Twilight

Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Nov 11 2011, 05:34 PM)
between that and the sex scene, it almost got an R rating. kind of wish it would've. but idk, i'm still gonna see it. me and a thousand 14 year olds laugh.gif i'll probably go while they're in school lol

There would have been some controversy had it gotten the R since Meyer is a somewhat devout Mormon and I know that a lot of devout ones avoid R rated movies regardless of whether it's deserving or, in the case of The King Speech, not.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 11 2011, 03:39 PM)
Okay, here are my thoughts: (Spoilers for this movie and the next..)
- Jacob Black can stay, but he has to be a werewolf, not a shapeshifter. He must also always keep his shirt off while in human form.
- Emmett Cullen can stay, but he has to go on epic adventures with Jacob in Canada where they fight bad guys and just in general be awesome.
- Dan Bergstein must make a cameo appearance.
- Edward and Bella should've died at the beginning of the first book. Preferably by the end of the first chapter.
- MORE VOLTURI. Also the one creepy leader guy, I think his name is Caius, looks SO MUCH LIKE Lucius Malfoy (of Harry Potter) that it's almost creepy. Oh, and they need to not be lame. They need to actually DO what they promise to do, which is enforce laws and not let whiny teenagers dictate their actions.

Unfortunately none of these will ever happen, because that's not how Hollywood works, so instead of going to see Twilight, I'll just go to Best Buy and get HP7, part II on DVD and watch it until I'm sick of seeing Ralph Fiennes, which will be... never, because he's amazing and that's that.

goodpost.gif

I agree with everything there. Pretty much sums it up. smile.gif

(Except for the Jacob bit. If I agreed with that it'd be sort of creepy tongue.gif)

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 11 2011, 08:10 PM)
I know for some reason it's popular to hate these, but I think the movies are GREAT. I haven't read the books, nor do I plan to, but I love the movies, and my wife does too. My mother and sister are major Twihards. I seriously don't get THAT level of devotion, but I still think the movies are great enjoyable stories. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Gooby...so, you like these movies, but you can't find one good thing to say about Vapor Trails???!

What gives Bro? tongue.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Nov 18 2011, 02:14 PM)
I know for some reason it's popular to hate these, but I think the movies are GREAT.  I haven't read the books, nor do I plan to, but I love the movies, and my wife does too.  My mother and sister are major Twihards.  I seriously don't get THAT level of devotion, but I still think the movies are great enjoyable stories. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Gooby...so, you like these movies, but you can't find one good thing to say about Vapor Trails???!

goodpost.gif

And one other thing - you sure you want "ED" in big letters in your avatar? Might prevent you from getting any of the ladies here to take notice icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Okay, random story time. In history class today, this girl I kind of like was talking to a friend, and she was talking about she was so excited for the 4th Twilight movie to come out. Then I threw up in my head. When she mentioned that it was actually going to be PART 1 of part 4, I swallowed that vomit, and puked again, followed by those wretched dry throw up, things you do when there is nothing to throw up.

-----> Direct quote from a stream of consciousness rant in my NaNo novel biggrin.gif

I've been slightly tempted to watch one of these movies to see if they're as incredibly dreadfully terribly contrived, inane and misogynistic as the books, but I already have enough things in my life that make me want to eat a jar of painkillers and put a bag over my head.

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Nov 18 2011, 03:59 PM)
I've been slightly tempted to watch one of these movies to see if they're as incredibly dreadfully terribly contrived, inane and misogynistic as the books, but I already have enough things in my life that make me want to eat a jar of painkillers and put a bag over my head.

Stay away then - they are wrought with teen angst and are very depressing at times.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 12 2011, 12:55 AM)
Much better than Twilight.

Everything is.

One of my roomies saw this and she said that the acting was.. um... not that great.

(But really, what could you expect, if ya ask me..)

(MOVIE/BOOK SPOILER AHEAD

RIGHT HERE

DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT)

Did they show the whole "Jacob-imprinting-on-Renesmee" in this half of the movie?

I personally just think that is super creepy beyond belief.

It's worse than Quil/Claire, haahahaha oh gawd.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 19 2011, 08:19 PM)
One of my roomies saw this and she said that the acting was.. um... not that great.

RIGHT HERE

Did they show the whole "Jacob-imprinting-on-Renesmee" in this half of the movie?

G*dammit!

Thanks for ruining the movie for me.

Next time hit return 30 times after you post a spoiler!

angry.gif

rage.gif

wink.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 19 2011, 08:19 PM)

RIGHT HERE

yes, they showed it. idk how it's described in the book, but he just looked at her and all these flash-foward scenes appeared. and yes, it is kinda creepy that he's looking at a baby that way lol

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Nov 18 2011, 12:14 PM)
I know for some reason it's popular to hate these, but I think the movies are GREAT.  I haven't read the books, nor do I plan to, but I love the movies, and my wife does too.  My mother and sister are major Twihards.  I seriously don't get THAT level of devotion, but I still think the movies are great enjoyable stories. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Of course - love the Twilight movies, hate VT - what's so hard to understand about that? tongue.gif

Regarding the whole spoilers thing, someone asked why I would go into a thread where there was a threat of spoilers. The answer is that I usually avoid them completely. Certain shows I love to death and have avoided their threads like the plague until I catch up on the DVD's, which means I might miss a year or two of conversation. Once I saw Jack's recent thread about spoilers, however, I thought things here might be different. Apparently they're not, though, and I'll in general continue to avoid threads until I've seen everything so there's no chance of finding out things I don't want to. Kind of a shame, but some people can't help themselves I guess.

Anyway, all that said, I just saw the new Twilight movie and it was truly amazing. Say what you will (and you will), but I think these are awesome entertaining movies (haven't read the books and don't plan to). If you've seen them and put them down, I respect your opinion. If you haven't and you put them down, I don't.

On Rottentomatoes, the movie has a 27% critic rating, and if you go to the Top Critic sub-section, it goes down to 21%.

But then if you look at the audience rating with over 50,000 people voting so far, it's 92%!

I find this fascinating, as I've never seen this large a discrepancy.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 20 2011, 05:54 AM)
On Rottentomatoes, the movie has a 27% critic rating, and if you go to the Top Critic sub-section, it goes down to 21%.

But then if you look at the audience rating with over 50,000 people voting so far, it's 92%!

There are a lot of teenage girls on the internet as opposed to adult critics.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Nov 20 2011, 08:00 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 20 2011, 05:54 AM)

There are a lot of teenage girls on the internet as opposed to adult critics.

eyesre4.gif

when i saw it there were men and women, boys and girls of all ages.