$19.99 Price Point

darth by tor

As Amazon and now Rush Backstage have CA up for pre-order for $19.99. taking into consideration the previous snippets that have hinted at "Suites" and "Epics" and the songtitles

I we are going to get not only a FULL concept album but a DOUBLE!

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 11 2012, 10:40 AM)
That would be great...BUT...I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure that if it were to be a double-album, it would be mentioned in the press releases. It's a pretty big selling point.

I could be wrong...but that's what I think anyways.

That's what I was thinking...the marketing would be ALL OVER that is it were 2 cd's....

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Apr 11 2012, 11:05 AM)
For that price should we assume there are some sort of extras? Or perhaps the packaging and booklet will be particularly elaborate?

I hope so, considering Counterparts is 8 bucks at HMV confused13.gif

Apparently it dropped to $17.97 at some point on amazon, because that's currently my pre-order price via the low price guarantee. I had pre-ordered it before the pre-ordering was stopped. Currently $19.61 on amazon.com. I doubt it'll be two discs, rather, the price will keep dropping. Or maybe.. there will be different versions? Basic and deluxe? Too soon to tell I guess.

biggrin.gif trink38.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Apr 11 2012, 10:08 AM)
For that price should we assume there are some sort of extras? Or perhaps the packaging and booklet will be particularly elaborate?

You can't compare it to a release that old. What are recent releases from other bands going for?

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 11 2012, 10:11 AM)
Apparently it dropped to $17.97 at some point on amazon, because that's currently my pre-order price via the low price guarantee. I had pre-ordered it before the pre-ordering was stopped. Currently $19.61 on amazon.com. I doubt it'll be two discs, rather, the price will keep dropping. Or maybe.. there will be different versions? Basic and deluxe? Too soon to tell I guess.

biggrin.gif trink38.gif 2.gif

This.

I secured the same price. It'll keep fluctuating until the release date, and those of us that preorder will get the lowest, even if it goes back up at some point.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 11 2012, 11:12 AM)
QUOTE (canadianice @ Apr 11 2012, 10:08 AM)

You can't compare it to a release that old. What are recent releases from other bands going for?

Just pay whatever they want for it, afterall it is a new RUSH album 2.gif

Yeah, it'll be much cheaper than that many places and will certainly on sale at Best Buy when it's new but we also still don't know about a possible 5.1 edition or elaborate packaging or other things that could raise the price. I'll be honest though, I absolutely do care about how I spend my money but I get excited about buying new albums maybe 1-3 times a year now. CDs were $12-$15 even 20 or more years ago and they had far less music on them and I bought albums all the time then. When my favorite bands are only releasing new albums every 5 or more years I really don't give a shit whether it's $9.99 or $19.99. It's just negligible over that amount of time.

It's once CD in a digipak that they're selling for 20$. Otherwise it would have been marketed that way. Just check best buy on launch, they normally have new releases for 5$ less.

No way this is the price when it is released

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 11 2012, 02:06 PM)

Wouldn't this be the price for the "fan pack"?

Nope, it's the price for the fanny pack, an as-yet-unheard-of bit of bonus for people that pre-order. The album and all the other bonus stuff will come in a stylish blue fanny pack, suitable for jogging, walking around amusement parks, or rowing downriver.

Maybe they're gonna do what Porcupine Tree did with The Incident and split the discs to differentiate the Clockwork Angels suite and the non-canon tracks? Might be a possibility but I'm willing to bet that one of the formats is a DVD or BluRay with the 5.1 mix and a making of featurette.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 11 2012, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 11 2012, 02:06 PM)

Wouldn't this be the price for the "fan pack"?

Nope, it's the price for the fanny pack, an as-yet-unheard-of bit of bonus for people that pre-order. The album and all the other bonus stuff will come in a stylish blue fanny pack, suitable for jogging, walking around amusement parks, or rowing downriver.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif