2012 Tour Medley

Gilbertk

On the Test 4 Echo and R30 tours (and maybe one or two I'm forgetting) Rush put together medleys of songs.

Now there are lots (LOTS) of songs I'm sure we'd all like to hear on the next tour that just can't happen to to Geddy's voice losing his higher range.

Would you be satisfied if they made another medley of these songs and what would you like to hear if they did? Am I the only one who thinks there's a good chance they will do this?

My list (In no order)

Xanadu

Finding My Way

Bastille Day

In the Mood

Cygnus X-1 or Hemispheres

Fly By Night

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Sep 19 2011, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 18 2011, 10:42 PM)
love the medleys...

would love to see them put together a cool cygnus x-1 and hemispheres medley

yes.gif please!

How cool would that be!

I think it would be really cool!

The fact is so much of the early stuff they "can't play" because of Ged's voice have such incredible music without the vocals I think they could be turned into a cool instrumental pretty easily.

I bet they could put together a really cool 7-8 minute instrumental of those 2 songs and re release it!

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Sep 28 2011, 10:57 PM)
A five to seven minute instrumental Caress of Steel medley.

Or a medley of Before & After (intro)/Anthem/In The Valley(acoustic to electric portion)/Grand Finale/A Farewell To Kings/Cygnus Books I & II

I'd at least like to hear Grand Finale. Even if they don't do al of 2112 (fingers crossed) I'd still like have them tag on Grand Finale.

The only medley I would want to hear is 2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale, I've seen videos of the R30 intro and it feels like a tease: you want more from it but you know you won't be getting any. I would rather full songs.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 29 2011, 10:50 AM)
The only medley I would want to hear is 2112 Overture/Temples/Grand Finale, I've seen videos of the R30 intro and it feels like a tease: you want more from it but you know you won't be getting any. I would rather full songs.

I agree...I'd love to see them do SOMETHING 2112 related since 2012 is 100 years PRIOR to that year! Not sure if they'd bring the WHOLE monster out for a THIRD time, but I'd sure enjoy it!

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Oct 13 2011, 04:20 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 29 2011, 10:50 AM)

I agree...I'd love to see them do SOMETHING 2112 related since 2012 is 100 years PRIOR to that year! Not sure if they'd bring the WHOLE monster out for a THIRD time, but I'd sure enjoy it!

They only played the whole thing during one tour. They excluded "Oracle: The Dream" during the first tour. If I had it my way, they would play all of it for the 2012 tour. It's only appropriate and it would make a lot of new fans happy that only learned about Rush post hiatus.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Sep 18 2011, 07:33 PM)
medleys=less time for actual songs

let's hope they don't

This.

All the R30 Overture did was make me want to hear those songs that I wasn't going to hear.

***I still don't see why they can't just play the damn songs and Geddy can just do the best he can. A less than perfect Bastille Day would beat no Bastille Day at all.

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Oct 20 2011, 10:57 AM)
I still don't see why they can't just play the damn songs and Geddy can just do the best he can. A less than perfect Bastille Day would beat no Bastille Day at all.

Agreed - if they can tune Circumstances down a full step (which sounded awful to me), then pull out Bastille Day or some other cruncher from back then.

I'd love to hear on the next tour at the end of the intro video (and this should have been their Time Machine Tour intro) - "Would you please welcome from Toronto, Canada - RUSH!"

Then shred up Bastille Day or Anthem. Dammit.

I didn't like Circumstances tuned down either.

Question for the musicians (or anyone, I guess) - what would it sound like if the song were played normally but Geddy didn't go for the highs? If he was singing like he normally does these days? Would it really be that bad? I mean, they do other songs and don't tune them down, and it's not horrible...

Edited by danielmclark

Some of you might not be fans of medley's, but there is one thing. Everyone wants to hear Cygnus and Hemispheres Book II. And the only way you're gonna get that is a condensed version.

Cygnus Book I and II medley ftw

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Oct 20 2011, 10:57 AM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Sep 18 2011, 07:33 PM)
medleys=less time for actual songs

let's hope they don't

This.

All the R30 Overture did was make me want to hear those songs that I wasn't going to hear.

***I still don't see why they can't just play the damn songs and Geddy can just do the best he can. A less than perfect Bastille Day would beat no Bastille Day at all.

This.

I think next tour should definately have a medley to start off the show like R30:

(Finding My Way/ By Tor & The Snowdog / The Necromancer / Something for Nothing / Cygnus X1 / Hemispheres / Freewill )

Going into:

Limelight (First with Vocals)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I think it's a great idea the show would start off great! As Allways!

The Set list might look like this:

Set 1:

Instrumedley: (Finding My Way, By-Tor & the Snow Dog, The Necromancer, Something for Nothing, Cygnus X1, Hemispheres (Prelude), Natural Scinece)

Limelight

Analog Kid

Kid Gloves

Cut to the Chase

Vapor Trails

Cold Fire

Where's My Thing?

Show Don't Tell

Distant Early Warnings

Freewill

YYZ

Set 2:

Caravan

BU2B

New Song from CA

Instrumental from CA

New Song Form CA 2

Clockwork Angels (Epic)

The Big Money

Lock and Key

Middletown Dreams

Test For Echo

Mal Nar/ Drum Solo

Alex's Solo / The Trees

Xanadu (Entire)

2112 Overture/ Temples/ Finale

Encore:

Far Cry

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Sep 28 2011, 05:20 PM)
I think some sort of nod to Fountain of Lamneth would be awesome. They could probably stick No One At The Bridge or In The Valley somewhere as an instrumental piece

amen! fountain of lamneth complete!

QUOTE (tot @ Dec 7 2011, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Sep 28 2011, 05:20 PM)
I think some sort of nod to Fountain of Lamneth would be awesome. They could probably stick No One At The Bridge or In The Valley somewhere as an instrumental piece

amen! fountain of lamneth complete!

Yes, but it will never happen eh.gif