101 members have voted

1. 1. Is Headlong flight an Epic?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A non-epic is composed of these traditional sections: Verse + Bridge + Chorus + Guitar solo/instrumental interludes, all intended to be musically related. If the song doesn't branch out into anything more than this, it's definitely not an epic. Headlong Flight doesn't; it's just long.

Frankly, this absurd question could only be asked by someone who simply doesn't know what an epic is. trink39.gif

Edited by Steel Rat

QUOTE (Nate1647 @ Apr 21 2012, 02:00 AM)
Is headlong flight EPIC? (adjective) YES

Is headlong flight AN epic? (noun) NO

that being said i looooove it haha

goodpost.gif

[/THREAD]

QUOTE (Nate1647 @ Apr 21 2012, 01:00 AM)
Is headlong flight EPIC? (adjective) YES

Is headlong flight AN epic? (noun) NO

that being said i looooove it haha

Exactly

Wow...I thought more would say yes. I said NO!

As much as I love it I don't think it qualifies as an epic. It's just not on the level of songs that I consider epic like 2112, Hemispheres, Natural Science, Xanadu...songs of that ilk. While I love this song, it doesn't qualify.

I'm hoping Clockwork Angels or Seven Cities of Gold will be though.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Apr 20 2012, 11:01 PM)
Nah. It's epic in terms of awesomeness, but a true epic it is not. confused13.gif

Exactly how I feel!!

Not at all

Who ever voted no is a BIG D BAG. WE have not heard Alex play a solo like this in years. It`s a sound I`ve been waiting to here in decades. Totally different and loving it. So all you so called poser Rush fans who constantly critique the band get a life and go back to reading Rolling Stone Mag. True fans know how freaking epic this song is.

QUOTE (guinness2112 @ Apr 21 2012, 01:55 PM)
Who ever voted no is a BIG D BAG. WE have not heard Alex play a solo like this in years. It`s a sound I`ve been waiting to here in decades. Totally different and loving it. So all you so called poser Rush fans who constantly critique the band get a life and go back to reading Rolling Stone Mag. True fans know how freaking epic this song is.

I guess 65% of the forum aren't real Rush fans then.

Nice comeback. What are you twelve. This forum constantly has polls that voice opinions where we rate certain aspects of this band. Cut the crap with this song is better or more epic than others. We all sound like a bunch of girls. The trio deserves better than our petty arguments for or against what ever they do. With that being said I think No one at the bridge is F.......ing Major Epic.

QUOTE (guinness2112 @ Apr 21 2012, 02:12 PM)
Nice comeback. What are you twelve. This forum constantly has polls that voice opinions where we rate certain aspects of this band. Cut the crap with this song is better or more epic than others. We all sound like a bunch of girls. The trio deserves better than our petty arguments for or against what ever they do. With that being said I think No one at the bridge is F.......ing Major Epic.

Hey man, you're the one that called 2/3rds of the forum poser D-bags who aren't true fans.

Your words, not mine.

If you level that kind of rhetoric at 65% of the forum, expect to get responses.

[edit: it's up to 66% now.]

Edited by danielmclark

QUOTE (guinness2112 @ Apr 21 2012, 02:55 PM)

Seriously ?

QUOTE (guinness2112 @ Apr 21 2012, 03:22 PM)
Sorry, Just tired of idiot fans who try to define epic. Epic is whatever you want it to be. Just glad the guys gave me something to smile about when I heard this song. A really big smile.

I love the song also

QUOTE (guinness2112 @ Apr 21 2012, 01:12 PM)
Nice comeback. What are you twelve. This forum constantly has polls that voice opinions where we rate certain aspects of this band. Cut the crap with this song is better or more epic than others. We all sound like a bunch of girls.

What's wrong with girls? confused13.gif

QUOTE (guinness2112 @ Apr 21 2012, 02:55 PM)

The easiest way to label oneself as a douchebag is to loudly proclaim that "anyone who disagrees with me is a douchebag."