Gompers

How do you rate Power Windows?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate Power Windows?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This rare and precious metal earned a 9 from me.

Not a weak track in the bunch, but my least faves are Mystic Rhythms and Manhattan Project. Best are Territories and The Big Money. Oh, and Grand Designs. Oh, and Middletown Dreams.

Giving this one a 8. Ranking slightly lower than Grace and Signals. Went away from it a while, but over the last year revisited it and appreciate it more than ever. Great mix of guitar and keys, and outstanding playing, particularly Alex-- some of his most memorable solos are on this album. Great production —love listening with headphones. Edited by greg2112

9/10

All songs range from decent-awesome. Grand Designs is a bit too cheesy and Emotion Detector never stuck to me that well. Marathon, Mystic Rhythms, Middletown, and Territories I consider among the band's finest work.

An 8 on account of only two songs.

Which ones?

I went for a nine: better than Signals, Permanent Waves and Presto, but not a patch on Hold Your Fire, Grace Under Pressure, or Moving Pictures. The bands fourth best effort of the eighties, but considering three of that decades releases gets the full ten, you could make the argument that I regard it as the second best, at least in terms of numbers.

So close to perfect it hurts me to keep it at nine. But it just doesn't quite reach the heights of my absolute favourite Rush, aside from Marathon, which may just be my all time favourite Rush song. And The Big Money is one of those songs, like Subdivisions and The Pass, that I know is great, love dearly, but no where near as much as other fans. For me it starts the album awkwardly, and I wish it began with Grand Designs.

Mystic Rhythms is one of the bands best ever closing songs, alongside Available Light and Everyday Glory.