1. 1. Hmmmm?

• Coffee
    • Tea
    • Elephants

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coffee - 1 big mug a day with 2% lactaid/2 stevias/and Sweet Italian Creme coffee creamer.

I like my sugar with coffee and cream! tongue.gif

Hot tea (3 spoons of sugar) in the winter is excellent! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Ice tea (5 spoons of sugar) in the summer is awesome! yes.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 24 2011, 10:56 PM)
Always tea, never coffee...

signs015.gif

yes.gif goodpost.gif

tea = biggrin.gif

coffee = 062802puke_prv.gif

Never liked coffee. Got into tea about 10 years back. Now I won't even purchase it in the store though. I order mine from Harney & Sons (that's Harney.com). Great stuff and I keep exploring, trying different kinds and blends.

My theory is that a lot of Americans just think they should boil the water and dump it over the tea bag. Works fine for black tea but not for green and white tea. For those its less then boiling water plus their is an ideal amount of time the tea should step. I think a lot of folks don't know what that is or that their even is an ideal brewing time. Most of us just want our drink and to go. That's why (IMO) coffee is liked, just brew and go, and tea is not liked, it takes some time plus many just don't brew it right.

Just a theory however.

QUOTE (TheAccountant @ Jan 23 2012, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 24 2011, 10:56 PM)
Always tea, never coffee...

signs015.gif

yes.gif goodpost.gif

tea = biggrin.gif

coffee = 062802puke_prv.gif

Never liked coffee. Got into tea about 10 years back. Now I won't even purchase it in the store though. I order mine from Harney & Sons (that's Harney.com). Great stuff and I keep exploring, trying different kinds and blends.

My theory is that a lot of Americans just think they should boil the water and dump it over the tea bag. Works fine for black tea but not for green and white tea. For those its less then boiling water plus their is an ideal amount of time the tea should step. I think a lot of folks don't know what that is or that their even is an ideal brewing time. Most of us just want our drink and to go. That's why (IMO) coffee is liked, just brew and go, and tea is not liked, it takes some time plus many just don't brew it right.

Just a theory however.

I'd agree with that. Moreover, the very culture of tea/drinking tea just isn't there in the states.