Will Rush Do "Cinderella Man" On The "Clockwork

RUSHHEAD666

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 11 2011, 04:57 PM)
What's wrong with tuning down? It may be nice to hear songs in a key in which Ged can still sing with 60 year old vocal cords before they erupt from his throat in a fine spray during "each of us/a cell of awareness".

I've got no problem with down tuning songs. It's done by most bands as their singers age. There's just no way to expect any singer, not just Geddy, to be able to sing the same at 60 as the did in their mid 20s.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 11 2011, 06:06 PM)
What's wrong with tuning down? It may be nice to hear songs in a key in which Ged can still sing with 60 year old vocal cords before they erupt from his throat in a fine spray during "each of us/a cell of awareness".

I've got no problem with down tuning songs. It's done by most bands as their singers age. There's just no way to expect any singer, not just Geddy, to be able to sing the same at 60 as the did in their mid 20s.

music.gif Each of us / a cel...* BOOM!! *

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 11 2011, 04:45 PM)

laugh.gif

2112 sounds OK tuned down but I thought Circumstances sounded odd. Not sure how this would fare.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Oct 11 2011, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 11 2011, 04:45 PM)

laugh.gif

2112 sounds OK tuned down but I thought Circumstances sounded odd. Not sure how this would fare.

What makes the down tuning different for Rush is the rediculously high voice Geddy used to sing in. For other bands down tuning doesn't change the song that much. But due to Geddy singing like he just sucked in a balloon full of helium back in the 70s, the arrangement change is more noticeable.

Sure, if Geddy had sung back in the 70s like he did from MP onward, the songs would still be toned down a bit but it wouldn't sound as odd as Circumstances did on the S&A tour.

They also did a bit of Cygnus X-1 at the end of Working Man on the second leg of the Time Machine tour.

I thought I was the only person who liked Madrigal! Glad to hear it has other fans. I'd love this or Cinderella Man, but I'm not picky, since I've seen so few shows, and would love to hear any song I haven't heard live yet (which are many).

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 11 2011, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (MCM @ Oct 11 2011, 08:31 PM)
Let the bashing begin, but I think I'd rather hear Cinderella Man over Jacob's Ladder.

Me too trink39.gif

Whew! Thought I might be flogged for that statement.

Your sig says Buffalo? Must be the western NY influence. My first Rush show was at the Memorial Auditorium.

QUOTE (MCM @ Oct 11 2011, 06:44 PM)
Let the bashing begin, but I think I'd rather hear Cinderella Man over Jacob's Ladder.

Me too trink39.gif

Your sig says Buffalo? Must be the western NY influence. My first Rush show was at the Memorial Auditorium.

I love both songs too but if they played "Cinderella Man" over "Jacob's Ladder" I would live!!!

My first Rush show was at the Cow Palace in South San Francisco 1984!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 11 2011, 09:35 PM)

Me too trink39.gif

trink39.gif Join the club.

I just started it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (MCM @ Oct 11 2011, 08:44 PM)

Me too trink39.gif

It's not a western New York influence it's just what song I think is better wink.gif

I got into Rush when Counterparts came out. Unfortunately I didn't see them when they played the old, now tore down, memorial auditorium on that tour.

The first time I saw them was at the HSBC arena here on the second date of the T4E tour biggrin.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 12 2011, 09:16 PM)
QUOTE (MCM @ Oct 11 2011, 08:44 PM)

Me too trink39.gif

It's not a western New York influence it's just what song I think is better wink.gif

I got into Rush when Counterparts came out. Unfortunately I didn't see them when they played the old, now tore down, memorial auditorium on that tour.

The first time I saw them was at the HSBC arena here on the second date of the T4E tour biggrin.gif

The tour I saw at the Aud was HYF, I didn't see Counterparts or T4E. sad.gif I was sad when the Aud was torn down, now I'm sad that the Civic Arena here in Pittsburgh will be torn down too.

Cinderella Man is one of my favorites by Rush, and it's kinda a bummer that they don't play AFTK anymore either.

But I think what Rush are still able to do at their age is amazing, so if they can no longer pull off music from the era when they had ultramegasuperhuman abilities, I can't fault them for that. I wouldn't fault them if they just did their best with it, and fell short. I'd love to hear Cinderella Man, tuned down, or with regular tuning - I doubt Ged would do too bad with it. But Rush are perfectionists, and that's part of what makes them so awesome.

Edited by Kenny Olav

QUOTE (Kenny Olav @ Oct 13 2011, 09:37 PM)
Cinderella Man is one of my favorites by Rush, and it's kinda a bummer that they don't play AFTK anymore either.

But I think what Rush are still able to do at their age is amazing, so if they can no longer pull off music from the era when they had ultramegasuperhuman abilities, I can't fault them for that. I wouldn't fault them if they just did their best with it, and fell short. I'd love to hear Cinderella Man, tuned down, or with regular tuning - I doubt Ged would do too bad with it. But Rush are perfectionists, and that's part of what makes them so awesome.

goodpost.gif

If they play anything "out of the norm" of their usual set list (Jacob's Ladder, Cinderella Man, AFTK, etc.), then I will shit three separate bricks. I will mail one brick to Geddy, one to Alex, and one to Neil. I will attach a letter to each stating that they have won every possible award I could give them.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Oct 13 2011, 11:43 PM)
If they play anything "out of the norm" of their usual set list (Jacob's Ladder, Cinderella Man, AFTK, etc.), then I will shit three separate bricks. I will mail one brick to Geddy, one to Alex, and one to Neil. I will attach a letter to each stating that they have won every possible award I could give them.

goodpost.gif

Geddy, Alex and Neil can build a "Brick House."

Signed,

The Commodores

A model duck, a Man-drake

Went watching RUSH in the city

He had a need to discover

If Geddy Lee's voice was in good health

Peart is not human

but Lifeson has goodness

Geddy's high vocals

they called him a dame

Delusions of godhood

Peart's thin hair has no gender

Don't piss up his back

and tell him it's the rain

Doors wide open

bike unattended

wet drum riser all tarnished...

Cinderella Man

Alex and Geddy in their van

They can't understand

What Neil's lyrics mean

Cinderella Man

Geddy's fantasy baseball plans

Try as they might

Alex cannot steal his teams

RUSH fans in his room Neil awakened

determined to show them harsh reality

And with a look in the eyes of insanity

as they asked him "is the naked Hemisphere's guy you?"

He pulled up his britches

looking real angry

red-faced emotion

on his face like a stain

They tried to ask him

couldn't they meet him

after the concert

Neil said: "ARE YOU INSANE?

Cinderella Man

hiding out in the can

They can't understand

Why Neil is so mean

Cinderella Man

he hates all RUSH fans

every single night

he sees them in his dreams

ohhhhh nooooo

There are so many songs I would love to hear live one more time, but I don't think I ever will.

It would be great it they completely dumped all the "standards" we hear almost every tour and add some of the oldies after re-vamping them to Ged's current vocal range, but I know I'm dreaming. eh.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Oct 14 2011, 08:55 AM)

There are so many songs I would love to hear live one more time, but I don't think I ever will.
It would be great it they completely dumped all the "standards" we hear almost every tour and add some of the oldies after re-vamping them to Ged's current vocal range, but I know I'm dreaming. eh.gif

Hey Cindy!

The band will play "Cinderella Man" for you!

Love,

Cindyrella Woman 1022.gif

I can't wait to go back to Red Rocks!!!!!! 1287.gif