The Official Mike Portnoy Thread

Tick

Since Mike is no longer a member of Dream Theater its time to separate him from there band thread.

Also, Mike is bound to be busier then DT will be and thus, this will be the place to stay up to date about his present and future ventures.

I personally have already seen him 4 times without DT. Twice since he left the band. I'm sure there will many more Mike projects in my future as a fan.

So at the request of The King Of Prog, Tangy!, I unveil the new TRF home of all things Mike Portnoy!

Edited by tick

1287.gif

a thread for the progtologists! 1022.gif

I have only seen Mike once outside of DT and that was with Petrucci on the G3 tour.

I never got into Symphony X so I am more interested in the collaboration with Steve Morse, Neal Morse and company.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 13 2011, 01:10 PM)
1287.gif

a thread for the progtologists! 1022.gif

I have only seen Mike once outside of DT and that was with Petrucci on the G3 tour.

I never got into Symphony X so I am more interested in the collaboration with Steve Morse, Neal Morse and company.

I can't wait for the Morse project!

Also I have seen Mike on these occasions...

Mikes Who tribute

Mikes Beatles tribute

Transatlantic

Neal Morse

All outstanding shows!

1022.gif

Ah , the Haters will love this laugh.gif . I got a chance to meet Mike agian on Sat in Long Island. I had no idea about this until my buddy told me. He was nice as always . I also found out about the show next week. Wendsday is the day for all the info ?

Really looking forward to the new albums from him. I've never seen him live though. I wanted to see Yellow Matter Custard and Neal Morse but I couldn't afford it. Won't be able to make it to the next NYC show either. I hope he tours with the Steve Morse project. I'd love to see them both live.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 13 2011, 04:23 PM)
Ah , the Haters will love this laugh.gif . I got a chance to meet Mike agian on Sat in Long Island. I had no idea about this until my buddy told me. He was nice as always . I also found out about the show next week. Wendsday is the day for all the info ?

Cool!

You gonna attend?

I wish I could but I can't make stuff on such short notice.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 13 2011, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 13 2011, 04:23 PM)
Ah , the Haters will love this laugh.gif  . I got a chance to meet Mike agian on Sat in Long Island. I had no idea about this until my buddy told me. He was nice as always . I also found out about the show next week. Wendsday is  the day for all the info ?

Cool!

You gonna attend?

I wish I could but I can't make stuff on such short notice.

I would like to go, gotta wait for the rest of the info

As it seems this thread is sinking faster than the R.M.S. Titanic, I must say a few things about the great Mike Portnoy.

Sure he is a great drummer. I would never "hate" on that however I think it's a blessing in disguise for Dream Theater. No more annoying back up or duet cookie monster vocals on that lame ass swinging microphone stand that hovers over the drum set like a fishing pole baited for a Big Mouth Bass. LOL!

Dream Theater just got an upgrade in that department. The new Mike will just focus on drumming and I bet he won't look like a spitting camel either.

I am sure Mike will flourish in "The Long Run" with his many upcoming projects, I just hope he focuses on the skins and not on his weak wicked wind pipes.

Signed,

THE EAGLES schla03.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2011, 01:03 AM)
As it seems this thread is sinking faster than the R.M.S. Titanic, I must say a few things about the great Mike Portnoy.

Sure he is a great drummer. I would never "hate" on that however I think it's a blessing in disguise for Dream Theater. No more annoying back up or duet cookie monster vocals on that lame ass swinging microphone stand that hovers over the drum set like a fishing pole baited for a Big Mouth Bass. LOL!

Dream Theater just got an upgrade in that department. The new Mike will just focus on drumming and I bet he won't look like a spitting camel either.

I am sure Mike will flourish in "The Long Run" with his many upcoming projects, I just hope he focuses on the skins and not on his weak wicked wind pipes.

Signed,

THE EAGLES schla03.gif

Yeah Portnoy's vocals are a joke, I don't why he ever thought he could do that...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 13 2011, 11:37 PM)

Sure he is a great drummer.  I would never "hate" on that however I think it's a blessing in disguise for Dream Theater.  No more annoying back up or duet cookie monster vocals on that lame ass swinging microphone stand that hovers over the drum set like a fishing pole baited for a Big Mouth Bass.  LOL!

Dream Theater just got an upgrade in that department.  The new Mike will just focus on drumming and I bet he won't look like a spitting camel either.

Signed,

THE EAGLES  schla03.gif

Yeah Portnoy's vocals are a joke, I don't why he ever thought he could do that...

No doubt Pat. It's a joke that isn't even funny. It's not even about if "he thought he could do it" but more along the lines of why would the rest of the guys in the band let him do it!!!

wacko.gif

Thanks for the hijack...friends. eyesre4.gif

This is a thread for Mikes solo projects. Its not a playbround for bashing Mike.

Seriously... who gives a shit if his vocals were bad? He is a great drummer, and he didn't sing all that much.

Are you guys through?

YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS TRANSGRESSION!!!!! bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 14 2011, 07:56 AM)

This is a thread for Mikes solo projects. Its not a playbround for bashing Mike.
Seriously... who gives a shit if his vocals were bad? He is a great drummer, and he didn't sing all that much.

Are you guys through?

YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS TRANSGRESSION!!!!! bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif bd.gif

laugh.gif

and here is one in advance for earthshine bd.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 14 2011, 07:56 AM)

Are you guys through?

laugh.gif

I get the feeling Earl will be back in here with the Portnoy bashing, hey it's a way of life!!

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 14 2011, 01:37 AM)

Sure he is a great drummer.  I would never "hate" on that however I think it's a blessing in disguise for Dream Theater.  No more annoying back up or duet cookie monster vocals on that lame ass swinging microphone stand that hovers over the drum set like a fishing pole baited for a Big Mouth Bass.  LOL!

Dream Theater just got an upgrade in that department.  The new Mike will just focus on drumming and I bet he won't look like a spitting camel either.

Signed,

THE EAGLES  schla03.gif

Yeah, he sings about as well as Steve Vai. tongue.gif

anyways i saw that MP said someone was going to play a LTE song on americas got talent tonight. never seen the show and highly doubt i will tune in for it but maybe i will.

The first LTE disc is still a favorite of mine.