Van Halen single "TATTOO" - reaction thread

BTW . Has anyone seem to notice that Wolfie is hardly in the vid at all ? The band photo with the workers at the club where they rehearsed , Wolfie is in the back of the photo with the workers and Dave, Al and Ed are in front ? I am sure Interscope has Everything to do with this biggrin.gif . That and the fact that Wolfie is the Youngest in the band and is the worst shape of anyone in the band. Valerie should have a few diet pills left no ? Help your son out, he looks like a Roadie. Edited by metaldad

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2012, 01:03 PM)
BTW . Has anyone seem to notice that Wolfie is hardly in the vid at all ? The band photo with the workers at the club where they rehearsed , Wolfie is in the back of the photo with the workers and Dave, Al and Ed are in front ? I am sure Interscope has Everything to do with this biggrin.gif . That and the fact that Wolfie is the Youngest in the band and is the worst shape of anyone in the band. Valerie should have a few diet pills left no ? Help your son out, he looks like a Roadie.

Yeah, he looks real stiff in the video. Say what you will about M.A, but the guy knew how to work a stage..the kid still has some learning to do in that regard.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 11 2012, 01:55 PM)
"Up For Breakfast" is a pile of shite.

The lyrics on "Tattoo" are excellent.

My buddy from the UK was able to hear the new version of "Bullethead." before it was pulled!

He told me that it's going to blow my mind! Real classic Van Halen Hard Rock!!!!

I'm sure the Van Haters will change their mind when they hear that cut. 1022.gif

Just cuz someone doesn't like this song doesn't make them a "hater"

I don't like this song, and I don't like much of Dave's late solo stuff either. I do love VH though, and I want to like the new stuff.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 11 2012, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 11 2012, 01:55 PM)
"Up For Breakfast" is a pile of shite.

The lyrics on "Tattoo" are excellent.

My buddy from the UK was able to hear the new version of "Bullethead." before it was pulled!

He told me that it's going to blow my mind!  Real classic Van Halen Hard Rock!!!!

I'm sure the Van Haters will change their mind when they hear that cut. 1022.gif

Just cuz someone doesn't like this song doesn't make them a "hater"

I don't like this song, and I don't like much of Dave's late solo stuff either. I do love VH though, and I want to like the new stuff.

That's great news! You are NOT a Hater!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2012, 02:03 PM)
BTW . Has anyone seem to notice that Wolfie is hardly in the vid at all ? The band photo with the workers at the club where they rehearsed , Wolfie is in the back of the photo with the workers and Dave, Al and Ed are in front ? I am sure Interscope has Everything to do with this biggrin.gif . That and the fact that Wolfie is the Youngest in the band and is the worst shape of anyone in the band. Valerie should have a few diet pills left no ? Help your son out, he looks like a Roadie.

Hmmm...I would bet that it was Eddie's decision.

"Ain't no way my son will get more camera time than me! No way!!"

wink.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 11 2012, 02:05 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2012, 02:03 PM)
BTW . Has anyone seem to notice that Wolfie is hardly in the vid at all ? The band photo with the workers at the club where they rehearsed , Wolfie is in the back of the photo with the workers and Dave, Al and Ed are in front ?  I am sure Interscope has Everything to do with this biggrin.gif .  That and the fact that Wolfie is the Youngest in the band and is the worst shape of anyone in the band. Valerie should have a few diet pills left no ? Help your son out, he looks like a Roadie.

Hmmm...I would bet that it was Eddie's decision.

"Ain't no way my son will get more camera time than me! No way!!"

wink.gif

laugh.gif I think it was more along the lines of Interscope wanting wolfie about as much as the rest of us biggrin.gif but we all know Ed is the Boss and he wants his son ,not Mike

If by picking 'Tattoo' as the first single they feel it's one of the better tracks on the album, that's a bad sign. I think I'll pass unless the album is amazing and they released the worst song first. Hopefully it'll be really good but my realistic expectations so far are confirmed. Perhaps they thought of it as more appropriate for radio.

Don't like the song very much or the video (kinda like 'Jump' in slow motion). It lacks the energy and excitement that made the early records so special and what is the hallmark of the original VH. I'm curious about the album but I'm not expecting any miracles.

I remember when Balance came out and "Don't Tell Me What Love Can Do" was played at midnight as NYE rolled into New Years Day. That song hit me as dirty and raw, and the opening guitar just hit hard and made you take notice. I was hoping for the same, but didn't get it. I'm sure this song will grow on me, but it didn't hit me out of the gate as I was hoping.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 11 2012, 03:09 PM)
I remember when Balance came out and "Don't Tell Me What Love Can Do" was played at midnight as NYE rolled into New Years Day. That song hit me as dirty and raw, and the opening guitar just hit hard and made you take notice. I was hoping for the same, but didn't get it. I'm sure this song will grow on me, but it didn't hit me out of the gate as I was hoping.

I remember reading in 1986 ,Eddie and Alex saying that new V.H. was a much better band with Sammy, Then i bought 5150 laugh.gif not so much

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2012, 03:24 PM)

I remember reading in 1986 ,Eddie and Alex saying that new V.H. was a much better band with Sammy, Then i bought 5150 laugh.gif not so much

Look out everybody METALDAD is in the thread, we better all gather round and see what he has to say... unsure.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 11 2012, 03:26 PM)

Look out everybody METALDAD is in the thread, we better all gather round and see what he has to say... unsure.gif

laugh.gif

Sammy should just go be the next Jimmy Buffett and be done with it already laugh.gif

I really like VH with Dave, and still liked them with Sammy. It wasn't the same, but I liked them for what they were. Were they better? No - they were different, but still pretty good to me.

I would put 5150 and For Unlawful... ahead of Diver Down, although Little Guitars is one of my favorite songs by VH.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2012, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 11 2012, 03:26 PM)

laugh.gif

wink.gif bncegrn.gif angel.gif joker.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 11 2012, 03:35 PM)
Sammy should just go be the next Jimmy Buffett and be done with it already laugh.gif

I would put 5150 and For Unlawful... ahead of Diver Down, although Little Guitars is one of my favorite songs by VH.

laugh.gif As long as you have Hang 'em High and The Full Bug, No Sammy album is better than a Dave album no.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2012, 03:44 PM)

laugh.gif As long as you have Hang 'em High and The Full Bug, No Sammy album is better than a Dave album no.gif

I disagree, but I know you would say that - that's why I started the other thread smile.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jan 11 2012, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 11 2012, 03:44 PM)

I disagree, but I know you would say that - that's why I started the other thread smile.gif

I know...................... laugh.gif