What if CA sucked

Nate2112

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it truly does suck all the way through, I'd say it was time to give up the ghost.

That said, I thought they were done after Presto & RTB, and then they came up with CP.

I thought they were done after T4E and VT, but then they came up with S&A, which isn't perfect, but is at least half of a great album.

Based on the first 2 songs, I think it would be VERY optimistic for me to hope for half of a great album. If they come up with 2 or 3 great tracks, I'll be happy. I'm extremely cautiously optimistic that we'll get that much.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 26 2011, 03:57 PM)
What if it did? How would you feel?

it wouldn't surprise me and life will go on. i haven't had the urge to listen to the two new ones leading up to the concert i attended or after i heard them played at the show so if they could come up with 2-3 keepers on the rest of the album, that's all i can ask for.

I'd be annoyed by the wasted potential (seriously, how often does an established rock group just go out and record a steampunk-themed album?), but I wouldn't really be surprised either way. The preview singles sound like a heavier Snakes and Arrows, and that album was pretty evenly divided in terms of quality (as are the singles, come to think of it), so I'm not betting on one outcome or the other. I'm hoping that it'll be good, though.

I'm on the same boat as the "well BU2B and Caravan were badass so we shouldn't be worried" crew. If it sucks, eh whatever, at least it hopefully won't suck as bad as I Think I'm Going Bald.

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Apr 26 2011, 05:46 PM)
I'm on the same boat as the "well BU2B and Caravan were badass so we shouldn't be worried" crew. If it sucks, eh whatever, at least it hopefully won't suck as bad as I Think I'm Going Bald.

count me as one who likes i think i'm going bald more than both of the new songs.

It's just not possible. Seriously....not possible.

Has any Rush album truly sucked? Ever?

I think not. And if you do...get the f**k outta here. wink.gif tongue.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Apr 26 2011, 06:34 PM)
Eh, i'll torrent it to see if it is good, or bad. I do it with every release from any band.

If I like, I def buy. biggrin.gif

I wonder if they'll release this on Vinyl.

lame

The two singles were great, and S&A was half a good album, so I think there are pretty good odds that it will have some good parts. I don't think any Rush album *sucks* so I don't think CA will suck. If it does, well, the world will still turn....probably tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 26 2011, 06:11 PM)
Well, what if it did?

The world would still turn. All the good stuff that Rush did would still be there.

Wow, I am in complete agreement with this post!

It would be disappointing, sure. But it's not as if that would destroy all the great work they've done.

Archived