2012 MLB season thread

laughedatbytime

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Oct 2 2012, 06:02 PM)
Cubs vs Astros tonight for the first time in like 50 years that 2 teams with 100 or more loses square off. laugh.gif

Oh, dear...

QUOTE (goose @ Oct 2 2012, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Oct 2 2012, 09:05 PM)
Jays 4 Twins 3  biggrin.gif  Toronto is 72 and 89  ph34r.gif

Lengthen the season! Toronto's on a roll!

trink39.gif

What are you trying to do, have us end up like the Cubs? wink.gif

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Oct 3 2012, 07:14 PM)
the Oakland A's are playing outta their minds! Bob Melvin has gotta win the Manager Of The Year award, all due respect to Buck Showalter.

Didn't you learn anything from "Moneyball" It's all about Billy Bean not the coach - laugh.gif

QUOTE (waluigithewalrus @ Oct 3 2012, 10:14 PM)
Damn it Boston! You had one job! angry.gif

'Course, the O's didn't help themselves by losing two to the Rays. Hopefully we'll be able to stick it to the Rangers, but I'm just not sure.

Rangers, coming off the sweep, wil be formidable.

Hope the O's keep then on the ropes and finish them!

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Oct 3 2012, 08:45 PM)
Miguel Cabrera wins the Triple Crown with a .330 avg, 44 HR's, and 139 RBI.

Trout vs. Cabrera: let the MVP argument begin.....

Cabrera deserves it.

I just scored major wife points. common001.gif

Hubs is a huge Cardinals fan. I scored him a great seat for $70 for tomorrow's wildcard playoff against the Braves. Sent him a text saying, "Wash that jersey, because you're going to the game." He called me back in joyous disbelief. He is thrilled!

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Oct 4 2012, 12:02 PM)
Bobby Valentine got fired.

As much as I hate "subway series'", go Birds and Nats.

No wonder my Angels swept the Red Sox this season. Now, there's a sentence I never thought I'd post. laugh.gif rofl3.gif As frustrated as I've been with Scioscia over the last handful of years, I'd rather have him than Valentine. Francona was great with his players. Valentine was clueless and it's not hard to see why Youk did better with Robin Ventura as a manager on the south side of Chi town.

Rooting for the O's and Tigers in the American League since I hate the A's and Rangers. Plus, the evil empire is in. Nice to see Miggy get a triple crown. Also, another reason I'm rooting for the O's is former Angel pitcher, Saunders, now being on the team. I remember when he pitched a great Angel victory in honor of the the victims of the Virginia Tech shooting victims just after that tragedy since he was a student there.

Well, at least my team finished above 500 and played good September baseball. Those April games came back to haunt them. I'll definitely settle for Trout as ROY and Weaver as Cy Young though. Better season overall than last IMO. I'll be even more ecstatic if they let go of Vernon "worst trade ever" Wells.

Edited by invisible airwave