The Official Mike Portnoy Thread

Tick

Mike is going to be on Eddie Trunks x-m radio show tonight . 600 pm on Hair Nation. All things Adrenaline Mob ! unsure.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 5 2012, 10:56 AM)
Mike is going to be on Eddie Trunks x-m radio show tonight . 600 pm on Hair Nation. All things Adrenaline Mob ! unsure.gif

I wish I could be excited about Adrenaline Mob, but every tune I listen to sounds formulaic and generic.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Feb 28 2012, 09:34 PM)
Transatlantic is going to be recording again! Mike Portnoy said in an interview with Classic Rock Presents Prog that they are going to find time in their schedules to record this year. I hope they can top The Whirlwind. So we have a new Morse solo album, Flying Colors, a cover album, and Transatlantic. This is going to be a great year for Mike and Neal.

Mike has always been a workhorse, but I'm shocked at how much stuff Neal is doing lately.

QUOTE (Tick @ Mar 5 2012, 10:19 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 5 2012, 10:56 AM)
Mike is going to be on Eddie Trunks x-m radio show tonight . 600 pm on Hair Nation. All things Adrenaline Mob !  unsure.gif

I wish I could be excited about Adrenaline Mob, but every tune I listen to sounds formulaic and generic.

I hear ya. I hope the album is better than the e.p

QUOTE (Tick @ Mar 5 2012, 10:20 AM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Feb 28 2012, 09:34 PM)
Transatlantic is going to be recording again! Mike Portnoy said in an interview with Classic Rock Presents Prog that they are going to find time in their schedules to record this year. I hope they can top The Whirlwind. So we have a new Morse solo album, Flying Colors, a cover album, and Transatlantic. This is going to be a great year for Mike and Neal.

Mike has always been a workhorse, but I'm shocked at how much stuff Neal is doing lately.

Portnoy has time to play now and since they are great buds , it works out for Us biggrin.gif

QUOTE (The K Man @ Mar 5 2012, 11:48 AM)

Adrenaline Mob still sucks something awful.

Unfortunately for Mike , this album is getting No good reviews . Unless people buy it or the live shows do well and they get good tours , this will be the first and only AM album . Songs that Everyone has heard before are flowing like wine here . Sad

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 5 2012, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (The K Man @ Mar 5 2012, 11:48 AM)

Adrenaline Mob still sucks something awful.

Unfortunately for Mike , this album is getting No good reviews . Unless people buy it or the live shows do well and they get good tours , this will be the first and only AM album . Songs that Everyone has heard before are flowing like wine here . Sad

I'm sorry to say that this is the first Mike Portnoy release with which I've been disappointed. I was at the first AM show last year and liked about half of what they played, especially the covers (what does that say?!?). But, just what everyone is saying about "generic" and "forulaic" is correct.

The bassist from Disturbed is a perfect fit because it's the same type of music, just not as good. Russell's screaming vocals are like nails on chalkboard for me. "Feelin' Me" is possibly one of the worst songs I've ever heard. I hated it at the concert and the album doesn't change that for me.

I'm hoping that his Flying Colors release is better than this. And, if the reviews are correct, it should crush it.

QUOTE (cfmoran13 @ Mar 14 2012, 03:18 PM)
"Feelin' Me" is possibly one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

yes.gif Complete Shit . How the Label let them put it on the album is mindblowing

QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 14 2012, 03:30 PM)
Yeah the Adrenaline Mob album is one to miss...

Your just Mad because you spent all your cash on that Tull Tribute album rofl3.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 14 2012, 03:31 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Mar 14 2012, 03:30 PM)
Yeah the Adrenaline Mob album is one to miss...

Your just Mad because you spent all your cash on that Tull Tribute album rofl3.gif

laugh.gif moon.gif common001.gif waffen093.gif smash.gif gumby.gif signs015.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 2 2012, 07:08 PM)
Mike posted on Facebook that he's in the studio recording drums for one of his favorite bands as a guest. No clue who it could be.

Spock's Beard?

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 2 2012, 06:08 PM)
Mike posted on Facebook that he's in the studio recording drums for one of his favorite bands as a guest. No clue who it could be.

RUSH?

*Shields up! Red Alert!*

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 3 2012, 01:08 AM)

Metallica?

Can you picture a Metallica song with decent drumming?

I can't wacko.gif

I think it's Sixx A.M. I have no factual evidence to support this claim, but whatever.

Portnoy is really losing his mind by the way. I wish he'd go back to being the humble drummer prodigy like he was from 1992-1999. Now he's like a wannabe-rockstar parody that plays the same shit on every single album and pretends like he has OCD.

PORTNOY, SHEEHAN, MACALPINE, SHERINIAN - EUROPEAN AND ASIAN TOUR 2012

Mike Portnoy, Billy Sheehan, Tony MacAlpine and Derek Sherinian will join forces this fall embarking on an extended tour of Europe and Asia.

The virtuoso band will play an all-instrumental set consisting of material from each of their solo records and their previous collaborations as well as classic instrumental covers and extended solo spots.

Mike Portnoy formed the lineup to perfom at two drum events at the NAMM show last January. Due to overwhelming response that band has decided to take their show on tour.

"I knew when assembling this lineup that it would be a magical musical experience that would be a blast for us as well as the fans! I can't wait to play again with these tremendous musicians and share the experience with you all at these special shows!" says Portnoy.

OCTOBER

17 - Opole, Poland

18 - Wroclaw, Poland

20 - Bucarest, Romania - Jukebox Club

21 - Zoetermeer, Holland - Boerderij

25 - Tel Aviv, Israel - Reading 3

26 - Kiev,Ukraine - Bingo Club

27 - Moscow, Russia - Izvestia Hall

28 - St. Petersburg, Russia - Glav Club

31 - Beijing, China

NOVEMBER

2 - Shanghai, China

4 - Taipei, Taiwan

6 - Manila, Philippines

8 - Bangkok, Thailand

10 - Fort Gate, Singapore

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 17 2012, 12:18 PM)

Mike Portnoy, Billy Sheehan, Tony MacAlpine and Derek Sherinian will join forces this fall embarking on an extended tour of Europe and Asia.
The virtuoso band will play an all-instrumental set consisting of material from each of their solo records and their previous collaborations as well as classic instrumental covers and extended solo spots.

Mike Portnoy formed the lineup to perfom at two drum events at the NAMM show last January. Due to overwhelming response that band has decided to take their show on tour.

"I knew when assembling this lineup that it would be a magical musical experience that would be a blast for us as well as the fans! I can't wait to play again with these tremendous musicians and share the experience with you all at these special shows!" says Portnoy.

OCTOBER

17 - Opole, Poland
18 - Wroclaw, Poland
31 - Beijing, China

NOVEMBER

2 - Shanghai, China
4 - Taipei, Taiwan
6 - Manila, Philippines
8 - Bangkok, Thailand

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

What a lineup!!! Derek may not be as fast or tech-oriented as Jordan Rudess, but his tones are incredible. I'm not sure what exactly the set will be made of though, because there's no album to promote. Does anybody know? In previous concerts they did a few instrumental numbers off Planet X and Dream Theater's catalogues.

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 17 2012, 01:37 PM)

OCTOBER

17 - Opole, Poland
18 - Wroclaw, Poland
31 - Beijing, China

NOVEMBER

2 - Shanghai, China
4 - Taipei, Taiwan
6 - Manila, Philippines
8 - Bangkok, Thailand

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

What a lineup!!! Derek may not be as fast or tech-oriented as Jordan Rudess, but his tones are incredible. I'm not sure what exactly the set will be made of though, because there's no album to promote. Does anybody know? In previous concerts they did a few instrumental numbers off Planet X and Dream Theater's catalogues.

Too bad they're not coming to the US. Sherinians' extremely underrated. 1022.gif

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 17 2012, 12:40 PM)
QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 17 2012, 01:37 PM)

OCTOBER

17 - Opole, Poland
18 - Wroclaw, Poland
31 - Beijing, China

NOVEMBER

2 - Shanghai, China
4 - Taipei, Taiwan
6 - Manila, Philippines
8 - Bangkok, Thailand

Too bad they're not coming to the US. Sherinians' extremely underrated. 1022.gif

Who knows? Maybe this will turn into one of Mike's 32144423213 projects. I hope something comes out of it, either a studio album or a live DVD.