Songs Rush should cover

CantStopThinkingBig

Well, considering they will tour even just two songs (Caravan/BU2B), I think they should release a 30 second snippet from a cover song after this next tour and then tour that 30 second snippet. After that, they will release the full version of the song and tour based off of that. Then an r40 tour, an album 2 years later and then the cycle begins again fing.gif fing.gif fing.gif fing.gif

what if instead of covering classic songs from bands that influenced them, they cover songs from newer bands that they influenced?

EDIT: this is of course purely hypothetical if they even do a feedback 2... tongue.gif

Edited by Dylan2712

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 7 2012, 08:56 AM)
What if they do a Christmas record? Not the ordinary kind, however. Neil will actually get to rewrite each of the Christmas carols. "Jingle bells I hate God" and "Clockwork Angels, we Have heard on high" will be the first two singles laugh.gif biggrin.gif

I wouldn't buy a Rush Christmas record, but I WOULD buy a Rush Hanukkah record! yes.gif

RUSH cover's their own songs, just in polka fashion.

We got a little taste of it from the TIme Machine. I want more!

GeddyFinal.gif chickendance.gif AlexFinal.gif

Nomorefuckingcoversongs

Tommy the Cat

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ May 8 2012, 06:45 PM)
I don't get the hate for Rush doing covers... I'd have preferred 5 more cover albums over that travesty that was S&A 062802puke_prv.gif

Well if you don't hate Cover Albums and it would take five of them over S&A, I guess you don't think it's such a travesty after all..

See what I did there? I messed with your statement because it isn't specific and I disagree with you. wink.gif

QUOTE (CantStopThinkingBig @ May 8 2012, 08:45 PM)
I don't get the hate for Rush doing covers... I'd have preferred 5 more cover albums over that travesty that was S&A 062802puke_prv.gif

I agree with you that S&A is 062802puke_prv.gif My problem with Feedback is the Band/Song choice . How many Who songs they could have went with and they pick The Seeker ? Lame . The Real Me ? thats more like it . No Yes ? No Zep ? I would have had no problem with that album if they just would have done better songs

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 9 2012, 08:58 AM)
My problem with Feedback is the Band/Song choice . How many Who songs they could have went with and they pick The Seeker ? Lame . The Real Me ? thats more like it . No Yes ? No Zep ? I would have had no problem with that album if they just would have done better songs

Agreed.

The song choices could've been SO MUCH better than what they went with.

Considering the bands that they've discussed being influenced by (Yes, Zep, The Who, etc)...they could've put out an awesome tracklist.

The best songs on FB that keep me coming back are Heart Full of Soul, The Seeker, and Crossroads. Those were the best tracks on FB IMO. The rest doesn't scream out to me all that much.