who else here is a counterparts fan :)

s_b_g

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is another album that's rather "new" to me due to my gap in Rush music consumption. I've given it a few listens... and I'm warming up to it. Animate is my favorite but Cold Fire is growing on me.

I love it more all the time as well. Cut To The Chase is my fave. Wasn't too sure how to take Animate until I knew what it was about, and now I love it. Really dig Stick It Out and don't get why few people liked this live. Leave That Thing Alone is fabulous; I do the head-bobbing too yes.gif I relate to the line "Hero - is the pride of purpose/ In the unrewarding job" in Nobody's Hero quite a bit (as I imagine most of us do). Speed of Love is one that I forget how much I love until every time I listen to it. Double Agent has some sexy Geddy vocals blush4.gif Between Sun and Moon definitely benefited from hearing the poem recited that inspired the song. Cold Fire will always be special to me, since it was one of the first Rush songs I picked to listen to after I had been to the show last year, and set out to learn all the songs I didn't already know. It was good to know the guys were considering expectations of how women think and feel versus reality, and that they weren't just counting heads at shows (much as my username comes from exactly that) tongue.gif Edited by 1 of the 7

I got into Rush at the time CP came out. It's always been my favorite album from them. Presto and RTB are good albums but suffer from the thin production. On CP the production was great and they got back to kicking your ass musically and is one of Alex's finest performances.

I love most of the songs on it. My favorites are Animate, CTTC, DA and CF.

Third-favorite overall, behind PeW and PoW.

Rush attempted remaking this album, but with less imagination and lower-quality songs, and entitled it Test for Echo wink.gif

I love this album and yet rarely play it. I'm very familiar with every song, just as I am with every rush album. But every song is great, and I even enjoy speed of love and between sun and moon. Cold fire, LTTA, Nobody's Hero, Animate, and Everyday Glory are my favorites.

Counterparts . . . . .

Whole album stands strong with me, always has, always will

Cold Fire in particular is very popular among my close friends,

I admit due to the influence of my friends I find this song very satisfying, different, but very 2.gif !

smile.gif

Top 5 for me (well, number 5). Some songs may not stand too well on their own, but listening all the way through it, it is an incredibly strong album. It has a perfect beginning and a perfect end (no matter what they say tongue.gif). Edited by Scars

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 4 2011, 08:36 PM)
CP is by FAR their most consistent album since HYF.

Yes, totally agree.

QUOTE (s_b_g @ May 4 2011, 08:17 PM)
still makes me smile smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LocBngOFeFY

d

This vid of Cold Fire is incredible. Damn, these guys can kick some serious ass on stage.