Geddy and Neil help out Joplin tornado victims.

Draco

Geddy Lee and Neil Peart have donated signed items to those recovering from the tornado that hit Joplin, Missouri earlier this year.

In the Music Aid for Joplin auction event on August 24, 2011, Geddy donated an Orange CR50BXT bass amp, while Neil donated a complete set of signed Sabian cymbals.

http://www.rushweb.net/2011/08/geddy-lee-a...ornado-victims/

It's always nice to see bands getting involved to help disaster victims. The fans get a chance to get cool swag, and people in need benefit. Too bad I'm not rich enough to afford any of it...

Yeah,Babycat,that is really good they're doin that.

I'm sure the good folks of Joplin Mo.

are appreciating that alot.My Great-grandparent's

lived in Joplin for about 12 yrs, So Joplin people are

like family to me personally.

GOD BLESS RUSH!

God bless Joplin Mo.

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (Draco @ Aug 25 2011, 11:07 AM)
Geddy Lee and Neil Peart have donated signed items to those recovering from the tornado that hit Joplin, Missouri earlier this year.

In the Music Aid for Joplin auction event on August 24, 2011, Geddy donated an Orange CR50BXT bass amp, while Neil donated a complete set of signed Sabian cymbals.

I love it when Rush does stuff like this.

It's funny, though, because if you only read the first line. "Geddy Lee and Neil Peart have donated signed items to those recovering from the tornado that hit Joplin, Missouri earlier this year", it's pretty funny.

Tornado Victim: "I've lost everything. In the blink of an eye, my life has been turned upside down."

Geddy: "I really feel bad for you. Here, have an amp!"

Anywhoo, this is a great thing and I hope it raises some money to help those who so desparately need it.

Yet another reason I wub.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Aug 25 2011, 10:27 PM)

It's funny, though, because if you only read the first line. "Geddy Lee and Neil Peart have donated signed items to those recovering from the tornado that hit Joplin, Missouri earlier this year", it's pretty funny.

Tornado Victim: "I've lost everything. In the blink of an eye, my life has been turned upside down."

Anywhoo, this is a great thing and I hope it raises some money to help those who so desparately need it.

I nearly choked on my breakfast laughing at that!

Seriously tho I totally agree! Bless them!

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Aug 25 2011, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (Draco @ Aug 25 2011, 11:07 AM)

Who knows, the people of Joplin may have been able to use some dryers or a snack machine...

Seriously, though, good job, boys!

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I love how they do these kinds of things, but don't make a big deal about it. They know "we" will find out and it will make it's way around the web, but they don't go out and say "look what we are doing, we're so generous and good"

They do these kinds of things because they're good people.. another classic example was Ged and the baseballs that he donated to that museum. He just did it and didn't make a big deal about it. Classy guys.

Well, My grand-mother used to always say,

" Wish in one hand..and spit in the other...

and see which one gets filled the quickest!!" rofl3.gif

...So..I guess we all need to wish and wish

upon a star...and maybe..just maybe..

the stars will respond...ya think?!??!? confused13.gif yes.gif

..They have so far..Give credit,where credit is due...

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Sep 1 2011, 02:12 AM)
Wish they would have helped us in Katrina. And also wish they would have helped my friends and family in Japan.  yes.gif

Oh yeah that's right: Neil thinks all Southerners are gun-toting, beer drinking hicks and all Japanese men are wife beaters.  rofl3.gif

How do you know they didn't?

Oh yeah that's right: you're too busy trying to figure out ways to show contempt for Neil. eyesre4.gif

Edited by HowItIs