Carnies

losingit2k

Definitely rocks! There is a certain metal edge to it, but also a pop sensibility within a neo-prog arrangement. Love it!

I really like how it starts out with the verses, then it goes into a -pre-chorus and chorus that feel like they were written separately. Totally different vibe than the raunchy verses which bugs me. Which the chorus was just as nasty and kept that great vibe going.

I'm starting to like this song quite a bit, even more so compared to the latter half of the songs on the record (ahem, the b-sides tongue.gif The riffs are purely original and not really teasing a previous song like Headlong Flight or Clockwork Angels are.

The weird accent or lack of melody in the vocal makes me wonder if its done on purpose. Not sure why. I'm sure there's a really good reason.

QUOTE (Hiding in plain sight @ Jun 5 2012, 04:35 PM)
Wouldn't skip it, but it's probably my least favorite. Great opening riff but then it backs off and it's like "what happened?" I prefer how they let the heavy riff in BU2B really dominate the song.

Yep, starts strong and raunchy as I like to describe it, then changes gears abruptly and drops off a cliff.

BU2B rides that flow throughout the entire song and feels like it was written with all parts intended to be there.

With this song it sounds like they wrote the verses and chorus parts entirely separately then just glued them together. Wish it just kept that strong opening vibe throughout.

QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Jun 5 2012, 12:19 AM)
Bottom of the list? The dynammic drum part alone makes it stand out to me

Exactly.....the song just takes off and soars after Ged sings " queens" .....Neil with those fast chops and the strong, riveting flow.......just 1022.gif

Definitely one of my favorites so far along with The Wreckers and The Garden. The only track I'm really lacking appreciation for right now is Wish Them Well... but we'll see what happens. I knew after the clips this was going to be one of the better ones.