Captain America

pedro2112

Saw this with my daughters earlier this evening. Why on earth did it have to be in 3D?

Anyway, it was very good. I"ve been somewhat impressed with this one, Thor, Hulk and the Iron Man movies. I am looking forward to the Avengers. At the end of CA, they had a sneak look at the Avengers movie set to be released next year. Definitely looks interesting.

It's a fun movie, certainly not a great movie, but a pretty good one. The best part was the cast, everybody looked like they were having fun. And that's the point of a movie like Captain America.

The Avengers has a lot of potential.

I want to see it but everyone in the family wants to see HP7e2 again. And next week is Cowboys and Aliens so budget is stretched... what to do... confused13.gif

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Jul 23 2011, 06:22 PM)
Loved it, I saw it in 3D, it was well done, but not really necessary.

Johann Schmidt / Agent Smith tongue.gif

It was nice that the movie did not start out hammering you with explosions...

I really loved the look of the Hydra technology.

See it

HYDRA tech looked a lot like COBRA tech.

In fact I thought I almost saw a HISS tank somewhere in the background in one of the fights. tongue.gif

Anyhow I thought this movie was really good. I went into it not knowing much about CA and was pleasantly surprised, just like how I saw Iron Man. I haven't seen Thor yet but that's next up on Netflix when it's available.

The Avengers trailer at the end looks great, but isn't Hulk supposed to be a member? I don't remember seeing him in it, and he's kind of hard to miss.

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 24 2011, 06:28 AM)
I want to see it but everyone in the family wants to see HP7e2 again. And next week is Cowboys and Aliens so budget is stretched... what to do... confused13.gif

Just go see the matinee then. All the showings of CA were sold out Friday night so I had to see it at 10 in the morning yesterday. The good news is that 2 tickets cost $12.00 total*

*And the water and medium popcorn cost me $11.50 (what??!!!!!)

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Jul 23 2011, 05:22 PM)
Loved it, I saw it in 3D, it was well done, but not really necessary.

I just wanted to highlight this. Why on earth was this movie in 3D? It added nothing. It's just a money grab by the industry to tack on the extra charges.

Haven't seen it yet but I'm glad Chris Evans is a star now. I've always been rooting for him to be a bigger name in Hollywood. He's one of the few "heartthrob" actors around my age who can act. Sunshine shows he's got dramatic chops as well as action hero and comedic roles.

Just got back from seeing it. It was VERY GOOD. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

As usual, Tommy Lee Jones steals the show. His acting and charisma are just unbeatable. His lines and delivery packed so much punch that they made all the others seem weak.

Chris Evans' performance was light-years better than when he was Johnny Storm. Kudos to Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull. I thought he was excellent....just as he was as Elrond and Agent Smith. Haley Atwell was just as good as Agent Carter. She wasn't just another pretty face. She showed some sincere fire and passion. The supporting cast was very good....solid characters.

Yeah, the film was a little predictable, but so what? It was a very well made action-adventure comic book superhero film.

I give it a 7.5/10. Very entertaining, but not quite at the masterpiece level. I'll probably get it on disc....

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 24 2011, 07:28 AM)

Cowboys and Aliens looks stupid.

Captain America was good. Saw it last night.

Edited by tick

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Aug 14 2011, 01:29 PM)
They have sure been scraping the bottom of the super hero list lately.

Your superhero list is probably like this:

Batman

Superman

Spiderman

Iron Man

[barrel bottom]

That's not a very long list for comic book fans...

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Aug 15 2011, 03:29 AM)

You're on acid. Obviously you don't like Captain America but making a film about him isn't scraping the bottom. He's been around for 70 years which was decades before Spidey, Hulk, Iron Man, Fantastic 4, X-MEN, etc. BEFORE the Iron Man films I'd guess Cap was just as popular/well-known [possibly even more so] as him. THIS would be scraping the bottom:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/individuals/i_1d/impossibleman.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 14 2011, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Aug 15 2011, 03:29 AM)

You're on acid. Obviously you don't like Captain America but making a film about him isn't scraping the bottom. He's been around for 70 years which was decades before Spidey, Hulk, Iron Man, Fantastic 4, X-MEN, etc. BEFORE the Iron Man films I'd guess Cap was just as popular/well-known [possibly even more so] as him. THIS would be scraping the bottom:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/individuals/i_1d/impossibleman.gif

Actually they are f***ing excellent! Quick JB get on the phone to Hollywood! We're gonna make a film about them! Get ready everyone for the brand new comic book sensation: THE GREEN GOBLIN SPOCK RIP OFF TWINS!!

common001.gif

No but seriously Impossible Man should have his own film, he could be the next big thing!

schla03.gif cool10.gif no.gif yes.gif no.gif yes.gif no.gif yes.gif bekloppt.gif ph34r.gif unsure.gif ohmy.gif