van Halen practicing at the Roxy in Hollywood

nobodys hero

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 6 2012, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 6 2012, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 6 2012, 07:04 PM)
Van Halen's "A Different Kind Of Truth" - Tracklisting:

1. Tattoo
2. She's The Woman
3. You and Your Blues
4. China Town
5. Blood and Fire
6. Bullethead
7. As Is
8. Honeybabysweetiedoll
9. The Trouble With Never
10. Outta Space
11. Stay Frosty
12. Big River
13. Beats Workin'

They're all demos from the '70's!!!! unsure.gif

Those are all demos? We know this? (I'm not a VH demo afficianado). Unless the titles all match, how could someone possibly know this?

The only ones I know for certain are demos are Bullethead and She's The Woman.

Here's a take on Bullethead for those who have never heard it:

I'm joking. Some people are complaining that all Van Halen is doing is reworking old material. I couldn't care less if they all end up being old demos reworked, though they're probably not. What little I heard, so far, I like.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ok brother. I thought all the titles actually matched up with old tunes. biggrin.gif As I say, I'm not a big demos afficianado so I wouldn't know without a bit of research.

I do know this: Bullethead and She's A Woman are rockin' tunes, so the album won't lack punch.

Edited by Presto-digitation

I don't know if they're demos or not, and I'm not saying that re-worked demos are inherently *bad*... I just think they're inherently *less interesting* than something written recently. They might be wonderful, but if they are... it's because they came directly from the era in which Van Halen was great and only further cements my opinion (my opinion) that they lost the last of any creative ability they had 25 years ago.

But we'll see.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 6 2012, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 6 2012, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 6 2012, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 6 2012, 07:04 PM)
Van Halen's "A Different Kind Of Truth" - Tracklisting:

1. Tattoo
2. She's The Woman
3. You and Your Blues
4. China Town
5. Blood and Fire
6. Bullethead
7. As Is
8. Honeybabysweetiedoll
9. The Trouble With Never
10. Outta Space
11. Stay Frosty
12. Big River
13. Beats Workin'

They're all demos from the '70's!!!! unsure.gif

Those are all demos? We know this? (I'm not a VH demo afficianado). Unless the titles all match, how could someone possibly know this?

The only ones I know for certain are demos are Bullethead and She's The Woman.

Here's a take on Bullethead for those who have never heard it:

I'm joking. Some people are complaining that all Van Halen is doing is reworking old material. I couldn't care less if they all end up being old demos reworked, though they're probably not. What little I heard, so far, I like.

Hahahaha!! I caught your sarcasm buddy! Good one!!!!

This record is going to kick ass!! trink39.gif

Is Van Halen covering Lizzy's "Chinatown?" wink.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 7 2012, 09:59 AM)
I have serious doubts that EVERY track is a demo back from the 1970s.

Same here. If they are and i Never heard them ? It's New to me wink.gif

And that's just it, isn't it? The average person is neither going to know nor care that She's The Woman is an old demo. They'll hear it on the radio and either like it or not. When 1984 came out, I loved House Of Pain immediately and didn't know for years that it was an old club tune that they'd dusted off. It was a song on their most recent album and it rocked. That's all I cared about.

Now if the band was including songs from old records -- meaning Running With The Devil 2012 and things like that -- I'd be more disappointed. I'm not a big demo/unreleased afficianado anyhow, so as you say...."it's new to me."

Plus a tune like Bullethead only exists on raw live tapes, recorded in really sketchy form. It'll be cool for an old piece of Van Halen to finally make it onto a record forever...

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 7 2012, 04:35 PM)
And that's just it, isn't it? The average person is neither going to know nor care that She's The Woman is an old demo. They'll hear it on the radio and either like it or not. When 1984 came out, I loved House Of Pain immediately and didn't know for years that it was an old club tune that they'd dusted off. It was a song on their most recent album and it rocked. That's all I cared about.

Now if the band was including songs from old records -- meaning Running With The Devil 2012 and things like that -- I'd be more disappointed. I'm not a big demo/unreleased afficianado anyhow, so as you say...."it's new to me."

Plus a tune like Bullethead only exists on raw live tapes, recorded in really sketchy form. It'll be cool for an old piece of Van Halen to finally make it onto a record forever...

Yeah, no way to know, so dont care (IMO). PLus if its an old demo w their old style, its prob good! smile.gif

What i don't understand is , they made us wait all these F-n years and the d.v.d they give us is Acoustic versions of songs ? Not something people would want to see , like a film about the Recording ? Lame

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jan 9 2012, 10:44 AM)
What i don't understand is , they made us wait all these F-n years and the d.v.d they give us is Acoustic versions of songs ? Not something people would want to see , like a film about the Recording ? Lame

Or maybe some vintage Live stuff.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jan 9 2012, 11:43 AM)

I can't believe they're not going to perform a private concert in my backyard!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 9 2012, 11:49 AM)

Exactly...I tried to book them for my birthday party last year, but Eddie was busy then. Those b*st*rds!!!!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 9 2012, 09:49 AM)

Dude....all you've got to do is save Brooke Shields from drowning and you're in!!!

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Jan 9 2012, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 9 2012, 09:49 AM)

Dude....all you've got to do is save Brooke Shields from drowning and you're in!!!

Fast times!

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jan 9 2012, 12:43 PM)

Why isn't there an official live album from the Roth era? Yet another parallel with Sabbath.