last movie you watched

sonicjams

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 22 2012, 09:15 PM)
Midnight in Paris. Great film.

I approach any new Woody Allen film like I do any upcoming new Rush album.

Wish and long for the days of there creative peak that they will somehow capture the spark once again and make something truly great from start to finish.. But more often then not settle for good enough. Ditto for Allen films, sure the era of classics like Annie Hall, Manhattan are long over. His movies been hit or miss last twenty years but think Woody has been on a upswing last couple of projects, perhaps because he films in Europe now and in particular Spain opens up a whole new world for him, and NYC finally was getting tiresome and uninspired, change was good. yes.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jan 22 2012, 09:51 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 22 2012, 09:15 PM)
Midnight in Paris.  Great film.

I approach any new Woody Allen film like I do any upcoming new Rush album.

Wish and long for the days of there creative peak that they will somehow capture the spark once again and make something truly great from start to finish.. But more often then not settle for good enough. Ditto for Allen films, sure the era of classics like Annie Hall, Manhattan are long over. His movies been hit or miss last twenty years but think Woody has been on a upswing last couple of projects, perhaps because he films in Europe now and in particular Spain opens up a whole new world for him, and NYC finally was getting tiresome and uninspired, change was good. yes.gif

Agree totally. MANY stinkers in the past 10 years. I thought this one was good. Nothing IMO can touch some of the old ones like you mentioned, and Hannah, Crimes & Misdemeanors...

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jan 28 2012, 05:24 PM)
Hugo 3D

First 3D viewing in theatres since Avatar. That's how picky I am when it comes to plopping a few extras bucks.

Well... How was it? tongue.gif

I was interested in seeing it.. smile.gif

The Help.

Sure, picking old scabs.. but a reminder of injustices of the past. Very well made film, great acting.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTM5OTMyMjIxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzU4MjIwNQ@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Edited by lerxt1990

Watched "the outlaw Josie Wales" on You-tube the other night.

Even after 36 yrs., it's still one of the best flicks ever!!

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jan 28 2012, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Jan 28 2012, 05:24 PM)
Hugo 3D

First 3D viewing in theatres since Avatar.  That's how picky I am when it comes to plopping a few extras bucks.

Well... How was it? tongue.gif

I was interested in seeing it.. smile.gif

Great movie which didn't surprise me since I'm a huge Marty fan. Loved Sir Ben's performance as well.

Moneyball

baseball statisticians will love this - it's not a 'sports movie' per se

you need at least a moderate knowledge (and love) of how the game is played mechanically and scientifically to get the most bang for buck here

I think it'd be a little too dry and 'boring' for anyone else