Worst snub by the R&R Hall of Shame besides Rush

driventotheedge

Which ONE of these artists is the biggest snub by the Hall of Shame?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which ONE of these artists is the biggest snub by the Hall of Shame?

• Jethro Tull
    • The Moody Blues
    • Yes
    • Electric Light Orchestra
    • Stevie Ray Vaughan
    • Judas Priest
    • Joe Cocker
    • King Crimson
    • The Doobie Bros.
    • The Steve Miller Band
    • Iron Maiden
    • Chicago
    • Bon Jovi
    • Deep Purple
    • Supertramp
    • Hall & Oates
    • Other (please comment)

I know any number of these are worthy but I decided to go with only one vote to see a "ratings" list. For me it's Stevie Ray hands down. I believe it's a huge joke that DP and Yes aren't also in but to me SRV should've been a slam dunk in his first year of eligibility. He is always in the discussion og greatest guitarists ever.

By the way, if this poll has been done, I apologize and mods please delete.

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Oct 2 2011, 12:19 PM)
Kiss

I meant to put them in. doh.gif My bad. Unable to edit to include Kiss (or unable to figure out how to change a poll).....mods please help?

While I like Maiden best on this list, metal has already been initially represented in the HoF (see Metallica).

Outside of Genesis (and they got in bc of the phil years - no way those clowns like the prog era), progressive rock is not represented.

YES deserves to get in and is the biggest snub.

Edited by greg2112

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Oct 2 2011, 04:55 PM)
While I like Maiden best on this list, metal has already been initially represented in the HoF (see Metallica).

Outside of Genesis (and they got in bc of the phil years - no way those clowns like the prog era), progressive rock is not represented.

YES deserves to get in and is the biggest snub.

But with Yes, what is the HoF going to recognize more? "Owner of a Lonely Heart" or "Close to the Edge"?

I went with The Moody Blues, if for no other reason than for how influential they were earlier than the other bands on the list I think deserve to be in. It's quite shocking to me that they're not in.

Outside of that, it would be a toss-up between Yes, Deep Purple, Jethro Tull and King Crimson. You didn't mention Kiss, and they would be high on my list as well.

My personal preference would be to say Yes, but Deep Purple probably deserve it even a tad more. I mean, those guys are the epitome of rock and roll. A RRHOF without Deep Purple? WTF is wrong with this picture???

http://www.thesunblog.com/sports/zoolander-mugatu-crazy-pills.jpg

I don't really pay attention to the R&RHF. tbf, the only ones on that list that even qualify as true rock and roll are SRV, and maybe the Doobie Brothers (Bon Jovi qualifies too I guess, but they don't deserve to be in anything)

The whole 10 year fiasco with Black Sabbath not getting in should've said to everyone that this place was a joke.

A big f***ing joke.

That said, yeah. Kiss for sure. I hate them, but damn are they totally rock n roll.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 2 2011, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 2 2011, 05:27 PM)
King Crimson. They should be in before Rush since they practically invented prog rock.

I didn't see KC in the list, yeah they should be in there...

Look again, I put King Crimson in there.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Oct 2 2011, 03:46 PM)
How did Hall & Oates get on that list?  I mean, yeah, they had a few big hits, but they were really banal rock lite as far as I'm concerned.  Might as well put in Air Supply while you're at it. unsure.gif

As for Hall & Oates, yeah, lame music lite but a lot of "hits" so IMO not nearly Air Supply. No, I don't like Hall & Oates, just consider them somewhat worthy of consideration. Same goes for Bon Jovi. Personally, I wouldn't vote for either but some people might.

Still frustrated I left Kiss out as an option cuz I meant to put them in (I'm not much of a fan but they are very worthy of consideration).

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Oct 2 2011, 07:04 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 2 2011, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 2 2011, 05:27 PM)
King Crimson. They should be in before Rush since they practically invented prog rock.

I didn't see KC in the list, yeah they should be in there...

Look again, I put King Crimson in there.

Yeah but what I said was, I didn't see it, I didn't say it wasn't there...

cool.gif