Neil's Strongest Album Lyrically

savagegrace26

Which album has the strongest lyrics?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Which album has the strongest lyrics?

• Fly By Night
    • Caress of Steel
    • A Farewell to Kings
    • Hemispheres
    • Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures
    • Signals
    • Grace Under Pressure
    • Power Windows
    • Hold Your Fire
    • Presto
    • Roll the Bones
    • Counterparts
    • Test for Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Snakes & Arrows

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tough choice... I'm voting Hemispheres because the title track is such a great metaphor once you start analysing it. The same can be said about the Trees, but to a much lesser extent.

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ May 8 2011, 01:26 PM)
I'm going for Presto. The lyrical imagery is magical.

Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Signals, and Power Windows are definitely strong contenders though.

Everything from AFtK to S&A are top contender in my opinion, with the exception of CP and TfE.

QUOTE (usb_connector @ May 8 2011, 01:44 PM)
Tough choice... I'm voting Hemispheres because the title track is such a great metaphor once you start analysing it. The same can be said about the Trees, but to a much lesser extent.

The title track is an obvious metaphor.

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ May 8 2011, 01:57 PM)

Don't forget the power packed into Circumstances, and the masterpiece of all lyrics, La Villa Strangiato wub.gif

I voted MP. It was extremely tough to pick just one but Red Barchetta, Vital Signs and Witch Craft are three of his lyrical masterpieces.

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ May 8 2011, 02:57 PM)

I never said it was hard to find. I said it was a great metaphor. What I meant by "once you start analysing it" is how the lyrics become a part of the music. Everything in the lyrics are reinforced by the instruments. I find it hard to look at some songs solely in terms of lyrics. It's like reading a comic book where you see a girl crying and saying "I'm happy for you". You can't always paint a clear picture with words alone.

There are a lot of great choices, but I had to go with Permanent Waves on the strength of Entre Nous and Natural Science.

I thought that he really came into his own on Grace. Not as strong musically as the others, but I really like it lyrically.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ May 8 2011, 02:11 PM)
I voted MP. It was extremely tough to pick just one but Red Barchetta, Vital Signs and Witch Craft are three of his lyrical masterpieces.

yup. Witch Craft is awesome!!!!!

rofl3.gif

Archived