Caravan Re-Recorded?

FeelingUnlimited

In the new short film "Inner Rush", Caravan is played in the background at around the halfway point. The first time I watched the film I noticed that the vocals sounded different, so I went back to that section a couple times, and now I can't say for sure. It may just have to do with how the track was edited, or the dialogue over top of the music might be throwing me off. Check it out for yourself:

http://www.nfb.ca/film/inner_rush

Any thoughts? Maybe someone more intelligent than I knows how to isolate that part of the audio?

Curiouser and curiouser. . . I also wonder what the extra minute of "BU2B" will include. . .!

I hope it was re-recorded! I like the original but two versions > one. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I honestly can't tell from the video. The music is too faint and the dialogue too loud. confused13.gif

credits at the end list it as copyright 2010.

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 6 2012, 01:25 PM)
From listening to headlong flight, there is an obvious difference in production sound between the first two singles and the most recent one, so I would guess it might have been remixed if not all together re-recorded.

goodpost.gif This.

This more than anything makes me think that they were re-recorded. (And the fact that BU2B's track length is different.)

I like the production sound on Caravan and BU2B better than Headlong Flight though, so I'm a bit concerned. HF sounds a tad harsh....

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ May 6 2012, 06:30 PM)
"We're trying to get better."

"Well... they are." -Alex

laugh.gif

Yeah...I loved that z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 6 2012, 12:39 PM)
I'm actually quite amazed, with all the info that's come out about CA thus far, that we don't definitively know whether these songs have been re-recorded or not. wtf.gif

yeah i mean a little has been said about nearly every CA track so its frankly a bit bizarre we dont have some kind of confirmation they either have/havent been re-recorded

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 6 2012, 01:12 PM)
They are just trying to keep the hype down just in case it ends up bombing. Not saying that it will, but how hyped was S & A? I personally like much of that album, but I think many were disappointed.

I remember hearing the first tease of Far Cry with the "Hemispheres chord" and getting all excited... if only I knew what was coming after that sad.gif

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 6 2012, 12:25 PM)
From listening to headlong flight, there is an obvious difference in production sound between the first two singles and the most recent one, so I would guess it might have been remixed if not all together re-recorded.

Rich did "Headlong Flight" and Nick did "Caravan" and "BU2B." This was confirmed by Mr. Chycki himself on RIAB.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ May 6 2012, 01:27 PM)

Rich did "Headlong Flight" and Nick did "Caravan" and "BU2B." This was confirmed by Mr. Chycki himself on RIAB.

I think it was the opposite

QUOTE (Kelly D @ May 6 2012, 11:27 AM)

i believe its the other way around. Rich mixed Caravan and BU2B and Nick mixed HF. Personally I prefer the caravan bu2b mixes.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ May 6 2012, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ May 6 2012, 11:27 AM)

i believe its the other way around. Rich mixed Caravan and BU2B and Nick mixed HF. Personally I prefer the caravan bu2b mixes.

This is correct, Rich said so himself.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ May 6 2012, 12:27 PM)

I can't stand when bands do this.....for consistency purposes, I hope they re-recorded them....

Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 6 2012, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ May 6 2012, 12:27 PM)

I can't stand when bands do this.....what's the point in having different people mix different songs on the same album? An album should have consistentcy between songs, not sound like it's patched together.....

I think it's pretty clear that it will be consistent, Nick will have mixed all of it because the recordings of Caravan and BU2B as we know them are apparently no longer on the album.