Favorite 3 in a row?

Lost In Xanadu

Which 3 studio albums in a row combo is your favorite?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which 3 studio albums in a row combo is your favorite?

• Rush - Fly By Night - Caress Of Steel
    • Fly By Night - Caress Of Steel - 2112
    • Caress Of Steel - 2112 - A Farewell To Kings
    • 2112 - A Farewell To Kings - Hemispheres
    • A Farewell To Kings - Hemispheres - Permanent Waves
    • Hemispheres - Permanent Waves - Moving Pictures
    • Permanent Waves - Moving Pictures - Signals
    • Moving Pictures - Signals - Grace Under Pressure
    • Signals - Grace Under Pressure - Power Windows
    • Grace Under Pressure - Power Windows - Hold Your Fire
    • Power Windows - Hold Your Fire - Presto
    • Hold Your Fire - Presto - Roll The Bones
    • Presto - Roll The Bones - Counterparts
    • Roll The Bones - Counterparts - Test For Echo
    • Counterparts - Test For Echo - Vapor Trails
    • Test For Echo - Vapor Trails - Snakes & Arrows

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted PEW,MP, and Signals..3 classic lp's yes.gif 2.gif Edited by go2wrk@95974

My top two albums are COS and Hemispheres. Unfortunately there's not a choice encompasing both.

Voted for COS-2112-FTK (I see one other like mind out there so far trink39.gif )

2112-FTK-Hemi a very close second.

All of the albums from COS-MP are so awesome!!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Aug 3 2011, 07:23 PM)
Come on everybody, let's vote for:

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/downloads/wallpaper/T4Ecov.gifhttp://www.2112.net/powerwindows/downloads/wallpaper/VTcov.gifhttp://www.2112.net/powerwindows/downloads/wallpaper/SAcov.gif

and screw up this guy's poll. It'll be fun...just like when we teepeed that mean middle school teacher's house after he gave us all that homework.

I see two problems with that - Test for Echo and Snakes and Arrows.

I went with AFTK/Hemi/PeW for a few reasons...

1. I was never all that crazy about MP for personal reasons, so if it's not in the list I won't b'aww.

2. I hate having one part without the other. So I can't have Cygnus X-1: Book 2 without Book 1. (Also Xanadu is on AFTK.)

3. In terms of pure, raw, unadulterated power and musicianship, at least instrumentally in that "HOLY COW" factor, I feel PeW was the tipping point. Did they do some freaking awesome/amazing things later? Oh yeah. But those three albums were the epitome for me.

wow, tough choice for me between:

A Farewell To Kings - Hemispheres - Permanent Waves

and

Hemispheres - Permanent Waves - Moving Pictures

but I went with

A Farewell To Kings - Hemispheres - Permanent Waves

One thing this poll will show is the demographic of it's regular visitors. It is easy for us to assume that everyone here grew up in the 70's or 80's and favours works from that era.

Hemi-PW-MP will win I have no doubt, but I was intrigued by some of the other collections.

Amazing that 2112 was such a "from nowhere" album that the collections either side of it means it has received only 8 votes as yet.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Aug 4 2011, 03:04 AM)
All of the albums from COS-MP are so awesome!!!! 1022.gif

Ain't that the truth trink39.gif

Presto - Roll The Bones - Counterparts

Don't blame me.

I discovered the band back in 1991 with RTB. This wasn't supposed to be my stuff at the time but it really blow (blew?) me away.

Then I listened to "Presto" (and "A show of hands") a few weeks after and loved it too.

At the time in my countryside I couldn't find anything else by the band so I had to wait the next album to put something else in my ears.

I don't want to lie but I remember well the first time I put the K7 on the player : I can't tell in english how glad I was when I bought "Counterparts". It was beyond all my expectations.

Most of you guys live in USA or canada and Rush is well known around so I don't want to be boring while talking about discovering the band 10 years after "Moving pictures".

But I really hope you all guys once felt the same emotion when you first listened to them and the same emotion when the next album blow (blew?) you away when you heard it fo then first time! wub.gif

QUOTE (tontonfranck @ Aug 4 2011, 03:19 PM)
Presto - Roll The Bones - Counterparts

Don't blame me.

I discovered the band back in 1991 with RTB. This wasn't supposed to be my stuff at the time but it really blow (blew?) me away.

Then I listened to "Presto" (and "A show of hands") a few weeks after and loved it too.
At the time in my countryside I couldn't find anything else by the band so I had to wait the next album to put something else in my ears.

I don't want to lie but I remember well the first time I put the K7 on the player : I can't tell in english how glad I was when I bought "Counterparts". It was beyond all my expectations.

Most of you guys live in USA or canada and Rush is well known around so I don't want to be boring while talking about discovering the band 10 years after "Moving pictures".
But I really hope you all guys once felt the same emotion when you first listened to them and the same emotion when the next album blow (blew?) you away when you heard it fo then first time! wub.gif

goodpost.gif So I'm not the only one who voted for that stretch. smile.gif

Tough one but I knew my top three was going to involve

Grace Under Pressure. If it's not my favorite album it's my most listened to one....

MP...SiG...GUP

then

Hemi...Perm...MP

2.gif 1022.gif