conclusion that there may not be a "skip" on this album. Down the road, Wish them Well may be in that category as I feel it may be the weakest at this point, but this album is quality from start to finish

I conquer! I haven't skipped a track, However when I'm shuffling around Wish them Well is usually the last one I'll turn to. Even though Alex's lead on it is growing on me. That's one of the strengths of this album, it grows on you with every listen!

And not like a Fungus!

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 8 2012, 12:58 PM)
It's solid, though probably not Rush spectacular.  It's on a good album, so it'll rank a little lower for me.  On a poorer album, it'd stand out more.  But it's not bad and VERY listenable to me.  I certainly don't skip it.

Indeed. And it's an even better listen when you can simply play it from start to end. I think where some songs might lack a little luster on their own, as a body it works really well.