So much negativity

Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 15 2012, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Mar 15 2012, 10:51 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 15 2012, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Mar 15 2012, 10:35 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 15 2012, 07:34 PM)
QUOTE (myturn2drive @ Mar 15 2012, 09:17 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 15 2012, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (myturn2drive @ Mar 15 2012, 09:13 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 15 2012, 10:11 PM)
QUOTE (myturn2drive @ Mar 15 2012, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 15 2012, 05:58 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 15 2012, 10:44 PM)
Sometimes I'm negative because it's fun. Its infinitely more enjoyable to make a (seemingly) witty comment about an album or song I don't like than just shut up and not say anything. That said, people should take it for what it is. Its just my attempt at humor. When I see someone else joking negatively about something I like I just laugh and move on. The general feeling I get is that we need to lighten up and stop taking other peoples' (and our) opinions so seriously, myself included.

Some people will never get this.

Oh no...I "get it". I may be new to these forums...but I have seen your type of "humor" before. You two are the type that get enjoyment out of putting stuff down. Everything "sucks" or is "lame". I went to school with people like you. Your idea of "fun" is putting other people and ideas down. What I don't get, is why you claim to be a rush fan, but all you have to say is how much they suck...why waste the energy? Well I know why...because to you it is fun. This isn't a politcal debate, we aren't solving the worlds problems...we are all supposed to be here because we love Rush

Two posts in, and you've already got me all figured out. Well done

Wasn't that difficult

Some people just don't know how to have fun. biggrin.gif

No, some (in fact, most people I know) don't think being negative is fun.

Nobody is negative just for the sake of being negative. That would be irrational. What is fun is conflict. Conflict is exciting. It is entertaining. Can you imagine a movie with two hours of characters just hugging or sh*t like that? Do you know how boring that would be? Whether you like it or not, you probably enjoy conflict too. It is the spice of life.

Just lovely,

This coming from a person who is bitching on another thread about entertainment. And how Rush rips people off with ticket prices. So let me get this straight. Your definition of entertainment in life is conflict? Priceless! laugh.gif

Yeah, conflict is the only form of entertainment... eyesre4.gif

You enjoy it too, or else you wouldn't bother responding to my posts.

I never said I don't enjoy it from time to time. You make it your life's desire. Get out of the house more. Breath some fresh air. It will do you some good. wink.gif

I'm a city boy; no fresh air around these parts. wink.gif

Well,

There you go. My point is spot on! biggrin.gif

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 15 2012, 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 15 2012, 03:29 PM)
I like Virtuality

Whatever you say, net boy. eyesre4.gif

tongue.gif

The music is great on Virtuality and the lyrics, while a little cheesy, are way ahead of their time. I don't mind that people hate it, but I don't.

Now, VT, that hatred you have for it is just a vile and hideous ugliness that you KNOW in your heart is wrong! tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

Edited to add...and how I didn't put this in the first time is beyond me..."OK Net Girl"! tongue.gif

Edited by Presto-a RUSH fan!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 15 2012, 08:39 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Mar 15 2012, 11:47 AM)

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 15 2012, 03:44 PM)
The general feeling I get is that we need to lighten up and stop taking other peoples' (and our) opinions so seriously, myself included.

The amount of energy people expend getting all freaked out over someone's OPINION about an album by a rock band is truly astounding to me. It's ridiculous to the point of hilarity. In the grand scheme of things, it's really not that important. In fact, it's not important at all. no.gif

And to those of us who have heard the same arguments about how bad VT and other newer RUSH albums are, feel the EXACT same way about the CONSTANT giving of that opinion. Now I ask you, is there a difference between you giving your opinion that VT is bad and me giving mine that it's not?

I think that what has sparked this recent "complaining" about the negativity towards RUSH has NOTHING to do with OPINIONS that an album is bad, at least for me as I have said 1000 times music is subjective and everyone has the right to like or dislike any album. I think it has more to do with the CONSTANT bashing of the newer RUSH by the same people over and over in a rude and tactless way. And FWIW, I don't include your opinions in that as you don't get personal and act as if anyone who disagrees with you is "deluded".

Also, this negativity being complained about also has alot to do with the backlash against RUSH because they have delayed putting out CA so many times. I want that album as much as ANYONE on this board, but to say you are "mad at RUSH" and "they have no respect for their fans" just because they haven't put it out OR given us info on what's going on with it, as if we are owed that, IMO, are the issues that are being "complained"' about. (again, along with the tactless opinions about the newer RUSH albums) The funny thing is what if the delay is because they messed up the mixing again.

First off, do you think they'd announce, "hey, we f**ked up again so that is why it's being delayed. And secondly, the people bitching about this delay to the extreme would probably be the same people who would rip RUSH if the album was released with mixing problems. I can see the threads now. "Why didn't RUSH just take a little longer and fix the problems with CA before releasing it".

With the recent problems RUSH has had with the TMT DVD and BluRay and the Sectors box set, I don't blame them for taking every bit of time to make sure the album is perfect. Again, to some, it could be the greatest album they've put out since MP and they'd still find a reason to bitch about it. How long have RUSH fans been clamoring for another epic, and they are doing it now, but some complain that they aren't doing it about the right subject and they are taking too long to do it. RUSH can't win for losing.

You and I disagree about so many RUSH albums it's ridiculous, but yet we can somehow go back and forth, bust each other's balls and give our opinions without making them personal and making comments along the lines of "if you like this, then you are an idiot" (paraphrasing as to not hurt anyone's wittle feelings)

Edited to reword and fix the quote tags

Edited by Presto-a RUSH fan!

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 15 2012, 11:05 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 15 2012, 09:59 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 15 2012, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 15 2012, 08:25 PM)
I love it when people accuse the band of carelessness. What the fk have YOU ever done? Have YOU spent 40 years recording music professionally, touring and being generally awesome? It's one thing to say you don't like the finished product, I totally get that. There's *lots* of music I don't like, some of it from Rush. But to say they were careless is saying that you know enough about their workflow to know that they just weren't paying attention. How unbelievably arrogant. It says far more about the person making the accusation than it does about the accused.

I'm saying that they are aware of the weaknesses in their songs, but decline to invest the necessary energy into resolving them into what would become excellence.

And I'm saying that you're an arrogant troll who doesn't know the first thing about how the band works.

You take these things so personally, I don't even understand.

He is questioning their character, work ethic and dedication to their craft. Rush have earned respect and everybody on this board should be pissed by comments like that dazed025.gif

QUOTE (myturn2drive @ Mar 15 2012, 11:08 PM)
Sometimes I'm negative because it's fun. Its infinitely more enjoyable to make a (seemingly) witty comment about an album or song I don't like than just shut up and not say anything. That said, people should take it for what it is. Its just my attempt at humor. When I see someone else joking negatively about something I like I just laugh and move on. The general feeling I get is that we need to lighten up and stop taking other peoples' (and our) opinions so seriously, myself included.

Oh no...I "get it". I may be new to these forums...but I have seen your type of "humor" before. You two are the type that get enjoyment out of putting stuff down. Everything "sucks" or is "lame". I went to school with people like you. Your idea of "fun" is putting other people and ideas down. What I don't get, is why you claim to be a rush fan, but all you have to say is how much they suck...why waste the energy? Well I know why...because to you it is fun. This isn't a politcal debate, we aren't solving the worlds problems...we are all supposed to be here because we love Rush

goodpost.gif

I couldn't agree more. (except about AEW wink.gif) As I "trail" A certain member of the forum, I have found this to be true. I have a spreadsheet that I use to chart the negativity of this certain members comments, so I can verify your information is 100% accurate. wink.gif

And I can't wait to hear someone say this is me with another account. We may have to take pictures of ourselves with newspapers showing the current date or go into the chat section to prove we aren't the same person! laugh.gif

Oh and be prepared for the "just another troll" comment that will be coming your way very soon.

trink39.gif

(I hope nobody takes my comments above personal. It's just that ole American sense of humor that members from other countries will never get tongue.gif wink.gif )

Re; negativity... yes. There is too much. It comes from the same people and it is childish in the extreme. RUSH have grown and matured and, yes, aged. I know that really pisses some people off because it reminds them that *they* have also aged. Don't take it out on the band - they can't change physics (at least not yet).

To all the new people... http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/smiley-greet024.gif

Welcome to TRF. Nice to have you!

To Presto and myturn2drive:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/funny-animal-gifs-animal-gifs-oh-no-you-diint.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 16 2012, 04:32 AM)
Re; negativity... yes. There is too much. It comes from the same people and it is childish in the extreme. RUSH have grown and matured and, yes, aged. I know that really pisses some people off because it reminds them that *they* have also aged. Don't take it out on the band - they can't change physics (at least not yet).

To all the new people... http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd103/laserspray/internet%20stuff/smilies/smiley-greet024.gif

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/funny-animal-gifs-animal-gifs-oh-no-you-diint.gif

laugh.gif

rofl3.gif Now that is good stuff!

I have no negativity towards the band's material, old or new. All songs are great. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I know what I like and I like what I hear. Then again, it's probably just me.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 15 2012, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 12:34 PM)

Wasn't that difficult

Nobody is negative just for the sake of being negative. That would be irrational. What is fun is conflict. Conflict is exciting. It is entertaining. Can you imagine a movie with two hours of characters just hugging or sh*t like that? Do you know how boring that would be? Whether you like it or not, you probably enjoy conflict too. It is the spice of life.

"Nobody is negative just for the sake of being negative"? But earlier you said, "Sometimes I'm negative because it's fun." confused13.gif

Don't worry, I'm not being negative. I'm giving you more spice in your life. pokey.gif

The results are fun.

I don't know man. You mainly seem to say contradictory things. And it doesn't even seem like you realize it. I can imagine you posting these...

Your 1st post: Tom Sawyer needs to be dropped from their setlist. It's good but not that good. I've heard enough of it and I'm sure a lot of other fans have too.

Your 2nd post: Tom Sawyer is such a great song and a worthy staple to their live gigs. I can't wait to hear it on the next tour.

Your 3rd post: I think you missed my point about what I was saying about Tom Sawyer.

Catch the drift.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Mar 16 2012, 02:06 AM)
I have no negativity towards the band's material, old or new. All songs are great. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif I know what I like and I like what I hear. Then again, it's probably just me.

no.gif

Not just you! heart.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 16 2012, 04:08 AM)
This thread is living up to its title WAY too well.

Isn't it though.

The Pavlovian reaction was superb, and I LOVE PAVLOVAS!!!!

Ooh, ooh, me sir!!!

If they're this bad now, wait 'til the album comes out. Basements will overheat. Pop tarts will be consumed in their dozens.

One part of me wishes for an RTB/T4E ballsfest in glowing suck-a-rama vision, for the reactions alone.

The other part of me likes the laydeez. Oh yes.

Git down.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 16 2012, 05:19 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Mar 16 2012, 02:06 AM)

no.gif

Not just you! heart.gif trink39.gif

Count me in that group! yes.gif

trink39.gif

PS. Although my inclusion in your group probably hurts the overall "niceness" of it! smile.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 16 2012, 06:47 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 16 2012, 04:08 AM)
This thread is living up to its title WAY too well.

Isn't it though.

The Pavlovian reaction was superb, and I LOVE PAVLOVAS!!!!

Ooh, ooh, me sir!!!

If they're this bad now, wait 'til the album comes out. Basements will overheat. Pop tarts will be consumed in their dozens.

One part of me wishes for an RTB/T4E ballsfest in glowing suck-a-rama vision, for the reactions alone.

The other part of me likes the laydeez. Oh yes.

Git down.

laugh.gif You mutant! laugh.gif

You guys know that if this thread had been titled "So much positivity", the posts would've been pretty much the same.

It doesn't really matter though. Everyone here will get the new album and almost all will try to go to the tour if possible.

Good topic but it will never stop the wailers! wink.gif

We just have to cope with that people are different.

What is true is that Rush are an Progressive Metal band and they are truly the most progressive metal band in history. They have never released an album like the one before and no album in their entire carees can be compared against each other.

Some people tends to get stuck in the past while other cope with progression.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 16 2012, 03:32 AM)

laugh.gif

LMAO rofl3.gif

Thanks for the welcome

Even though I dont like much of what they've done since Neil came back, and dont like the 2 new songs, Im still thankful they're still around. Not so much for the new music but to still have chances to see them knowing soon enough Ill never get to see them again, there's really not much to complain about.

They already put out enough great music for me. I couldnt care less if CA is complete trash. I'll still hand my money over to go see them live and enjoy a night out.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 16 2012, 08:33 AM)
If only Rush would stop sucking...

rush limbaugh does NOT suck...ok...I don't know that for sure, maybe he does! ohmy.gif

BTW, don't you see the irony...your being negative about RUSH in the "So much negativity" thread? sarcasm.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

BTWII, did anyone ever tell you that you look like a young Paul McCartney? And I know, I look like a young rat juggling his balls! smile.gif

This one's for you rushgoober:

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqaojt9TGJ1qfj6wko1_500.jpg

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 16 2012, 07:55 AM)

rush limbaugh does NOT suck...ok...I don't know that for sure, maybe he does! ohmy.gif

BTW, don't you see the irony...your being negative about RUSH in the "So much negativity" thread? sarcasm.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

BTWII, did anyone ever tell you that you look like a young Paul McCartney? And I know, I look like a young rat juggling his balls! smile.gif

I would never eat that thing, but goddamn does it sure look tasty.

I very much enjoy recent Rush, the sonics of Vapor Trails not withstanding. As you say, folks are entitled to not enjoy what the band's done recently, as am I to say I don't envy being that person. That's different from loving everything the band does. If CA is shite, then be prepared for me to say just that. But I hate (and resent, more importantly) when it's perceived that anyone who claims to like the new stuff will like JUST ANY PIECE OF MATERIAL they put out there because it's Rush, etc. The whole sheep argument.

Well just because you're constipated doesn't mean I'm the one that's full of shit.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 16 2012, 09:25 AM)
I very much enjoy recent Rush, the sonics of Vapor Trails not withstanding. As you say, folks are entitled to not enjoy what the band's done recently, as am I to say I don't envy being that person. That's different from loving everything the band does. If CA is shite, then be prepared for me to say it will. I hate it when it's perceived that anyone who claims to like the new stuff will like JUST ANY PIECE OF MATERIAL they put out there because it's Rush, etc. The whole sheep argument.

Well just because you're constipated doesn't mean I'm the one that's full of shit.

goodpost.gif

applaudit.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 16 2012, 05:59 AM)

I would eat it. Goddamnit, I'd eat the whole thing! yes.gif drool1.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 16 2012, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 16 2012, 05:59 AM)

I would eat it. Goddamnit, I'd eat the whole thing! yes.gif drool1.gif 1287.gif

I did - and the next morning is not very pretty

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Mar 16 2012, 08:25 AM)
I very much enjoy recent Rush, the sonics of Vapor Trails not withstanding.  As you say, folks are entitled to not enjoy what the band's done recently, as am I to say I don't envy being that person.  That's different from loving everything the band does.  If CA is shite, then be prepared for me to say it will.  I hate it when it's perceived that anyone who claims to like the new stuff will like JUST ANY PIECE OF MATERIAL they put out there because it's Rush, etc.  The whole sheep argument.

goodpost.gif

I wasn't thrilled with VT, but I listened to it enough that there are songs I really like. I guess it was due to a "thank goodness they're back together" high. Just like with S&A (and even the new VH release) - a lot of things didn't grab me right away, but the more I listened, the more I started finding little things here and there that I really liked.

Just like with a new food, or a new beer - sometimes it doesn't hit you right away, but after time it grows on you.

I think if you take all the Rush songs I don't like - it would be about enough for a full album. I'm sure it's more than some, and MUCH less than others laugh.gif

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 16 2012, 03:11 AM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 15 2012, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 16 2012, 12:34 PM)

Wasn't that difficult

"Nobody is negative just for the sake of being negative"? But earlier you said, "Sometimes I'm negative because it's fun." confused13.gif

Don't worry, I'm not being negative. I'm giving you more spice in your life. pokey.gif

The results are fun.

I don't know man. You mainly seem to say contradictory things. And it doesn't even seem like you realize it. I can imagine you posting these...

Your 1st post: Tom Sawyer needs to be dropped from their setlist. It's good but not that good. I've heard enough of it and I'm sure a lot of other fans have too.

Your 2nd post: Tom Sawyer is such a great song and a worthy staple to their live gigs. I can't wait to hear it on the next tour.

Your 3rd post: I think you missed my point about what I was saying about Tom Sawyer.

Catch the drift.

Not really.