The Happiest Moment of youtr Life

burgeranacoke

QUOTE (burgeranacoke @ Jul 21 2011, 10:00 PM)
Simple, right?

Excluding the obvious, births and weddings, what is the happiest moment in your life?

When I left home.

Its all been gravy since then. When I was a kid people would tell me I didn't know how good I had it. You know what I learned over time? Those people didn't know what the f*ck they were talking about.

Excluding births and weddings, it would have to be the day I met my future wife. We hit it off and I couldn't stop smiling.

Either that or Jan 26, 1997. (didn't even have to look the date up)

I'd have to say it would have to be the summer of 68,

when our family moved from Inland L.A. , to the coastline

of Huntington bch., Ca. I grew up with severe asthma,

because we lived 2 blocks from the 10 freeway,

in San Gabriel valley.Back then, cars didn't have smog restrictions,

so we were breathing dirt for air. Happiest moment: 7-29-68...

1st day on the coastline! 3 yrs later, I could breathe without any

difficulty whatsoever.

Honorable mention #1 : In 1971, I pitched a no-hitter in Little league.

I was 12 yrs old. Played 4 yrs, and my teams won three regional championships.

Honorable mention #2: on 2-14-01, I bowled a league sanchioned

300 game , 12 strikes in a row..couldn't believe it!!!

(My dad and grandfather were simi-pro bowlers..taught me everything

I know about the game.)

#3: 6-9-1981: 1st RUSH concert ever!!! YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

Edited by go2wrk@95974

- Finding out my cousins and I were going to Russia in 1988, when things were just starting to open up (then, after thinking the trip was off, finding a way to go)

- Meeting the members of my other favorite band

- My Rush shows

- Meeting my boyfriends, even a few of the ex's, or first dates

- Traveling with my boyfriend

- Leaving a lot of my previous jobs

- Bringing my kitties home for the first time

- Escaping from...er...graduating from high school/the party that followed, and telling my parents when it was over that, if I never had a wedding (and I never did) that it would be the best party I've ever had (and it still is). My father passed away less than two years later, and that party served the dual purpose of celebrating my graduation/getting the family and all family friends through the years together one last time, because we knew my father was dying. It went on for three days.

Edited by 1 of the 7

The day I met my husband and the day he proposed. wub.gif

Oh gosh... I have lived such an amazing eighteen years... but here are a few moments... Some may seem odd, but they hold more significance for me than it may seem!

- Going to Europe for two weeks with my family when I was nine

- Holding the seventh and final Harry Potter book in my hands at midnight on the release date (this was very bittersweet; J.K. Rowling was the first author who ever inspired me to write)

- Seeing RUSH for the first time last year with my dad

- Finishing - and for the first time completing the 50K word challenge set by - National Novel Writing Month in 2010

- One ordinary night last year, sitting next to my father as he played his guitar, and in that very moment realizing that life wasn't about how much money you make, or how many concerts you see, or how many books or CDs you own, or how successful you are to everyone else, because that's not happiness. Happiness is so much simpler. It's the people you love and the things you do that really matter. And at that moment I realized that I didn't care about any the above... not really, because it wasn't the thing, or the event - it was the people that made it amazing.

I have a few....

> The day my daughter was released from the hospital. She was 5 weeks premature and had to spend 3 weeks in the neo-natal unit.

> Riding on a double-decker bus, driving under Tower bridge as it sunk in that I was actually in London, a place I'd wanted to visit ever since I can remember.

> Every time I pass under the railroad bridge and enter Main Street USA at Disneyland. That place is a tonic for me, it refills my spirit.

> Seeing Rush on June 30th from the 4th row and having a "mouthed" conversation with Alex about him starring in my film. He said he'd think about it. cool.gif

Hopefully, soon, I can add > The day Alex agreed to star in my film smile.gif

Edited by HowItIs

Meeting Ged & Al in 2007 and saying some personal things to Ged wub.gif getting sticks from Neil in 2008.

Having Ged actually come right up and sing to me back in the 70's when there were no stage barriers. This happened quite a few times as I literally was the ONLY female in the audience.

Edited by nobodys hero

Geography class in grade nine laugh.gif

Seeing Beyond the Lighted Stage with my friend

Seeing Rush last summer

My French trip to Toronto in grade nine...

Almost anything that happened in grade nine :S

Edited by Earthshine Emmeline

Finding out I was pregnant when I was 19. I was so overjoyed, so ecstatic....I haven't had that feeling before or since (and actually seeing her for the 1st time was a different joy)! words can't even begin to describe how happy I was to find out I'd be a mama<3

and when I met Cheap Trick. I was so giddy it was ridicluous! lol. very sweet guys=]

I thought my heart would explode in a million pieces.

The moment I knew I won front row Rush tickets. I actually screamed aloud, on the phone to the radio. My father thought I had fallen or something bad happened and it scared the sh*t out of him laugh.gif Of course, teh show that night is including in this "happiest moment" package.

About five minutes ago, my 7 year old daughter put Hold Your Fire into her CD player in her bedroom. biggrin.gif