So much negativity

Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 20 2012, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 20 2012, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Mar 20 2012, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 16 2012, 09:59 AM)
I'll say Rush have been shit for 25 years to anybody's face, including the band. Mosbach thought he could stop me spewing my negativety and gave up.
If I really did meet up with Peart or the band I'd be the model of courtesy, cos I'm English and nobody does good manners like English "Old-Rush" fans...

Can you give us the full story? Did you confront Mosbach at a Rush show?

I can tell you, i was there . What i remember was ,Tony R parked his Skateboard in Rush's V.I.P parking space . Mosbach saw him and started to explain the "This is Neil's spot for his Motorcycle " and he would have to park his Skateboard in the Public parking lot where all the other Neil Zombies park . Tony then said " Listen here , I am the bands Biggest Fan, i Worship Neil and we have a connection that the other Zombies don't ". Mosbach Said " Neil Hates You and everyone else that buy's his albums and books and tickets " Tony then said " Well, Fu*k You , Rush Sucks and has Sucked for the last 25 years and you know what ? You Suck as well Fanboy " The last thing i remember is Tony throwing a Beer in his face and hitting him over the head with a copy of Relayer .

True story

trink39.gif

Yup. I saw it. It was a cassette of Relayer. The sharp corners cut Mosbach's cheek.

He cried like a little girl.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 20 2012, 06:11 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 20 2012, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 20 2012, 05:52 PM)
I'll say Rush have been shit for 25 years to anybody's face, including the band. Mosbach thought he could stop me spewing my negativety and gave up.
If I really did meet up with Peart or the band I'd be the model of courtesy, cos I'm English and nobody does good manners like English "Old-Rush" fans...

I can tell you, i was there . What i remember was ,Tony R parked his Skateboard in Rush's V.I.P parking space . Mosbach saw him and started to explain the "This is Neil's spot for his Motorcycle " and he would have to park his Skateboard in the Public parking lot where all the other Neil Zombies park . Tony then said " Listen here , I am the bands Biggest Fan, i Worship Neil and we have a connection that the other Zombies don't ". Mosbach Said " Neil Hates You and everyone else that buy's his albums and books and tickets " Tony then said " Well, Fu*k You , Rush Sucks and has Sucked for the last 25 years and you know what ? You Suck as well Fanboy " The last thing i remember is Tony throwing a Beer in his face and hitting him over the head with a copy of Relayer .

True story

trink39.gif

Yup. I saw it. It was a cassette of Relayer. The sharp corners cut Mosbach's cheek.

He cried like a little girl.

You guys must have been really drunk because that's not at all how I remember it.

You left out the parts about the haggis and Tony's tallywhacker.

You're right. After a night spent in the burns unit, Tony will never microwave haggis again. His poor tallywhacker.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 20 2012, 12:52 PM)

True story

trink39.gif

Cool, thanks! tongue.gif

I thought it might have been some psychic mind control thing, like Neil used on Solaris Blueraven (MKULTRA). ph34r.gif

Edited by They Bow Defeated

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Mar 19 2012, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Mar 17 2012, 12:29 PM)
Negativity and opinions are completely different things. Lots of people don't like their newer material a whole lot.......and the fanboys have trouble dealing with it.

See, you make a valid point but then play the Fanboy card. facepalm.gif You guys always complain about being called Trolls or Haters, but then throw around the Fanboy label. (Fanboi, if you want to really stick it to us.)

I don't mind hearing critical opinions, and have problems myself with some new Rush, mostly Bones and Echo. But it's this cliqueish superiority complex that really bugs me, this idea that you're only really a fan if you dislike most everything Rush has done after 1981 or 1985. eh.gif

And I still don't understand why some folks would spend so much time on a website dedicated to a band who has dissapointed them for maybe three decades. eh.gif I was a Dream Theater fan back in the 90s, and can't imagine spending a lot of time on their websites bashing their last few albums. I just don't understand the appeal. confused13.gif

goodpost.gif

And they fling that appellation around without a hint of irony.... eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Mar 21 2012, 02:53 AM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Mar 20 2012, 03:33 PM)
Solaris Blueraven (MKULTRA). ph34r.gif

Oh NO, Not Again!!! rofl3.gif

Forgot about her, how is she these days???

Wait a minute, getting a signal from the 78th dimension....

Yup, she's doing fine.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 21 2012, 08:41 AM)
QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Mar 21 2012, 02:53 AM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Mar 20 2012, 03:33 PM)
Solaris Blueraven (MKULTRA). ph34r.gif

Oh NO, Not Again!!! rofl3.gif

Forgot about her, how is she these days???

Wait a minute, getting a signal from the 78th dimension....

Yup, she's doing fine.

music.gif

Said blue, blue

[hinking about solaris blue

That big coo coo

Didn't she mess with Adrian Belew too?

music.gif

Quit picking on her!!! Just because you can't comprehend her brilliance, doesn't mean she isn't crazy...I mean brilliant!

For those of you who are interested, here is a link to her amazing book!

http://www.amazon.com/Transmutation-Throug..._pr_product_top

Also, if you want to see something funny as all-get-out, read this review that contains a paragraph from her book:

Where to start? From dislocated thoughts to fractured sentences, this book shows that anything can get published.

"Relationships can also suffer in a vapor trail."; "Once again against Universal Law and as Star Trek would reflect the Prime Directive."; "Music often played in ones elf field. In my circumstance a yes 'drum solo' by the professor."; "why is that you may ask? radio broadcast frequencies my friends. Not to be medicated by the way."; "We at will manifest our own reality working with full light Ascension frequencies"; "Having a powerful telepathic ability to start with and being a clear Multidimensional Channel/empath gave me an advantage as my knowing of who and what I AM vs the mind control projects designed to erase ones databanks or memories and digitise was over rode"; "In between the spaces of my own thoughts where there is no intrusion I run the energy and holographic grids on a multiuniversal level. The intrusions of which have attempted to prevent me from coming forward and exposing the truth have attempted to rewrite my thoughts NASA 101."

This book has to be the product of a demented mind. The author should seek help immediately.

Ahhhhhh......my mind...it's shutting down...signals transmitted...message received...can't t....y...p.......e wacko.gif

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 21 2012, 06:14 PM)
Quit picking on her!!! Just because you can't comprehend her brilliance, doesn't mean she isn't crazy...I mean brilliant!

For those of you who are interested, here is a link to her amazing book!

http://www.amazon.com/Transmutation-Throug..._pr_product_top

Also, if you want to see something funny as all-get-out, read this review that contains a paragraph from her book:

Where to start? From dislocated thoughts to fractured sentences, this book shows that anything can get published.

"Relationships can also suffer in a vapor trail."; "Once again against Universal Law and as Star Trek would reflect the Prime Directive."; "Music often played in ones elf field. In my circumstance a yes 'drum solo' by the professor."; "why is that you may ask? radio broadcast frequencies my friends. Not to be medicated by the way."; "We at will manifest our own reality working with full light Ascension frequencies"; "Having a powerful telepathic ability to start with and being a clear Multidimensional Channel/empath gave me an advantage as my knowing of who and what I AM vs the mind control projects designed to erase ones databanks or memories and digitise was over rode"; "In between the spaces of my own thoughts where there is no intrusion I run the energy and holographic grids on a multiuniversal level. The intrusions of which have attempted to prevent me from coming forward and exposing the truth have attempted to rewrite my thoughts NASA 101."

This book has to be the product of a demented mind. The author should seek help immediately.

Ahhhhhh......my mind...it's shutting down...signals transmitted...message received...can't t....y...p.......e wacko.gif

And they say there's nothing wrong with eating out of date processed food. Well, they're wrong!

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 20 2012, 12:41 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 20 2012, 07:41 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 20 2012, 02:26 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 20 2012, 04:21 AM)
QUOTE (Snowman @ Mar 20 2012, 12:14 AM)
Can someone tell me what describes an fanboy?

I like every album Rush have released.

YOU! tongue.gif

There are odd tracks here and there that I dont like (ex. Neurotica, Bet your life, I think Im going Bald, mainly the more "stupid/funny" songs from Rush, with the exception of Dog Years which I really dig).

Oh, ok, not you then. wink.gif

I don't know what the official definition of a fanboy/fanboi is (although I'm sure a quick trip to the urban dictionary will tell you that), but MY definition is someone who loves every single song from every album, or more commonly, and at minimum "finds something to like or love about every single song." They love every era of Rush equally. It's someone who is more than just forgiving of the band, makes excuses for every questionable act and gives them the benefit of the doubt for every single action they take, but refuses to say anything negative about anything Rush and loves and approves of everything they do. They get really annoyed when anyone says anything negative about Rush and take it oddly personally.

It's someone who is intensely emotionally invested in the band to the point of religious zealotry or borderline worship. They likely have learned enough about life from Rush lyrics to make you a little uncomfortable. scared.gif

That, or some variation of that. unsure.gif

Alsoooo.... they may or may not read every Neil Peart book, read every blog, listen to every interview, buy every magazine, try to get every album on vinyl, tries to get every promo release and poster possible, sees every concert within a 100 mile radius (and will sometimes travel further or much further), has an extremely large Rush bootleg collection, buys every live album, DVD, Japanese SHM pressing, etc., etc. They probably don't do ALL of those things, but does at least a few of them. They've almost surely read at least a couple Ayn Rand books. tongue.gif

Damn...I do some of those things, but not all. And I dislike Feedback sad.gif

I also don't buy all Neil's books or read his blog. sad.gif

And there are songs on albums that I don't like, but there are songs on every album that I do like. eh.gif

I don't have to own everything the band puts out, in fact I don't own any greatest hits except Chronicles, but damn it if it didn't come out the same year I became a fan! sad.gif

It's looking bleak for me. I don't live my life thru Neil's lyrics, in fact I believe in GOD! fists crying.gif

F**K ME! I'm no fanboy! Son of a bitch! rage.gif

Oh well, I do try to give them the benefit of the doubt on stuff though!!! smile.gif

I guess I'm just regular old fan. sad.gif facepalm.gif NO, I'm not crying under my hand!

Sorry man, but I think with a little more concerted effort you CAN be a fanboy, or even the ultra-fanatic fanboi with an I. I believe in you. You can do it! yes.gif cheer.gif

That hurt man...I feel that sarcasm! You already have me pegged as the ULTIMATE fanboI! Damn that hurts...I mean, damn that's cool! laugh.gif

Heck yeah!

On all of the very very few songs I dont like I do find something to like. F.ex on Neurotica, it really is just the chorus that is stupid. The rest of the song is OK, bordering to good!

So, I guess I am an fanboi afterall! cheer.gif

QUOTE (Snowman @ Mar 21 2012, 11:56 AM)

YOU! tongue.gif

There are odd tracks here and there that I dont like (ex. Neurotica, Bet your life, I think Im going Bald, mainly the more "stupid/funny" songs from Rush, with the exception of Dog Years which I really dig).

I don't know what the official definition of a fanboy/fanboi is (although I'm sure a quick trip to the urban dictionary will tell you that), but MY definition is someone who loves every single song from every album, or more commonly, and at minimum "finds something to like or love about every single song." They love every era of Rush equally. It's someone who is more than just forgiving of the band, makes excuses for every questionable act and gives them the benefit of the doubt for every single action they take, but refuses to say anything negative about anything Rush and loves and approves of everything they do. They get really annoyed when anyone says anything negative about Rush and take it oddly personally.

It's someone who is intensely emotionally invested in the band to the point of religious zealotry or borderline worship. They likely have learned enough about life from Rush lyrics to make you a little uncomfortable. scared.gif

Alsoooo.... they may or may not read every Neil Peart book, read every blog, listen to every interview, buy every magazine, try to get every album on vinyl, tries to get every promo release and poster possible, sees every concert within a 100 mile radius (and will sometimes travel further or much further), has an extremely large Rush bootleg collection, buys every live album, DVD, Japanese SHM pressing, etc., etc. They probably don't do ALL of those things, but does at least a few of them. They've almost surely read at least a couple Ayn Rand books. tongue.gif

And there are songs on albums that I don't like, but there are songs on every album that I do like. eh.gif

I don't have to own everything the band puts out, in fact I don't own any greatest hits except Chronicles, but damn it if it didn't come out the same year I became a fan! sad.gif

It's looking bleak for me. I don't live my life thru Neil's lyrics, in fact I believe in GOD! fists crying.gif

Oh well, I do try to give them the benefit of the doubt on stuff though!!! smile.gif

I guess I'm just regular old fan. sad.gif facepalm.gif NO, I'm not crying under my hand!

Sorry man, but I think with a little more concerted effort you CAN be a fanboy, or even the ultra-fanatic fanboi with an I. I believe in you. You can do it! yes.gif cheer.gif

That hurt man...I feel that sarcasm! You already have me pegged as the ULTIMATE fanboI! Damn that hurts...I mean, damn that's cool! laugh.gif

Heck yeah!

On all of the very very few songs I dont like I do find something to like. F.ex on Neurotica, it really is just the chorus that is stupid. The rest of the song is OK, bordering to good!

b_sigh.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 21 2012, 06:17 PM)

YOU! tongue.gif

Heck yeah!

b_sigh.gif

Wow...people really liking everything RUSH puts out really bothers you!

Sorry for derailing the "negativity thread" with some positivity! tongue.gif

How's this. I really don't like Feedback. I wish they would have never put that out. Who do they think they are putting out a tribute album to some of their favorites! Not only that, it sounds like shit! (the shit comment is just added for effect, I don't think it sounds that bad, I still don't like it though!)

Feedback is the one RUSH album that I NEVER listen to. (I'm not joking either!!!)

Does that help at all? confused13.gif

QUOTE (myturn2drive @ Mar 15 2012, 02:51 PM)
Hey...new guy on the forum.  Been a Rush fan since I was 15 (that was 1989 BTW)
First "New" rush album I purchased was Presto (still a fave because it was my first)...went back and worked my way through the catalogue...and have been a Rush fanatic ever since.  I have been lurking for awhile...I feel about Rush the way I do about life.  Do I agree with a lot of people that the "old school" albums are better...yes.  But I also wish i was 15 again...but Rush will never re-do Moving Pictures or Hemisphere just like I will never be 15 again. The music of Rush keeps evolving...my god...just the fact that they are still making music, and are more relevant now than ever is a miracle.  I really thought, after the dark year that was 1997-1998 that there would never be another Rush album, and more importantly, another tour.  I do agree that those who don't like the newer music have a right to their opinion, but If you don't like the band anymore, why waste time posting on a site with nothing but negative stuff?  I used to love Queensryche, but since Empire I think they've gone in the tank...guess what, i don't go on any Queensryche fan forums just to complain about the new queensryche music!  Anyway...nuff said

Hey there...welcome to the forum. Great post. Just wanted to say you kind of mirror me as a Rush fan...Presto was my first Rush album at the same age...had to "discover" the whole catalog from that point.

Also feel the same way about Queensryche as you do... trink39.gif

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 21 2012, 05:42 PM)

YOU! tongue.gif

Heck yeah!

b_sigh.gif

How's this. I really don't like Feedback. I wish they would have never put that out. Who do they think they are putting out a tribute album to some of their favorites! Not only that, it sounds like shit! (the shit comment is just added for effect, I don't think it sounds that bad, I still don't like it though!)

Feedback is the one RUSH album that I NEVER listen to. (I'm not joking either!!!)

Actually, I dont like Feedback either. It was a stupid idea. And when they first did this they could have picked more interesting songs. Like from the bands they say have inspired them; Led Zeppelin, Yes, King Crimson, Genesis, etc.

And not Buddy Holly or whatever and God Knows What.

So I officially does not like Feedback.

But I am still a Fanboi! cheer.gif

QUOTE (Snowman @ Mar 22 2012, 04:41 AM)

YOU! tongue.gif

Heck yeah!

b_sigh.gif

Actually, I dont like Feedback either. It was a stupid idea. And when they first did this they could have picked more interesting songs. Like from the bands they say have inspired them; Led Zeppelin, Yes, King Crimson, Genesis, etc.

Unfortunately, you, as well as I, have to take off the "I" at the end of fanboi and replace it with a "Y" because we don't like Feedback. laugh.gif

Now we are just Fanboys sad.gif

And I totally agree, song selection is what killed Feedback for me. Throw in some Led Zeppelin, at the least, and I like it way more than I do now.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 22 2012, 03:28 AM)
QUOTE (Snowman @ Mar 22 2012, 04:41 AM)

YOU! tongue.gif

Heck yeah!

b_sigh.gif

Unfortunately, you, as well as I, have to take off the "I" at the end of fanboi and replace it with a "Y" because we don't like Feedback. laugh.gif

Now we are just Fanboys sad.gif

And I totally agree, song selection is what killed Feedback for me. Throw in some Led Zeppelin, at the least, and I like it way more than I do now.

I don't know. I think you can probably be a fanboI as opposed to fanboY and still not be into Feedback. It's maybe the one exception. tongue.gif