The Official Mike Portnoy Thread

Tick

Hate it if you wanna hate it; love it if you wanna love it. But when it comes to musical tastes, trying to convince one another about the "right way of seeing and hearing things" is a bit pointless, dontcha think?
  • Like 1

Hate it if you wanna hate it; love it if you wanna love it. But when it comes to musical tastes, trying to convince one another about the "right way of seeing and hearing things" is a bit pointless, dontcha think?

I am not a Portannoy fan at all anymore but I respect your intellect and love for the man.

He is very talented. I was addicted to Dream Theater until "Falling Into Infinity" came out.

I thought Dream Theater was my little secret.

I saw them on the Images Tour three times. Met them all.

James was the coolest.

Then I obsessed over the "Awake" Tour. My buddies from Enchant opened so once again I was dialed in.

I was very lucky and blessed back then. Thank God I still am.

Never heard of Shattered Fortress.

I liked the Winery Dogs. Saw them live in SF. I have an autographed MP drumhead from that show.

Not bad for a hater right? LOL!

To each their own! I just hate Nightwish and Laguna Coil.

Rod, do you like Mike's drumming on that Avenged Sevenfold album?

Cheers!

I never heard Avenged Sevenfold, Earl. I was told they're like a generic Metallica - as if that's even possible.

Shattered Fortress is a small scale tour where he plays for the first time his "12 Step Suite" - five songs where he talks about the 12 AA steps from addiction to sobriety. Those are Dream Theater songs, and his band has members of Haken and Neal Morse Band.

I never heard Avenged Sevenfold, Earl. I was told they're like a generic Metallica - as if that's even possible.

Shattered Fortress is a small scale tour where he plays for the first time his "12 Step Suite" - five songs where he talks about the 12 AA steps from addiction to sobriety. Those are Dream Theater songs, and his band has members of Haken and Neal Morse Band.

Not into the Avenged/A Mob side of his music. Pretty much love everything else the guy has ever done.

That said, I don't need to see this tour. For what it's worth, I keep getting emails that tickets are still available for New York so you might want to try there if you can do a road trip.