Is Rush the greatest band of all time?

GeddyLeeFender

Is Rush the greatest band of all time?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Is Rush the greatest band of all time?

• Of Course!
    • Almost..but I do know who is
    • No, but (insert) is!
    • NO WAY!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what that means, but like I said, take it for what it's worth. I'm just offering you an observation. I've been on this board for about 9 months, and it seems like your posts are often hostile or sarcastic. I'm not sure why, but that's how you come across to me. That might have something to do with how people react to you.

Just a thought. Your mileage may vary.

Cheers.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Dec 13 2011, 02:53 PM)
I don't know what that means, but like I said, take it for what it's worth. I'm just offering you an observation. I've been on this board for about 9 months, and it seems like your posts are often hostile or sarcastic. I'm not sure why, but that's how you come across to me. That might have something to do with how people react to you.

Cheers.

trink39.gif

Dont worry about it. He's British.

Presto, you could take a few pointers from this guy on how to get your point across without sounding desperate or just plain angry.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Dec 13 2011, 05:44 PM)

Cheers.

trink39.gif

Presto, you could take a few pointers from this guy on how to get your point across without sounding desperate or just plain angry.

At least Presto doesnt post things like *sigh* in peoples polls, like real mature considering we have SO much to talk about waiting for CA. I strongly believe that either this forum has drastically changed in the past year or a TON of people came over from the Counterparts forum because years ago there wasnt ever this much hostility...ridiculous.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Dec 13 2011, 05:06 PM)

Cheers.

trink39.gif

At least Presto doesnt post things like *sigh* in peoples polls, like real mature considering we have SO much to talk about waiting for CA. I strongly believe that either this forum has drastically changed in the past year or a TON of people came over from the Counterparts forum because years ago there wasnt ever this much hostility...ridiculous.

Some interesting points indeed...

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Dec 13 2011, 11:06 PM)

Cheers.

trink39.gif

<<sigh>>

The greatest act of sarcasm in the history of forums. Who knew? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Dec 13 2011, 08:06 PM)
no, it's the Beatles.

Sorry, I didn't read the thread before posting. I still thought it was about the greatest band ever and did not realize it had turned into a bitchfest. Carry on.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Dec 13 2011, 06:06 PM)

Cheers.

trink39.gif

I've only been on this forum since summer of last year, but I've noticed a pretty big change, especially over the last few months. Even though most here are friendly and seem like cool people, there seems to be a decent amount of assholes who just want to bitch all day. I didn't see much of that when I joined. I still like most people here and I'll probably keep posting, but I really hope that the overall attitude changes.

****DISCLAIMER - This post has nothing to do with the thread, secondly, you don't have to even waste your time commenting on how you don't care or how worried you were that we wouldn't work out our differences, you can even save the facepalm.gif or any of the other faces to show how much you could care less. END OF DISCLAIMER****

To anyone who cares, which at this point, is no one.

Tony R and I have had a meeting of the minds via PM. Well, as close to one as we could come.

Even though we disagree on alot of stuff, it's fruitless to continue bashing each other.

So, Tony R, water under the bridge.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion on who the greatest band of all time is. (btw, the answer is RUSH so you don't have to waste your time re-reading the whole thread wink.gif )

Easily my favourite, but I must admit they're not the greatest band of all time. They didn't innovate any genre, they just took what was on the table and made it their own. Bands I would nominate for best of all time: The Beatles, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Michael Jackson.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Dec 13 2011, 07:21 PM)
I've only been on this forum since summer of last year, but I've noticed a pretty big change, especially over the last few months. Even though most here are friendly and seem like cool people, there seems to be a decent amount of assholes who just want to bitch all day. I didn't see much of that when I joined. I still like most people here and I'll probably keep posting, but I really hope that the overall attitude changes.

goodpost.gif

Been lurking a long time, and sadly have to agree. sad.gif

All the shouting voices of negativity seem to be slowly assuming control on TRF. Not as bad as Counterparts, but headed in that direction.

You wont find a bigger Rush fan than myself and I would absolutely rank them as one of the top 5 bands ever, but in my opinion, nonbody can top the Beatles for pure originality, innovation, melodicism and songwriting. Rush is great, but even they cant compete with the Beatles.

If anyone wants to talk about changing a genre, although he is not technically a "Band", you have to consider Elvis Presley as the one who really changed a whole generation, and opened up the door for such acts as The Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 13 2011, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeeFender @ Dec 13 2011, 11:06 PM)

Cheers.

trink39.gif

<<sigh>>

The greatest act of sarcasm in the history of forums. Who knew? confused13.gif

I prode myself on my sarcasm and find it a very underrated form of humor, but I have learned the hard way that it really doesn't translate well on internet forums. People miss it or just don't get it and I find myself just pissing people off....

BEATLES, most important band of all time.

RUSH, GREATEST band of all time. Individual talent, sales, longevity, etc....

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Dec 14 2011, 08:00 AM)
BEATLES, most important band of all time.

Yes, most important is definitely a very different question. Rush isn't even in that discussion. I would give the nod to The Beatles there along with Black Sabbath, Nirvana, Rolling Stones

QUOTE (third hand grace @ Dec 14 2011, 08:00 AM)

Greatest Band Of All Time = Your Opinon

Individual Talant = You need to listen to the Mahavishnu Orchestra

Sales = A ton of bands have sold Many more albums than Rush

Longevity = Stones, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Allman Brothers, Aerosmith, Yes, Tull , Sabbath etc. wink.gif