Rush getting more notice??

RUSHandOSU

Hey guys i havent been on here in awhile, actually i had to make a new account because i forgot my other one but to my topic. I live in the Cincinnati, ohio area and ive noticed rush is getting way more notice than ever before around here on radio..Im hearing more songs played and theyve been talkin bout rush's new album and singles and even talkin bout the RRHOF issue. What about your guys areas is it the same or different? and wondering if you guys think this is because the new album coming out or something else? Edited by RUSHandOSU

All i've noticed is many more Rush shirts in the halls of my high school than usual.. kind of weird actually. I double-take many times when I see someone wearing one.. "Is that ANOTHER rush shirt?!"

Anyways. Not really on the airwaves. The most Rush I hear on the radio is when they use "Show Don't Tell" and "The Weapon" as the intro song to the sports talk show "Galloway and Company". Other than that I haven't noticed anything in particular.

One station in Chicago plays it's share of Rush - but as mentioned, it's usually the standards, although they tend to give brand new music some play when it's first released.

Problem is, I simply cannot listen to classic rock stations anymore. It's always the same exact songs by the same exact artists - there is only so much "More then a Feeling" a man can take lol

Edited by eshine

I literally have not listened to the famous Q95(Bob and Tom home) here in Indy in years. I listen to CD or sports radio in the car these days but Q95 were always pretty kind to Rush. They have always played the standards and beyond a bit and everytime Rush has a new release they give the single plenty of airplay for a while.

QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 18 2012, 01:08 AM)
One station in Chicago plays it's share of Rush - but as mentioned, it's usually the standards, although they tend to give brand new music some play when it's first released.

Problem is, I simply cannot listen to classic rock stations anymore. It's always the same exact songs by the same exact artists - there is only so much "More then a Feeling" a man can take lol

I hear you there. Zeppelin, Lynard Skynard, and Tom Petty over and over and over and over. tongue.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 18 2012, 01:14 AM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 18 2012, 01:08 AM)

I hear you there. Zeppelin, Lynard Skynard, and Tom Petty over and over and over and over. tongue.gif

Exactly

laugh.gif

I love it when you hear Rush unexpectedly. There's this British programme called Grumpy Old Men and the episode was a grumpy look at the eighties. Some dude turns up in a Rush t-shirt with Spirit of Radio playing in the background.

No one here in Australia would know who Rush is although word is filtering through courtesy of South Park and heavy metal music countdowns.

When I play Rush to people who've never heard of them before, they usually react with,"What was that?" in a positive way.

I'm in Australia and I know who Rush are trink39.gif I think you will find there are plenty Rush fans in Oz.At the minute there is a very healthy prog/alternative scene here, bands like Karnivool, Dead Letter Circus, Birds of Tokyo just to name a few...........I must admit though... I am originally from the Rushified territory of Scotland trink38.gif

I grew up with Rush in Liverpool UK, yes there are a few fans around in Australia.Came across a girl who had 2112, got her to play it to local Tasmanians who were blown away.

There was an Australian car ad that blatantly ripped off La Villa Strangiato

'No one here in Australia would know who Rush is"

I'm Australian (from near Sydney) and I love Rush (been my favourite band for 20 years. Glad to see I'm not alone.

Too bad they will never tour here sad.gif

Boston ...I have never heard a band that sings more about "Rockin".."Rock" and "Good Times" that simply does not ...well Rock itself.

the band never rocked even in the 70s they were sterilzed clean gutiar hero nonsense.

Here in Oregon, Rush mania is practically at a fever pitch!!! ohmy.gif 1022.gif

Ok, just kidding. tongue.gif

Seriously, Rush is as ignored as ever as far as I'm concerned. Maybe they play them like crazy on commercial radio, but who listens to commercial radio? At least I don't... unsure.gif

I have not listened to regular radio in years . I listen to x-m and 9 out of 10 times, they talk about New rush and play something from 30 years ago . So no, zero

QUOTE (blueskiesecho @ Apr 18 2012, 05:49 AM)
One of my best mates lived in Launceston Tasmania he absolutely loved it there.Nice to know there is some fellow Rush fans close by new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I only left for Oz last year....last band I seen in UK before I left 2.gif at Sheffield Arena on the Time Machine tour biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum!

QUOTE (aaronrusso @ Apr 18 2012, 06:49 AM)
im australian!!! smile.gif
melbourne
although i think theres only like 8 other rush fans i know around here

Welcome to you as well!

Here in North Carolina, they play Tom Sawyer or TSOR every once in a while on classic rock stations, but very rarely. It's kind of sickening really. They play the same crap all the time. I always find it interesting that the live shows around here are always sellouts (or close to it). Seems like closet Rush fans just come out of the woodwork.

On any given day you might hear Tom Sawyer or The Spirit Of Radio or maybe Freewill on classic rock radio in Nashville. New Rush? I doubt anyone here will play it.

I'm sick of music radio anyway, but we did recently get a new one here called Hippie 94.5 and they are playing a lot of songs I haven't heard since I was kid.