We are getting new Rush.

Funky Chicken

Don't really know how I will feel about it.

It could blow me away.

It could suck hard.

It probably will fall somewhere between those two extremes.

I was in line to buy Moving Pictures on release day. I have bought every other studio release on release day.

I was at 6/28/2002 in Hartford, the show that almost never was. I've been to almost 50 others. I shook Geddy's hand at the MFH album signing in Edison, NJ in the fall of 2000 thinking that Rush was DONE.

Turns out they are not done.

I was 15 when MP came out.

I'll be 47 when CA comes out. I'll be standing at Best Buy trying to find the damned thing on release day when they probably won't even have unpacked it because 99.999999% of humans don't give a shit.

I give a shit.

We are getting new Rush. Be happy about it. Consider the alternative.

QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Mar 30 2012, 02:59 PM)
It could blow me away.
It could suck hard.
I was in line to buy Moving Pictures on release day. I have bought every other studio release on release day.
I was at 6/28/2002 in Hartford, the show that almost never was. I've been to almost 50 others. I shook Geddy's hand at the MFH album signing in Edison, NJ in the fall of 2000 thinking that Rush was DONE.
I'll be 47 when CA comes out. I'll be standing at Best Buy trying to find the damned thing on release day when they probably won't even have unpacked it because 99.999999% of humans don't give a shit.
I give a shit.

Say this post in your best Morgan Freeman accent, whilst picturing a child, in slow motion, running in a field of flowers towards a leafy tree.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 30 2012, 11:11 AM)
It could blow me away.
It could suck hard.
I give a shit.

Say this post in your best Morgan Freeman accent, whilst picturing a child, in slow motion, running in a field of flowers towards a leafy tree.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/LOLskate.gif

QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Mar 30 2012, 09:59 AM)
It could blow me away.
It could suck hard.
I give a shit.

goodpost.gif

I echo your sentiment Funky. Been following this band for 35 years and I am just thrilled that they are still at it.

And, yes, Morgan Freeman reading the post in that slow, "Morgan Freeman" delivery with long pauses between sentences would be perfect. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Mar 30 2012, 10:59 AM)
It could blow me away.
It could suck hard.
I give a shit.

goodpost.gif

Since the horrible events of 1997/1998, I consider any new Rush album and Tour to be gravy on the potatoes bacon.gif or the bacon 2.gif

It could blow me away.
It could suck hard.
I give a shit.

laugh.gif

Awesome.

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Mar 30 2012, 07:31 PM)
It could blow me away.
It could suck hard.
I give a shit.

laugh.gif

Awesome.

Really Awesome!

wink.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Apr 1 2012, 04:11 AM)
QUOTE (BigBob @ Mar 30 2012, 10:59 AM)
This is my first Rush Release since I've become a Fan. YAHOOOOOOOO!!!

Mine too! I'm glad I didn't miss this! icon_alienjig.gif

Me three!!! cheer.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif

I do love the New Release Cha Cha. My first was GUP, which I just found in the record bin mixed in with all the other Rush. "What the #@%$ is this?" I said to myself. Surprise! New release! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 30 2012, 10:11 AM)
It could blow me away.
It could suck hard.
I give a shit.

http://i.imgur.com/oq4vA.jpg

"...I must admit I didn't think much of Rush the first time I laid ears on them.

They might'a been important to musicians and metalheads, but to the rest of us they were just another band on the radio waves. Sounded like a stiff breeze could blow them over. That was my first impression of the band..."

QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Apr 1 2012, 08:20 AM)

Same here! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Mar 30 2012, 08:59 AM)
It could blow me away.
It could suck hard.
I give a shit.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 1 2012, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (LyndseyG @ Apr 1 2012, 08:20 AM)

Same here! 1022.gif

And me!! 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 30 2012, 09:35 PM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Mar 30 2012, 07:31 PM)
It could blow me away.
It could suck hard.
I give a shit.

laugh.gif

Awesome.

Really Awesome!

wink.gif

yes.gif goodpost.gif

Great post!

QUOTE (Natural.Science @ Apr 1 2012, 03:35 AM)

I became fan somewhere around the release of Test for Echo smile.gif

But the best Rush period for me is 81 till 87. smile.gif

I became what i would call a casual fan - would buy their albums and got to shows if it was a local show, but they were not my #1 group - around the time of Hold Your fire.

Became a real fan (considered them to be my favorite group, started to look for and buy boots) after seeing them on the Vapor Trails tour. Ironic since I don't like that album.

Much as I like their early stuff (2112 esp.), I agree with you that 80 - 91 is their best period (I am including your best period and stretching it out a bit).

By the way, I only joined a few months back myself but - welcome to TRF!!

trink39.gif

Somebody was listening to CA on nov 20th wink.gif

Bubba's Bar n Grill ‏ @RoadRash66

Going from the aiport direct to the studio. Feedback from Bubba has been very positive. Can't wait to hear what the 3 amigos have laid down

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Apr 1 2012, 02:08 PM)

Going from the aiport direct to the studio. Feedback from Bubba has been very positive. Can't wait to hear what the 3 amigos have laid down

Yeah that was NICK

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Apr 1 2012, 02:08 PM)

bubba is neil's buddy who smokes alot of weed right?