last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s410/datura67/Screenshot_8_zpsfa038f0c.png

I actually watched this about a week ago, so it's not the last movie I watched, but the thread about Sleeper reminded me of it.

One of my favorites by Allen.

Edited by substancewithoutstyle
  • Like 1

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/327F4B80-7420-4ADC-92B6-1ACD6616DDCB-3863-0000029F01B282A4.jpg

Really enjoyed this movie!!

Empire Strikes Back. Still the best of the lot.

A New Hope > *

My son was talking about IV today...noting the lack of really cool creatures. The bar scene is epic, but beyond that he's right. V blew my mind when I first saw it, taking IV to the next level. Yoda is great. VI is a bit too campy, and the prequels...spotty.

Agreed, just edges out A New Hope for me...then all I care about is Revenge of the Sith. I need to revist these three soon.

I'm learnig to enjoy Episode I. Having a 7-year old to watch it with helps a ton.

A New Hope > *

My son was talking about IV today...noting the lack of really cool creatures. The bar scene is epic, but beyond that he's right. V blew my mind when I first saw it, taking IV to the next level. Yoda is great. VI is a bit too campy, and the prequels...spotty.

Yoda was way over the top in V. And I know he was essentially a muppet, but I thought his bouncy gate was a bit much. I know that V is the favorite of many, but to me, IV is the best. Of course Lucas went and ruined it with his CGI additions. And VI was just silly in terms of stupid little creatures burping and farting. Don't get me started on I - III. Although the battle scene at the end of II was pretty damn good.

Agreed, just edges out A New Hope for me...then all I care about is Revenge of the Sith. I need to revist these three soon.

I'm learnig to enjoy Episode I. Having a 7-year old to watch it with helps a ton.

Oh Goose, meesa so glad yousa likes Episode I, betcha betcha!!

Yeah, that would do it.

You know what slays me about Jar-Jar, is that he's such a caricature of pidgin dialect. Kids love him, but I know that it irks a lot of adult sensitive types. The pseudo-Asian dialect of the Viceroy kills me too.

Too bad the human actors in episode I are so flat. The movie is decent otherwise.

You know what slays me about Jar-Jar, is that he's such a caricature of pidgin dialect. Kids love him, but I know that it irks a lot of adult sensitive types. The pseudo-Asian dialect of the Viceroy kills me too.

Too bad the human actors in episode I are so flat. The movie is decent otherwise.

I have a feeling Episode VII is going to be great.

George Lucas can write an excellent story, but he sucks at dialogue, and choosing actors, and almost everything else except for special effects.

• Like 1

Ice Station Zebra

Really great stuff by Sir Patrick...had some decent roles late in life. A bevy of stars in cold war themes film. Some great scenes...some shitty sets. Jim Brown, Big Ernest, and Rock Hudson (who was really good BTW).

http://i.imgur.com/uMVwWTS.jpg

been trying to get this flick for a while...how were Kinski and Hayden?

They were good. Kinski's character seemed too smart to get into this kind of predicament but he played it very well of course. Hayden played an old big game hunter type with plenty of charisma. Oliver Reed was good too, his character was cracking me up with his stupid decisions. Nichol Willamson stole the show though as a hard case police commander. Also Sarah Miles was solid as a snake expert. And Susan George is always great as eye candy, her legs in the air death by deadly snake bite was strangely sexual! :LOL: