The Next Tour after Clockwork Angels

losingit2k

What Tour should Rush do after Clockwork Angels? Leave Set list!  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What Tour should Rush do after Clockwork Angels? Leave Set list!

• 2112 in its Entirety
    • All Instumental Tour
    • All Epics Tour
    • An Orchestra Tour
    • R45 Tour (Greatest Hits)
    • New CD Tour
    • Farwell to Fans Tour

I went with the All Epics Tour! I would really like to see that! the Set list would look like this!

Set 1:

The Camera Eye (Entire)

Jacobs Ladder

Clockwork Angels

Here Again

By - Tor & the Snowdog

The Necromancer

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

Natural Science

Working Man

Fountain of Lamneth

MalNar/ Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ Cygnus X-1

Hemispheres (Entire)

Xanadu (Entire)

Encore:

La Villa Strangiatto

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

Nice Tour! trink39.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice you included Fountain in your epics set this time. Right on! biggrin.gif

Both the Epics Tour and the Instrumentals Tour are cool concepts, but I voted for New CD Tour, as that would mean I'd have not only another concert to look forward to but a whole new album as well, and I want to get as much great music as possible out of these guys before they decide to call it a day.

An "R45" sort of thing seems the likeliest of the options, though.

Another cool idea is a "songs that have never been played live" tour. It'll never happen, but I believe I read an interview in which Alex said he'd enjoy doing it, and I for one would be happy to hear Rivendell. smile.gif

Edited by Cyclonus X-1

How about we look forward to the Clockwork Angels tour first? Sure it's fun to speculate stuff like this but there may not be a tour after the next one so there's really no need to get all hopeful about the possibility of another one yet.

No, damn it. For Rush fans you guys certainly MISS a lot of information.

THEY ARE SIGNED TO A TWO RECORD DEAL WITH ROADRUNNER TWO. NOT ONE.

Gah, sorry, but i'm tired of hearing "It's definitely the last one."

Look at the press release. or somewhere, I know I saw it somewhere around that time!

Anyway!! I chose all epics, but I'd really take TFOL and Hemispheres out (the two best. lol.) because RIP GEDDY'S VOICE.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Dec 9 2011, 11:42 AM)
RIP GEDDY'S VOICE.

NO!! Geddy still sounds good to me, he just can't sing the old stuff properly.

there's a difference! wink.gif

Yes did this about a decade ago and I enjoyed it. I don't know if I want to hear Rush rehash the "epics". Besides, they still play a good amount of those songs. It was good to hear all of 2112 in 96 and 97, but there are portions of that song that worked better (for me) in the 70s. I like the R30 version with Finale included. I love FOL and Hemispheres is my favorite, but I don't think I would want them to do all of them. I like what they have become and love to hear a gem or two thrown in like they have done over the last 20 years. For me, I would love to hear another medley like they did on the RTB tour. That was excellent. A medley of the epics that would come in around 20 minutes would be great for me. That is my take, I know it may not be popular. Edited by micgtr71

Really?! We're speculating about the tour after the next one?! eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Dec 9 2011, 09:50 AM)
I'm not even sure there will be a tour after CA. Have they hinted this might be the last studio record?

I've heard Geddy mention in more than one recent interview that they are playing better than they ever have and they still love to play live. I can't imagine that that would change so quickly to "oh, we're elderly and just can't play well enough anymore."

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Dec 9 2011, 12:42 PM)
Anyway!! I chose all epics, but I'd really take TFOL and Hemispheres out (the two best. lol.) because RIP GEDDY'S VOICE.

Nah, he's scale it down to be manageable. No way he would try to hit the notes he did back then. NO WAY.

All Epics it is!

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Dec 9 2011, 12:43 PM)
A medley of the epics that would come in around 20 minutes would be great for me. That is my take, I know it may not be popular.

Actually, I don't think that's a bad idea at all. As much as a lot of us would enjoy it, there's no chance of an epics tour ever happening, but a medley of epics seems reasonable. It would take a lot of creativity on their parts to pull it off; it'd be interesting to see how they would dissect the songs and meld different pieces together. I guess the big concern is that they actually have quite a few epics and some would have to be pared down to mere snippets to make the whole piece a reasonable length. Anyway, while it's not something that's likely to happen, it's fun to think and talk about. biggrin.gif

Look at the press release. or somewhere, I know I saw it somewhere around that time!

Right, and the first record was Time Machine Live.

QUOTE (FeelingUnlimited @ Dec 9 2011, 02:16 PM)

goodpost.gif

My dream would be a instrumental tour with orchestra preferably with songs that had not much vocals and songs that haven't been played for a long time or often, like Jaccob's Ladder, Losing It, Cygnus-X-I, Where's my Thing,Manhattan Project, Different Strings, The Necromancer...

I am just dreaming... cool10.gif

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Dec 9 2011, 05:30 PM)
I want Rush to tour smaller venues with a lot of deep cuts and B-sides. Jack up the price of the tickets and keep it exclusive and intimate. I think a set up like that could be very successful for Rush.

B-sides?

QUOTE (FeelingUnlimited @ Dec 9 2011, 02:16 PM)

I stand corrected.

I honestly took that to mean 2 studio albums, not a live album and a studio album. tongue.gif

When radio stations used to get their singles, on the back side (the B-side) of the record, they would have lesser played secondary tracks. For instance, when Limelight was sent out as a single, YYZ appeared on the B-side. When Tom Sawyer was sent out as a single, Witch Hunt and A Passage to Bangkok were on the B-Side. Circumstances was the B-Side to The Spirit of Radio...

Basically I'm just calling for more 'off-the-beaten-track' songs. Lesser known stuff.

2014 would mean 30 years of GUP. So - the second set should be the mighty mighty GUP in its entirety and a number of 80s gems, partly from deep in the vaults (Open Secrets, Red Tide and Losing It being my personal No. 1 choices).

For the first half - The first LP will be 40 then. Though I'm not sure I would want to here that in its entirety. Here Again and Before And After would be slick, though.

And there's still time left to play the obvious standards.

Won't happen?

Right, I'll go with the CA tour and hope they come to Germany again.

Edited by barchetta90480

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Dec 9 2011, 05:55 PM)
When radio stations used to get their singles, on the back side (the B-side) of the record, they would have lesser played secondary tracks. For instance, when Limelight was sent out as a single, YYZ appeared on the B-side. When Tom Sawyer was sent out as a single, Witch Hunt and A Passage to Bangkok were on the B-Side. Circumstances was the B-Side to The Spirit of Radio...

Basically I'm just calling for more 'off-the-beaten-track' songs. Lesser known stuff.

Yeah I know what a B-side is. I thought you might mean some non-album tracks. Aside from the first single and some live cuts there are none. I should have clarified that.

Actually a few deep album cuts would be almost as good as non-albums songs since they are not played much anymore. The set lists have become a little too close to each other for my tastes since the Vapor Trails tour.

It's been a while so I would like to see the return of Fear with part IV added. That would be quite epic-ish.

I want Jacob's Ladder for sure.

Some of the older songs would be hard on Geddy, but there are a bunch of 1990s songs that have never been played live. Like them or not the songs tend to get heavier and thicker when played live, especially the ones produced by Rupert Hine.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Dec 9 2011, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Dec 9 2011, 07:48 PM)

It's been a while so I would like to see the return of Fear with part IV added.  That would be quite epic-ish.

This is at the absolute TOP of my Rush wish list.

I completely agree! they should bring back fear and present it with Freeze!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif