Watching A Movie WITH Commercials

Principled Man

Oh.....MY.....GAWD..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I sat down to watch The Last Samurai......and I had completely forgotten just how PAINFUL it was to watch a movie on TV with all those freekin commercials.....

http://www.montrealultimate.ca/files/u2021/Agony.jpg

Not a big deal to me. I use the time for other things. I generally will get up and get something done, or have a conversation with my wife or daughter.

but I'm older and growing up this was the only way to watch a movie.

Always look for another show on at the same time you can flip to during commercials. Don't let it be a show that will take you attention away from what you really wanna watch but just make it something you don't mind seeing two minutes of and the flipping back. I find reruns of old shows that i've seen a lot to come in handy here.

IFC was showing "The Shining" the other night. Amazing how commercials can ruin a movie. They put commercial breaks at the weirdest and worst spots during the last act, like,

"Heeeere's Johnny!"

"AHHHHHHH!!!"

*fade to black*

"Get your clothes whiter than white with...."

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 31 2011, 12:05 PM)
IFC was showing "The Shining" the other night. Amazing how commercials can ruin a movie. They put commercial breaks at the weirdest and worst spots during the last act, like,

"Heeeere's Johnny!"
"AHHHHHHH!!!"
*fade to black*

I think the movie intrepritation of the book is what ruined the movie not the commercials wink.gif

Ever since I saw War of the Worlds on TV, I promised myself that if I wanted to watch a movie, I would just go rent it. It's almost as if they do it intentionally to put commercials right in the middle of the best parts. I guess they believe that people will remember your product when they're the ones who cut your movie in two during the part you were paying the most attention to.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 31 2011, 01:05 PM)

Detergent companies still use that old line? tongue.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 31 2011, 01:11 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 31 2011, 12:05 PM)

"Heeeere's Johnny!"
"AHHHHHHH!!!"
*fade to black*

I think the movie intrepritation of the book is what ruined the movie not the commercials wink.gif

Yeah, that's another story. yes.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Oct 31 2011, 03:49 PM)
QUOTE (Khan @ Oct 31 2011, 01:13 PM)

Detergent companies still use that old line? tongue.gif

How do you get something whiter than white?

Why, with new and improved Sudz With Bleach! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 31 2011, 12:13 PM)
It's almost as if they do it intentionally to put commercials right in the middle of the best parts. I guess they believe that people will remember your product when they're the ones who cut your movie in two during the part you were paying the most attention to.

That's when you write those companies very angry letters, telling them that you will NEVER buy their products anymore....

....specifically because they ruined your movie watching experience.... 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Oct 31 2011, 01:58 PM)
Watching anything with commercials sucks.

Live Hockey? NFL?

Got's to watch it live commercials and everything otherwise you jinx the whole game if you DVR it-

Movies on USA are the worst. They start off with a commercial break every half hour or more, but towards the end of the movie, there is a break about every 7 minutes. It's the worst. DVR FTW!

I always watch sporting events live though.

Being a nurse and a bit of a health nut, my wife likes watching Biggest Loser and that show 100% has to be DVR'd. It takes them 45 minutes to weigh 10 people!! Not only that, but the host talks..... like..... this..... all.... throughout....... the show.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Oct 31 2011, 08:55 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 31 2011, 12:13 PM)
It's almost as if they do it intentionally to put commercials right in the middle of the best parts. I guess they believe that people will remember your product when they're the ones who cut your movie in two during the part you were paying the most attention to.

That's when you write those companies very angry letters, telling them that you will NEVER buy their products anymore....

....specifically because they ruined your movie watching experience.... 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

If I did that, I would have to write a lot of letters, specifically complaining about how loud the commercials are in comparison to the show. tongue.gif

I don't think it's really that bad. I watch lots of movies on TV, especially around Christmastime (because I am a total sucker for Christmas movies) and just in general. I like films, and if it means I have to sit through a few commercials, no harm done. Gives me time to refill a glass of water, get some food, do laundry, get dishes done, etc...

Besides, you're paying for all those cable channels. Why not take advantage?

With most sporting events, I can tape them if I start watching about a half hour in. But trying to avoid hearing about the games after they're over is torturous.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Nov 2 2011, 07:57 PM)
With most sporting events, I can tape them if I start watching about a half hour in. But trying to avoid hearing about the games after they're over is torturous.

I know what you mean.. Always got spoiled on games I really want to watch and HATED IT.

I also hate it when I accidentally do it to others laugh.gif Last year I send a text to my buddy congratulating him on Packers' win over Bears and he freaked out on me because he taped it and was actually on his way home from work to watch it doh.gif

"Heeeere's Johnny!"
"AHHHHHHH!!!"
*fade to black*

laugh.gif