Twilight

Lost In Xanadu

Anyone watching these movies? My wife has made me go to the first 3 (3 - right?) and I fell asleep during the first 2. The 3rd was ok, she is very excited for the 4th one. Will likely be going next weekend with her.

Not my cup of tea, but I'll go for my wife.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer my modern vampire movies to be R rated with plenty of gore, not this sanitized version for the CW Network/Disney/Bieber/Kardashian generation. 062802puke_prv.gif

Dracula,Jerry Dandridge (both Sarandon AND Farrell) and others would make mincemeat out of Edward the wimp. laugh.gif Ditto that Dr. Pepper guy,Jack Nicholson and Lon Chaney regarding Jacob.

Edited by invisible airwave

I saw the first one with my girlfriend, who believed (note the past tense) the series was actually really good. While leaving the theater we both agreed the movie would have been better if Blade made a cameo and shot Edward the moment he appeared on screen.

I agree with the others, Vampire movies should have less sparkle, more blood and silver stakes/bullets.

Okay, here are my thoughts: (Spoilers for this movie and the next..)

- Jacob Black can stay, but he has to be a werewolf, not a shapeshifter. He must also always keep his shirt off while in human form.

- Emmett Cullen can stay, but he has to go on epic adventures with Jacob in Canada where they fight bad guys and just in general be awesome.

- Dan Bergstein must make a cameo appearance.

- Edward and Bella should've died at the beginning of the first book. Preferably by the end of the first chapter.

- MORE VOLTURI. Also the one creepy leader guy, I think his name is Caius, looks SO MUCH LIKE Lucius Malfoy (of Harry Potter) that it's almost creepy. Oh, and they need to not be lame. They need to actually DO what they promise to do, which is enforce laws and not let whiny teenagers dictate their actions.

Unfortunately none of these will ever happen, because that's not how Hollywood works, so instead of going to see Twilight, I'll just go to Best Buy and get HP7, part II on DVD and watch it until I'm sick of seeing Ralph Fiennes, which will be... never, because he's amazing and that's that.

However there is a release party being held in my dorm. WHOO. Guess where I'll be? In my room, writing a novel or watching Stargate, because let's face it, RDA, Chris Judge, and Michael Shanks are hotter than every guy in Breaking Dawn combined.

ok, i was bored one day and watched the first movie on one of the movie channels. i thought it was kinda dumb, but then watched it every time it came on. why? i have no idea. then the second came on and i figured, might as well. so then, i was curious, so i rented the third. it was hard to watch because it was so dark. so, here i am, 3 movies in, and i still think they're dumb. so, will i see the next 2? probably. laugh.gif i'm interested to see the birth scene, which is supposed to be intense.

i've never read the books, and i think they are completely stupid. i guess i just can't help it!

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Nov 11 2011, 03:52 PM)
i'm interested to see the birth scene, which is supposed to be intense.

Unless what comes out of that chick rips her apart from the inside cheer.gif then stands up, grabs a guitar and starts shredding Van Halen's "Eruption", I don't see how it could be all that intense.

QUOTE (Katana2112 @ Nov 11 2011, 11:55 AM)
I will not watch them.

I've snoozed through three of them.

My teen daughter liked the first three, but has little interest in the last two. She didn't like the final book, either.

From what I know of the story, I don't know how they'll get two movies out of it.

I know for some reason it's popular to hate these, but I think the movies are GREAT. I haven't read the books, nor do I plan to, but I love the movies, and my wife does too. My mother and sister are major Twihards. I seriously don't get THAT level of devotion, but I still think the movies are great enjoyable stories. yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 11 2011, 11:43 AM)
I'm from the Buffy generation - our vampires don't sparkle, they disappear in a *poof* of dust and debris.

Back when we were first dating, my wife got me into that show...and Angel too. Much better than Twilight.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Nov 12 2011, 12:55 AM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 11 2011, 11:43 AM)
I'm from the Buffy generation - our vampires don't sparkle, they disappear in a *poof* of dust and debris.

Back when we were first dating, my wife got me into that show...and Angel too. Much better than Twilight.

wub.gif heart.gif ANGEL!!! heart.gif wub.gif

My dad had this playing on TNT at 6 AM every morning without fail as he would get ready for work and I would get ready for school. Of course I watched it on my own, too, and Buffy as well (she's such a BAMF), but it brings back fond memories.

That and Charmed... Good, solid show there. John de Lancie guest starred a few times. laugh.gif (No, not as Q. As some big-wig.)

Why couldn't S. Meyer create a strong female lead (or at least supporting character) like those shows?! Or other books?!

On an entirely unrelated note,

I went and saw both parts Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows... for like the third or fourth time each, but it was amazing.

Save your money and just get that and some microwave popcorn. tongue.gif

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B*TCH!!"