who else here is a counterparts fan :)

s_b_g

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that's a excellent cd, the bass sound is tremendous. They have done a great production work on this one. Also, the compositions are excellent. Probably their best work since HYF.

CP is an awesome album. 1022.gif Stick it Out is the best song. I don't get why people dislike this song. Animate, Nobodys Hero, and LTTA are the other best songs. I even like the Speed of Love. tongue.gif

Besides knowing the hits (e.g. Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Spirit of Radio, Subdivisions, Freewill), I knew nothing else of Rush. Counterparts was the first album that made me into a fan. I immediately loved Cold Fire and Leave that Thing Alone. I then left the album and explored other music by Rush after becoming a new fan last summer.

I love Cold Fire, Leave That Thing Alone, Animate, and Nobody's Hero. I'm still exploring the album a bit. I think the only song that won't ever grow on me will be Stick It Out, but we'll see with that.

The album is great, but isn't in my top three albums, however, it will always hold a special place as being the album that made me a Rush fan. biggrin.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Animate

Alien Shore

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Stick It Out

Nobody's Hero

Cold Fire

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Cut To The Chase

Double Agent

Leave That Thing Alone

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Between Sun and Moon

The Speed Of Love

Everyday Glory

Overall: new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif The bass lines in Cut To The Chase and Leave That Thing Alone are pure masterpieces!

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ May 5 2011, 09:50 PM)
I hated this album and its depressing drone. The supporting tour was a real snoozer, as I remember.

I believe you're thinking of the Time Machine tour tongue.gif

I absolutely love Counterparts; it's easily one of my favorite albums. It also has one of my favorite songs, "Nobody's Hero." Pure beauty and old-school rock. heart.gif

Every song is enjoyable to me, even the underrated and underappreciated songs like "The Speed of Love" and "Everyday Glory." As said before, Geddy's bass lines truly stand out. Alex's guitar work stands out; I particularly like it in "Between the Sun and Moon." Neil's brilliant lyrics also stand out, as they always do. All of it is awesome. tongue.gif

I just received my vinyl copy (yes, I have owned the cd since the mid 90's) of Counterparts today in the mail and have listened to it twice. I have to say, there is not a skip-able track on this album. Easily one of the best they had done since Signals and up to Snakes and Arrows.

I guess I am in the minority with S&A since most here seem to hate it for some reason. confused13.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 6 2011, 08:08 PM)
The only tracks I don't "get" are The Speed of Love and Everyday Glory.

Great, solid album.

I dont get it either, it's what i call filler's songs... wink.gif

QUOTE (RUDT @ May 7 2011, 01:38 AM)

Great, solid album.

I;'ll grant you both The Speed of Love....

But I really like Everyday Glory. I love the vocals in that song, "..no matter what they say..."

wink.gif

QUOTE (RUDT @ May 7 2011, 04:38 AM)

Great, solid album.

But they are completely unnecessary (more so TSOL than EG). Rush has proved that they don't need filler songs. Just look at Hemispheres, for example.