Captain America

pedro2112

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 15 2011, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 14 2011, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Aug 15 2011, 03:29 AM)
They have sure been scraping the bottom of the super hero list lately.

You're on acid. Obviously you don't like Captain America but making a film about him isn't scraping the bottom. He's been around for 70 years which was decades before Spidey, Hulk, Iron Man, Fantastic 4, X-MEN, etc. BEFORE the Iron Man films I'd guess Cap was just as popular/well-known [possibly even more so] as him. THIS would be scraping the bottom:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/individuals/i_1d/impossibleman.gif

Actually they are f***ing excellent! Quick JB get on the phone to Hollywood! We're gonna make a film about them! Get ready everyone for the brand new comic book sensation: THE GREEN GOBLIN SPOCK RIP OFF TWINS!!

common001.gif

No but seriously Impossible Man should have his own film, he could be the next big thing!

schla03.gif cool10.gif no.gif yes.gif no.gif yes.gif no.gif yes.gif bekloppt.gif ph34r.gif unsure.gif ohmy.gif

And here is the VERY VERY bottom of the barrel...yes, even worse than Howard the Duck.

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/power-pack/16-1.jpg

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Aug 16 2011, 09:54 AM)
Power Pack isn't the rock bottom, by any means. That wasn't a bad series, and the stuff they've done with the title in the all-ages line is actually really good.

Hell, they were part of the Mutant Massacre crossover with X-Men, X-Factor and Thor.

By MY means they are rock bottom. [...and CERTAINLY they're waaaaay below Cap which was the real reason I mentioned them in the first place]. The only Power Pack I know is when they first came out...and I thought it totally sucked.

I stopped buying comics regularly a few years before the crossover/variant cover crap started becoming common. So I missed out on that Massacre (though I do know what you're talking about)

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 14 2011, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Aug 14 2011, 01:29 PM)
They have sure been scraping the bottom of the super hero list lately.

Your superhero list is probably like this:

Batman

Superman

Spiderman

Iron Man

[barrel bottom]

That's not a very long list for comic book fans...

biggrin.gif Pretty much .

add The Green Hornet and Ultra Man.

I just saw this. Though I didn't think it was great, it was much better than I thought it'd be. And the Cap actor was decent...I had been worried about him playing role.

I'd rate the Avengers characters' films in this order:

Iron Man 1 (very good)

Thor (good)

Captain America (okay)

The Incredible Hulk [the Ed Norton one] (okay)

Iron Man 2 (disappointing)

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 21 2011, 07:08 AM)
I just saw this. Though I didn't think it was great, it was much better than I thought it'd be. And the Cap actor was decent...I had been worried about him playing role.

Iron Man 1 (very good)
Thor (good)
Captain America (okay)

Hey JB I just saw it too!

The Steve Rogers actor was pretty good, the special effects making him look puny at first were clever.

Hugo Weaving was very solid as the Red Skull.

I feel that this was mostly a set-up for a sequel and the Avengers film.

The same with Thor which I just saw. They didn't do an origin thing in that film but instead they had him banished to Earth with no power. This was an expected plot but I felt they kept this situation too long, he should have been able to pull the hammer the first time...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 22 2011, 04:05 AM)

Iron Man 1 (very good)
Thor (good)
Captain America (okay)

The Steve Rogers actor was pretty good, the special effects making him look puny at first were clever.

The same with Thor which I just saw. They didn't do an origin thing in that film but instead they had him banished to Earth with no power. This was an expected plot but I felt they kept this situation too long, he should have been able to pull the hammer the first time...

I did like how they used Cap's standard comic book uniform when he was promoting the military. I think it would've been fun if they had used the 1960s cartoon song somewhere in there too (or even show a clip of the ORIGINAL black & white Cap film from the 40s):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/Cptamerica_serial.JPG

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 22 2011, 04:28 AM)

Iron Man 1 (very good)
Thor (good)
Captain America (okay)

I did like how they used Cap's standard comic book uniform when he was promoting the military. I think it would've been fun if they had used the 1960s cartoon song somewhere in there too (or even show a clip of the ORIGINAL black & white Cap film from the 40s):

What do you think the Avengers film will be like?

Top or flop?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 22 2011, 06:40 PM)

Iron Man 1 (very good)
Thor (good)
Captain America (okay)

Top or flop?

I think they'll play it fairly safe like they did with Cap so I think it'll be fine. However, I think it'll be better than the Cap movie but not as good as XMEN 2. Hopefully, it won't be bogged down with all the heavyweight characters...and therein lies the potential problem.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 22 2011, 04:52 AM)

Iron Man 1 (very good)
Thor (good)
Captain America (okay)

Top or flop?

I think they'll play it fairly safe like they did with Cap so I think it'll be fine. However, I think it'll be better than the Cap movie but not as good as XMEN 2. Hopefully, it won't be bogged down with all the heavyweight characters...and therein lies the potential problem.

I wonder who the main villain will be? I know Loki is in it again...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 22 2011, 11:40 AM)

Iron Man 1 (very good)
Thor (good)
Captain America (okay)

Top or flop?

Smart money is on the Skrulls, but that's just speculation at this point.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 23 2011, 03:17 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 22 2011, 11:40 AM)

Iron Man 1 (very good)
Thor (good)
Captain America (okay)

Top or flop?

Smart money is on the Skrulls, but that's just speculation at this point.

Seems a bit loaded for folks not accustomed to comic lore to have Loki, Hulk, the big 3 Avengers AND the Skrulls in a FIRST flick. I can't see it.